BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Moans & Groans

Katrina...And Mr. Bush......
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Ripley

^^^ agree!

Post Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:57 am 
Renee

Myself, I can't stand to even look at the guy...those beady, little uncomprehending eyes! However, since Mdm Prez brought up those points, I have done a bit of research on my own and what I have discovered is troubling. N.O. was a disaster waiting to happen and everybody knew it. Why such poorly carried out disaster planning? Why weren't all of those spare buses used to evacuate people? It was part of the disaster plan that those buses could be commandeered for this purpose during a disaster. Why did the Mayor wait so long to declare a mandatory evacuation? It really appears that this was bungled through his great ineptitude that is in part shared with Governor Blanco and a few other folks. It does appear factual that Governor Blanco rejected Bush's offer of Federal Assistance initially, just as Mdm Prez reported. Compound all of that with the fact that a very high percentage of people left in town were unfortunately of the criminal element, and you have the equivalent of a war zone. How many places need the freakin' National Guard just to restore law and order during a natural disaster? So...we need to take a look at all govt. officials involved, INCLUDING city and state. Mostly city and state, imho. Shocked

Post Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:04 pm 
wcschwall

Embarassed Only today did I hear from an Ausie sister that could not figure this BUSH guy out.

His Katrina fiasco confirmed his OVERWHELMING.........."jerkiness" to her.

As for myself....................there are many dead people in this illegal war HE started. BY lying. He makes me ashamed to be an American!!!

Post Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:35 am 
Cavewoman

I don't want to come off too heavy here.... BUT, when the Army Corps was petitioned 60 years ago to build those levees (sp?) they recommended that ok they could do something but not a something that involved setting up residency simply because of the below sea level frontage...... next, how long did LA think they could hide the truth? meaning: the Civil War ended quite decisively over 200 years ago, ya think anybody there got the message?... I don't... and yeah, I have touristed the town, French Quarter base, I was very disappointed and left early..... the only reason my lady and i were treated with ANY respect (she's mullato) was cause we were spending money... the social truth of New Orleans was obvious back then, nearly 15 years ago... did anyone care then? NO. It was just a party. Do i feel bad for everyone involved inthis disaster. Hell yeah. Am i surprised? No. Am i proud? No.

Why is it that so much of the country is now suddenly apalled? The truth of NO has been intact since the 1700s. NOW we are surprised? I beg to bow out of the surprise. You may ask what did I do to affect change? I left immediately, no monetary contribution to the debacle..... how did that help? $400 less a night pouring into the economy... Without societal backing, what choice do i have but how i spend my own money? Truth be told, its how this country operates...I'm not proud of that fact. But it is a fact. I feel awful for everyone stuck in that mess... even the criminals, check out how the good old fashioned deep south has handled things since the Civil War... in many cases the war isn't over.... and I'm ashamed of that. As many of my southern friends also are. I'm not trying to make enemies here by any means,... but the truth remains.

School busses? C130s? why turn them down..? How about because the world would become suddenly cognizant of whats been goin on in New Orleans for a long long long long time......... social tragedy.....

solution? don't let them forget... easier said than done.

I'm off my soapbox.... don't crucify the messenger..... Katrina .... what we don't do ourselves, Mother Nature, The Goddess will shove in our faces!

again... please don't hate me but its how i react to this information day after day after day....... we need to do more than Salvation Army and Red Cross, we need to take back our control of this country. How?

Post Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:12 am 
wcschwall

YES ... Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Cavewoman hit the nail on the head Exclamation

Now the wetlands are drying up ... it isn't nice to fool with Mother Nature.

That area was NEVER intended, by the Goddess, higher power, or Question to be
built upon.

I wonder why 3rd world countries that flood every year have the intelligence to build on stilts Question Or even avoid putting themselves in harms way Question

Post Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:13 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: