BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Member Introductions

New

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Peacegirl

New

I have floated around the boards unregistered for several months and finally decided to register tonight. For many years, I've questioned if I was a lesbian or straight or bisexual. The area I'm originally from (central Maine) is a very conservative area so I always suppressed my true side so to speak. Tonight at a campus ministry meeting, my mind wandered and I thought to myself, "I really do believe I'm a lesbian" So that prompted me to sign up. I have a lot of lesbian friends and have accepted them, but I'm havin trouble with this. I do feel more comfortable and some inner struggles have quieted since I came up with that statement, but its still not easy. I wanted to come here and talk freely among you all about this because I'm still scared about coming out to my friends (even the ones who are lesbian and gay themselves).

But I'm not just a lesbian. I am a sophomore at Emmanuel College in Boston. I'm majoring in health and counseling psychology and minoring in women's studies. I haven't officially declared yet but I will in a week! I've listed a bunch of interests I have in my profile so I won't go over those again. Except for the music part. I LOVE music....especially artists such as Tori Amos, Ani DiFranco, Dar Williams, Melissa Ferrick, Alanis Morisette and Sarah McLauchlan. It is rare to find me not listening to music, even when I'm doing homework. I really into activism and am in the feminist group on campus, social awareness group, and hopefully doing some work with NOW in the near future. I am the oldest of four children (my brother is 15 and my sisters are 5 and a half) and like I said earlier, I am from Maine (but MA is so much better!!!) I guess that's about it for now. Please bear with my initial nervousness which I'm sure will probably be around for a little while...this is all still new for me.

Lindsay

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:15 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
DanceofSorrows

(((Lindsay)))

Glad you brought yourself near enough to welcome you Smile And hopefully in time you will feel more comfy. Its a great place just to kick off your shoes and relax. I still have not found the fireplace yet though lol....

Dance~

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:01 am 
twilight

Welcome to a corner of the web where we are friendly and very friendly. Now that you have introduced yourself, we will feel free to tease you a bit and call you by name.

~~Dance~~I wish I could help you find that fireplace within you!!

The lengthening shadows wait The first pale stars of twilight. ~~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:23 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
DanceofSorrows

Come on Twilight...lets investigate Wink

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:11 am 
twilight

Dance~~ok I will investigate and you can give me clues if I am getting hot or cold, or if I need to go higher or lower, hmmmmm.

The lengthening shadows wait The first pale stars of twilight. ~~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:14 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
lastchance

hallo friend hope you find yourself soon...and if you happen to see my self while you're out searching could you please tell her to make her way back to me...cause i happenn to be a bit lost without my self.

*chuckles*

stick around and stay in trouble (though not our trouble...just trouble in general ^_~)

~lastchance

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:18 pm 
Tigger
Site Admin

Hey Peacegirl...a big warm welcome to you from us all at melswebs...pull up a chair.

You will have to ignor those two scrabbling about looking for the fire ...sorry it was the bath they lost last week...never mind eh Rolling Eyes

Hope you like the site and if you have any bright ideas of anything you would like to see on the site ....give us a shout and we will see what we can do.

Take care

Tigs Wink

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:25 pm 
twilight

oh yes, just ignore us searching for a fireplace. That was just that getting very friendly thing I was talking about. Sorry for sticking it in your intro post. Sad

Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:52 pm 
Peacegirl

That's okay. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:24 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
DanceofSorrows

Kicks Tigs leg under the table...ehemmmm

Post Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:53 pm 
Athena

Hey Girl.
I know what you are talking about. I also struggle with some of your issues. If you ever need to talk, I am willing to listen. Welcome to the forum. there are lots of great people here who can help make you feel more comfortable no mater what. Wink
Eve

Post Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:12 pm 
Tigger
Site Admin

Ouchhhhhhh Dance that hurt...have you found that fire place yet.

Tigs Rolling Eyes

Post Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:35 pm 
twilight

yeah Dance found one for me

hehehehehe

Post Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:57 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: