BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Articles & Essays

gay adotion...

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
TweeksAnFrank

gay adotion...

K i have a acopule of friends who are acouple and have been together for 35 years this comi,ng summer..Needless to say they are older women who have thn through everything including raising childen..So,k it came as shockh an surprise to learn that in this late stage in life they are thiking of having kids through adoption..As much as i love them i think i t;s a ig misatke cuz i think they arwe too old to raise kids..Besides glenda suffers from heart trouble and she has had a couple of mild heart attacks..Which brins me to the crux of the matter... I don't think it is fair for akid to have aparent who is an older person cuz it's not fait to kid seeing as as how the parent being older could suffer form an age rehalted ailment..ans where would the kid be like in glenda's case..The kid would be minus one parent..I know this an impotant subject to me ..What do yall think about ti ?

Post Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:02 pm 
Sprout

Tweeks

First of all, Welcome to Mel's!

Second - No matter how legitimate your concerns may be......this is not your decision to make. As their friend, and if you love them so much as you profess, then you should support them in this endeavor.

Granted, I don't their ages, but from what you have said I gather that they are somewhere around mid 50's to 60's. Maybe a little older. BUT SO WHAT?? There are GRANDPARENTS out there raising their grandchild(ren) due to various reasons.

In my own opinion, I think that it's wonderful that they are considering adopting another child. Good for them!!! There are so many parentless children out there, I would think that they would be grateful for a "new" life no matter the age of the parent(s).

Just tossing in my own two cents worth.

Sprout

Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:33 am 
Dueceswild

I agree a 100% with what Spout said!
First- Not your decision to make
Second- If their health issues are that large the child services will not let them have children
Third- There are WAY too many children out there that have never had true love from ANYONE, they deserve a chance to have that!
Just support them and tell them how wonderful you think it is that they want to share that love with another human.
PS if they can't adopt for one reason or another, you could suggest volunteering at something like "Big Borther, Big Sister", "The YMCA", or any other family focused non-profit orginization.
Hope I didn't offend you.... I tend to be a little blunt sometimes...
D

Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:55 pm 
lili23

i support gay adopting and all that good stuff, but if the heart attacks affect glenda alot then maybe adopting isnt a good choice, but if it RARELY happens, then i say its a good idea.

Post Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:47 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: