BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

Need Some Advice Please

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
moon_dreamer

Need Some Advice Please

First I wanna say hey Laughing

Im not very good at explaing myself so I hope this comes out right Shocked . I am in the process of trying to get a divorce from my husband. We are still leggally married but seperated in my mind for a LONG time, my problem is that I have started a new relationship and I am very much in love. My g/f and I now live together and my family has been questioning me about it. I don't wanna hide the fact that I am with her. I love her and am VERY proud to be with her. She means the world to me. I am afraid that telling right now would come back to bite me since I am still legally married. I try to avoid the questions but if you knew my family you would probly understand they aren't the easiest to deal with. I talked to one of my cousins yesterday who is gay and he asked me what our relationship was I DID tell him that yes I was with her so Im sure that word will travel fast thru our dysfuctional family grape vine as it has been called. I just hate feeling like I have to hide reguarding this situation and my soon to be ex won't leave me alone (that a whole post sigh) I also thought about just telling him the truth in hopes that he would leave me alone but again Im afraid that it would come back to bite me in the ass in the end. I guess my question is has anyone been in a similar situation and how did they handle it?

moon_dreamer

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:57 pm 
Nahoa

Hey Moon,

I understand your problem. I wish I could help.

I just wanted to reply to let you know that I feel for youl

Let us know how you are doing.

Nahoa

Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:31 pm 
Mystic

^^^ i ditto that Wink

Arrow Exclamation

Post Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:27 am 
Rene

I am in a somewhat similar situation, except I am not in a new relationship yet. My husband and I are divorcing, but he is the first person I told that I am a lesbian. He says he always knew. He was been very supportive. I have not told my family completely, but I have discussed it some with my sister and sister-in- law. My mom suspects, but does not seem eager to talk about it. I feel like I could never tell my dad, but may have to one day.

I guess I worry, like you, about the time when I am in a relationship. My family has a Southern small town mentality (close-minded about this issue) and very Baptist (with the exception of my sister - who will accept this part of me and whomever I am with), so they will never accept this. I know they will love me still, but it will severely disappoint them.

I hope we both find the solutions we need.

Sorry I could not be more help. But I'm wishing you the best.

Rene

And I'm still waiting for the rain to fall.
Pour real life down on me.

-Evanescence

Post Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:38 pm 

quote:
Originally posted by Nahoa:
Hey Moon,

I understand your problem. I wish I could help.

I just wanted to reply to let you know that I feel for youl

Let us know how you are doing.

Nahoa

Thanks Nahoa
Listening helps I appreciate it. Very Happy

Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:48 pm 

quote:
Originally posted by mystics_rain:
^^^ i ditto that Wink

Arrow Exclamation

Mystic

MWAHHHHHH!!!!! Idea Idea

Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:49 pm 
moon_dreamer

Rolling Eyes I guess it would help if I logged in huh?

Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:50 pm 
moon_dreamer

quote:
Originally posted by Rene:
I am in a somewhat similar situation, except I am not in a new relationship yet. My husband and I are divorcing, but he is the first person I told that I am a lesbian. He says he always knew. He was been very supportive. I have not told my family completely, but I have discussed it some with my sister and sister-in- law. My mom suspects, but does not seem eager to talk about it. I feel like I could never tell my dad, but may have to one day.

I guess I worry, like you, about the time when I am in a relationship. My family has a Southern small town mentality (close-minded about this issue) and very Baptist (with the exception of my sister - who will accept this part of me and whomever I am with), so they will never accept this. I know they will love me still, but it will severely disappoint them.

I hope we both find the solutions we need.

Sorry I could not be more help. But I'm wishing you the best.

Rene

Sorry you can relate cause I know this situation is hard for me. Wishing you the best also.

Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:51 pm 
Mystic

hope you weren't being hard on yourself about that Wink re: not logging in Wink

Moon, I love you.

Rene, I'm sorry you have that mentality in your family. I understand it. And no I don't think they would understand it. I'm glad that your husband was supportive of it. Exclamation

mystic

Post Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:19 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: