BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Accomplishments

FOOTSY IS CHAMP!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
AzNativeBaller

aww you thats some awesom news footsie. that gold medal does look good on you...congratualations once again

'Az

Post Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:30 pm 
frozenillusion

*puts on new namebadge*

Zen
Official Mascot and Masseuse to THE Champion

Well, I won't complain about that! Wink

Exclamation Zen

Post Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Allison

Great job Footsy! We are all very proud of you! Please keep us posted on your events as they roll along! Way to go lady!!

Alli

Post Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:40 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Footprint

Cool Arrow

((((Limbo)))))

thanks so much.... and yes, this is a very exhausting, draining business... psychologically even more so than physically.

(((((AZ)))))

Thanks so much! Exclamation And I wish you the very best of luck on your journey, i am keeping my fingers crossed...I will be in touch! Hope we will happen to be in chat together sometime soon!!

(((((Zen))))

Perfect Deal!!! Very Happy But you need to come to Mallorca to the World Champs in March (provided I will be there again next year, of course!) then to be my mascot and masseuse...that's my hiring condition!!! Cool

(((((alli))))

Very Happy ..... and thanks a lot for your Winter's Flight story...still hoping to read the rest of the story when you get the chance and time to write more. Smile Merci bien!

I wanted to send out another general THANK YOU Exclamation into Mel's Queendom. It has been a great, unexpected pleasure being part of this wonderful community for the past couple of months. I am sure it has helped my mind sort things out, get distracted from the strains of athletics, and relax a bit so my body could follow and get back on the right track for 2008. It is really humbling to see how caring this community is. Thank you to all of you!!! Exclamation

As for what is next on my action-packed agenda...

I was supposed to do the Tour of Holland (highest stage race category by UCI standards in road cycling) next week but I gave my spot on the national team to a road rider who needed a place in the race and who needs the race more than I do.

In a week I will be going to Berlin, not for cycling, but for my former sport (and life-long sport til I was 24) Track&Field, where I am hired to be a journalist covering the IAAF Golden League Meeting - the highest ranked T&F Meeting in the world.

MId September I will do the Road World Cup in Nuremberg, Germany; from there I am travelling to Tuscany with the road national team to do the Giro della Toscana. After that I will probably go straight to Salzburg, Austria, for a little vacation to watch the Road World Championship and cheer on my friends from all over the cycling world.

In the end of September I am off to Greece to do a smaller stage race on teh road there.

Mid October it is off to the Chrono des Herbiers in France, a time trial by invitation. From there it is straight to a training camp, followed by a six-days race on the track - all in GER.

In November I am off to the Spanish island of Mallorca for another trianing camp, followed by a training camp on the track in Frankfurt/Oder,

followed again in mid December by the Track World Cup in Moscow, Russia. Moscow will be an extremely important race for me as that is the only opportunity for me to qualify for the Track World Championships in Mallorca/Spain in March - which I do not want to miss for anything in the world!

Around New Year we will be raicng another Six-Days race on the track, this time in Zurich/Switzerland. January will be quiet training, February will be the start of 2007 racing on Italian roads as well as a training camp on Spanish roads on Mallorca....plus a track world cup and hopefully the world champs on Mallorca in March.

So yeah...here is my plan for the next couple of months...busy, busy, as usual...a glimpse into the life of a Cyclist = Nomad. Smile Razz

Take care of yourselves,

Footsie

Post Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:31 am 
frozenillusion

Hmmmm.... so let me get this straight, I get a free trip to Mallorca, in March when it's cold and miserable over here?! Well I really don't think I can work under such conditions!!! Laughing

That's an impressive schedule - good luck with all the races and other bits and bops!

Exclamation Zen

Post Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Footprint

quote:
Originally posted by frozenillusion:
Hmmmm.... so let me get this straight, I get a free trip to Mallorca, in March when it's cold and miserable over here?! Well I really don't think I can work under such conditions!!! Laughing

That's an impressive schedule - good luck with all the races and other bits and bops!

Exclamation Zen

Very Happy ...... damn, you really do have some high hiring standards, Mademoiselle Tough Negotiator!!!! Very Happy Wink Cool Laughing

Post Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:00 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: