BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

no one believes me..

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
calypso

no one believes me..

Hi everyone...

I didn't come out to anyone yet, and I'm really afraid to tell somebody about my feelings because maybe they are going to reject me or whatever...but last month I went out to a bar with some friends to forget some of the shit I'm going through... We were all dancing and there was this stupid machoman always trying to flirt with me and dance with me or whispering compliments into my ears, and at one point I couldn't stand it anymore and I told him to leave me alone. Then he asked me why and I said:
Because i'm a lesbian!!
and he said: I don't believe you, you're to beautiful to be a lesbian
and I asked him: DO I HAVE TO BE UGLY TO LIKE GIRLS?! Let me alone you fucking asshole..
And he finally left...

Last week there was a friend of a friend of mine who wanted to know me and he began chatting with me through the internet, and as he wouldn't stop trying to flirt I also told him, I liked girls, and guess what.... he also didn't believe it.. and I spent about half an hour to convince him but he just wouldn't belive me.. He kept saying, I was telling him that to get rid of him when I finally gave up and said he was right...

I'm a little confused because I was always so afraid to come out , and now that I finaly made it and told someone about what I really felt.. they just don't believe it =S....

Maybe you'll laugh about this, I think it's funny, sometimes guys are really stupid, I hope someday, when I'm ready to come out, someone is going to belive me...

Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:21 am 
sothernnite

not to dismiss your feelings or anything but most tend to not believe until it actually happens. so i think once you decide its time to come out, and you live the life, then you really wont care what other believe. you will know in your heart of hearts that it is truth.
fun thing about being gay.. or straight or bi for that matter, is that it doesnt take someone ele believing it to be true for it to be real. all it takes is for you to know it, feel it and live it.
and it is scarey. i was 27 when i finally came out. and the hardest person to tell was my mom. and they believed me. but, it was more the relief i felt for not living a lie any longer. and my life has gotten better each step i havent taken since then.

sincerely
sothernnite

Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:43 am 
Dueceswild

I would have to agree with sothernite on this one, no one seems to have beleived me until they actually saw me make out with another woman, sad to say. And for some reason I still get hit on by men (alot) but have only ever been hit on by one woman in my intire life. My mom still tells me it is a phase eventhou I came out to her over a year ago! Some people just never beleive you, then again if you are happy with yourself and your life what does it matter what they think?
Well thats my 2 cents for what ever its worth, good luck and welcome to Mels btw!
Duece

Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:16 pm 
SWAY

Last edited by SWAY on Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:23 pm 
MsMoody8581

I agree with the ladies on this.

*hits on calypso* hehe

Post Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:53 am 
lonely_gal

Hi calipso, i won't laugh at you because i know what u feel. There was one guy running after me, i used all ways to refuse him but he didn't give up. And finally i had to tell him tat i'm les. He was shock and didn't bliv sigh. I knew that i hurt him, but wat 2 do? Until now, he still tinks that i was joking wif him Confused He's gonna study in Uni of Medical and will be a doctor in the future, if i weren't les, i should have accepted him haha.
I don't think guys are stupid when they don't believe us. It's hard for them to face the truth i guess Wink

Post Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:52 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Renee

Please don't stress out too much...nobody believed me either when I came out. I think it's normal for people to doubt, especially if you used to date guys, and particularly if you are dancing in a "straight" bar. Most guys will think you are just coming up with a creative way to get rid of them. Why don't you tell your pals you are tired of being hit on by guys and ask them to dance with you at a gay club? If you're not ready to do this with your friends, is there a "coming out" support group in your town? You will have a lot of friends to hang out with once you get involved in a support group. Just a thought...I remember the isolation I felt until I met a few other like-minded folks.

Good luck... Smile

Post Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:41 pm 
Cavewoman

I agree with all of the above. Does it matter that folks believe? You believe! You know........ If it helps, I've been OUT for 35 years now and I still run into people, both male and female, gay and straight who don't believe me. While being a lesbian is an extremely important and highly prioritized area of my life, its not my whole life but then i'm fortunate = married to a lovely woman for 19 years now and very happy. Your comments mirror some thoughts of my younger days. All i can really say to you is relax, be who you are and people are going to believe what they want to believe .... they always have, they always will. Its the lady in your arms who needs to believe you.. Have fun.

Post Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:24 pm 
LCB

I have told some people on the internet and so fa they have all believed me. Don't worry about it, just ignore them if they don't believe it.

Post Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:37 am 
calypso

When I first read about you and Francesca, I thought, Portia de Rossi? Oh, my God, she’s so glamorous! You were the last person in the world I thought was gay.

I’ve got to tell you, I had a hell of a time convincing people I was gay—which was so annoying! First of all, you live with the fear people might find out. Then you actually have the courage to tell people and they go, “I don’t think you are gay. No, no, that doesn’t seem right to me.” It’s enough to drive you crazy.

(Portia de Rossi in an interview talking about coming out http://www.advocate.com/currentstory1_w_ektid20037.asp)

That's it, that's what I mean!!...I really identify a lot with her in all what she says , even with her look..everything there,its so true!!

Post Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:09 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: