BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

Family troubles

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
traveller

Family troubles

I went home to Pennsylvania for Christmas vacation. I was a little bit nervous before I got there, b/c I"m only out to one person in my hometown. Things were going pretty well until Christmas dinner at my dad's parents' house...the topic of conversation changed to something about people being gay and how gross/wrong/unnatural it is...I was cringing to myself!! Then, at my other grandparents' house, my aunt started talking about how she discovered that one of her co-workers is (gasp) lesbian!! and how weird it is and how she doesn't know how to talk to her co-worker. And, she was the -one- person on that side of the family that would be cool w/it if I decided to come out to her...
I'm just so freaked out right now...and so glad that I"m back in TN where there are more people who know who I really am...
And, about that...I kinda feel like I should come out to the ones I"m closest to here, my new friends and all that, but I'm afraid of what they'll say, and I'm afraid that they won't like me anymore...any advice??

Post Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:46 am 
Loretta

I consider my mom someone more open-minded than the average mom in my country, and I heard something similar once. I even heard my grandma saying she'd throw an atomic bomb at all gays. My mom was talking as if it was something so far away, as if from another planet. As if it was somehting unconceivable, the ideia of having to deal with it from the inside.

How I understand you; I was on FIRE on the inside and I even haven't figured out my sexual orientation yet! I took an attitude of 'speak to the hand', with mona lisa smile.

I always could count on my mother about my passions. Now I can't say anything about the one that ruined my college semester and replaced my brain for a bunch of broccoli. Confused

Post Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:04 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: