BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

Needing Advice

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Rainshadow

Needing Advice

Hi guys, I've joined this lovely forum seeking advice. I've looked through other posts, but I feel I am needing an answer directly sent to me.

*starts rambling*

Okay, so I havent came out yet, due to the issue of extreme homophobia by 95% of my school, and especially, since, my friend from kindergarten (We're way older now) is againt lesbians and Im not sure if I want to lose her as a friend (though we have been slowly drifting apart recently) Friends are one of my biggest issues, and Im not sure if I want to go through the hardships of being openly gay right now, being my young age.

I've thought I was 'just having a phase' for the longest time too, and Im still a little confused about what my sexuality is. Im pretty sure Im not straight though, but, Im really not sure on my sexuality.

As far as family goes, Im not really sure how it would go. My mom is prefectly fine with gays, and doesnt see why people treat them different. My dad on the other hand, I have no idea what his reaction would be. I mean, he's the type of guy who doesnt want me being around guys, since he's a total overprotective father. (There is seriously only one guy my dad approves of me being around, and thats my best guy friend that I've known since 5th grade) So, I have really no idea on how he would be if I was all "Im gay" though, telling him is about on the bottom of my list.

My best friend though, has just admitted to me that she thinks she is gay, and we're technically going out, being that we both have a strong attraction to eachother. I love her to death. But, being in a relationship might make things harder, no? I mean, not only do I have to hide the feelings for the person that I love, but, Im going to be keeping watch when Im with her and we try and act like its a normal day and we're just best friends at a normal day at school.

I need advice on what to do. If anyone has any advice, I would love to hear it.

Thank you,
Rainshadow

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:05 am 
Mystic

hey Rainshadow.

you sound like smart girl.

i would say, be careful with the best friend going out thing, just only because i went through that and it sorta ruined my friendship, but that is too much drama to go into.

anyways, as far as family and friends, i guess as someone recently told me, i am sure it will hurt responses or lose ppl, i'm a bit older, so it is lil easier for me a i guess, but those that really love you unconditionally will accept you or learn too and just want you to be happy.

at least i think so Rolling Eyes

mystic

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:19 am 
Rainshadow

Thank you. Im actually only 13, so its nice to hear that, lol. ^_^;;;

I'm aware of the best friend idea, and we've talked about that already. I know its going to be uncomfortable and all at first, but we've been a duo that can get through almost anything ( XD that sounded so corny. But, its true, lol) Im one of the people that likes to avoid drama as best as I can, but Im going to take your advice on the situation, being that you've experienced this already. ^_^

You have a very good point, and thats what Im always thinking and hoping thats what will happen. But, like I said before -cough13yearsoldcough- Im not sure if Im ready to openly face these situations yet, and since thats the age of everyone around me, as far as most of my friends, most of them arent mature enough to take in a situation like this if I told them and would most likely say "Ew" despite their beliefs on being gay. So, if I told them, I wouldnt know if they were truly okay/not okay with it, or just being utterly immature. *wonders if she is making any sense*

The more I think about this, the more I keep thinking "Well, just stay quiet then, dumbass" but I dont want to keep it in all the time, you know? Its like what a lot of other people have said about 'living two lives' >.<

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:54 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: