BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> Fantasy Fiction

Jade (Rough Chapter Two)

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Eiregirl

Jade (Rough Chapter Two)

Chapter Two

Willows village rested on a tree covered slope that overlooked Stillwater Lake. It was near dark when they entered the village. Willow turned to Jade and said with a bright smile, "Welcome to Clan Stillwater."
"Thank you, it looks nice . . . and peaceful.” Jade replied looking at the earthen lodges and shops scattered among the trees.
"Come on we'll see if we can find Wisp at her lodge.” Willow said as she began walking toward Wisps lodge that was nestled near the center of the village.
"Wisp is the healer you spoke of?" Jade asked questioningly as they walked toward the healers lodge.
"Yes, and she is also our clan leader as well as our matriarch.” Willow responded.
After knocking several times without an answer and calling Wisps name Willow turned to look around and saw someone walking toward them.
"I was hoping to avoid him.” Willow stated with a nod toward the figure approaching.
"Why?" Jade asked turning to look.
"That's Aspen. It seems every time I turn-around he's there."
"Willow! It's good to see you're back. How was your journey?" Aspen said as he neared them.
"It was fine. Aspen this is Emerald, Emerald this is Aspen.” Willow said introducing them.
"Greetings to you Emerald.” Aspen said giving Jade a curious look.
"Greetings.” Jade replied with a nod and a quick appraising glance that took in his muscular frame and long dark hair.
"Aspen have you seen Wisp?" Willow asked.
"She's at the pavilion watching the dance, I would walk there with you but I'm on night patrol until the full moon.” Aspen said.
"Thank you.” Willow said.
"It was nice meeting you Emerald.” Aspen said as he turned to leave.
"Nice meeting you as well.” Jade replied watching him walk away.
"Well my green-eyed friend let's find Wisp and see if we can make your head right.” Willow said with a smile.
Jade thought as she followed Willow toward the pavilion and wondered why Willow would consider her a friend. [She hardly knows me…and I don’t even know who I am]. The pavilion was a large open-sided structure that shaded tables covered with roasted meat and fresh fruit. They found Wisp sitting under a tree near the pavilion watching the dance. As they approached Wisp, Willow noticed that Jade had stopped and was watching the dancers.
"Emerald.” Willow said, but Jade was to entranced by the dance to hear. Willow walked over to Jade and tapped her on the shoulder.
"Emerald come on, Wisp is over here.” Willow told Jade.
"I – I'm sorry.” Jade replied following Willow with a glance back at the dancers.
"Matriarch Wisp.” Willow said respectfully as they approached the healer.
"Ah, Willow it is good to have you back, and who is this with you?" Wisp said with a slight smile. “Come on…sit down and tell me about your journey.”
"This is Emerald, Emerald this is Matriarch Wisp.” Willow said introducing them. Then fell a little to quiet for Wisp.
"You did not come to see me just to how things went or to introduce me to your friend, did you?" Wisp told Willow after exchanging the customary greetings with Jade.
"No matriarch, Emerald has a problem I thought you might be able to help her with.” Willow replied.
"Oh, and what might this problem be?" Wisp asked.
"She can't remember who she is or where she is from.” Willow answered.
Wisp looked at Willow with a slight smile thinking that Willow was pulling a prank on her but the smile quickly faded as she realized it was no joke.
"How did this happen child?" Wisp asked somewhat concerned. Jade was again intently watching the dancers.
"Emerald!" Willow said loudly getting Jades attention.
"The Matriarch is asking you a question.”
"I'm sorry Matriarch.” Jade said with an ashamed expression.
"It is quite alright, they are very good are they not?"
Wisp said glancing toward the dancers.
Jade looked back toward the dancers and replied softly as if she were in a dream, "Yes, they are."
"Would you like to join them?" Wisp asked and received an astonished look from Willow.
"I'm not sure I know how to dance like that.” Jade said as she watched the dance.
"Go ahead and give it a try.” Wisp told her with a smile, and watched as Jade joined in the dance.
"Now Willow tell me about your friend.” Wisp said and after not receiving a reply she looked up at Willow who was watching Jade in total amazement. Wisp looked at the dancers and was amazed herself at the grace and ease of which Jade was performing the intricate moves. She seemed to float across the ground. Wisp watched as the dance was performed with a gracefulness that would match any she had never seen before. When the dance was completed Wisp asked Willow in a soft low voice, "Did you say that your friend could not remember anything?"
"Yes, so she told me when I found her…not her name, where she is from or anything about her past.” Willow replied softly watching Jade walk toward them.
"You can not remember your name or where you are from?"
Wisp asked Jade as she sat down next to Willow nodding her head.
"Yes that is right.” Jade replied.
"Then can you tell me how you performed that dance as perfectly as you did?" Wisp asked with a quizzical look on her face.
"I don't know. I do not ever remember having done it before.” Jade replied.
"You don't know?" Wisp questioned.
"No – I don't.” Jade said in a tone that meant it was fact.
"Where did you find her?" Wisp asked Willow.
"About two days this side of the Sunset Mountains.” Willow answered.
"Do you have any idea why you can not remember anything?" Wisp asked Jade.
"No, I can't remember anything before I woke up in the cave.” Jade replied frustrated by what seemed to be a stupid question.
"There is something else.” Willow said then paused as she gathered her thoughts.
"Well spit it out.” Wisp said impatiently.
"On the way here from the cave I broke my leg and Emerald healed it with green magic.” Willow told Wisp who looked at Jade in disbelief.
"Are you saying that she,” Wisp said pointing at Jade, "Is a greenmage.”
"Yes, I believe she is.” Willow replied.
"Are you a greenmage?" Wisp asked Jade curiously. Jade thought for a moment before she replied.
"I don't know, Willow says I am."
Wisp sat silently, marveling at what she had just heard when a thought came to her.
"How do you know your name?" Wisp asked Jade without looking up.
"Willow gave me the name because of my eyes.” Jade answered.
"Your eyes?" Wisp said looking at Jade, and then she leaned over the table so she could get a closer look at Jades eyes in the near darkness.
"Yes, my eyes are green so Willow named me Emerald.” Jade replied and got a good look at Wisp, Who except for a few gray streaks in her hair and a slight wrinkle or two around the eyes, Jade would have guessed her to be Willows mother or older sister.
"My child you are one very rare Elf.” Wisp said amazed at what she was seeing.
"What do you mean?" Jade asked.
"If you truly are a greenmage, that alone would make you one of a kind in these woods; but, add your green eyes which are as common in these woods as a greenmage. That makes you very rare indeed.” Wisp replied.
"But can you help me?"
"I do not know, I have never seen an Elf with no memory."
"Tell her about the dreams you had.” Willow said as she nibbled on some fruit.
"Dreams?" Wisp asked in a curious tone of voice.
"Yes.” Jade said and went on to tell Wisp about the dreams she had on the way to Stillwater Lake. Jade stopped in the telling of her story only when Wisp asked her to repeat something or to describe it in more detail.
"I can not interpret your dreams any better than you or Willow have already done. However, as to your memory we will go back to my lodge and see what can be done about that.” Wisp said after listening to Jade.
"Willow.” Wisp said after rising to her feet, "Mist is here visiting Raven, will you go and ask him to come to my lodge?"
Jade followed Wisp in silence to her lodge where they waited for Willow and Mist to arrive. Wisps lodge was built into the side of a hill with the door facing toward the lake. The inside of the lodge was quaint. There was only one large room with a pillow bed, a shelf full of books, and a table with four chairs.
When Willow arrived with Mist, Wisp explained the situation to him.
"You have no idea how you lost your memory?" Mist asked Jade after hearing what Wisp had to say.
"No I don't.” Jade, told Mist who was now standing in front of her. He was slightly shorter than Jade and wearing a sleeveless brown tunic that showed his strong arms. His jaw was firm as he turned to speak to Willow, although his voice was light and easy to hear.
"You found her lying by a stream, is that right?" Mist asked Willow.
"Yes, and it was raining.” She replied.
"Was there any injuries.” He asked.
"The only thing I could find was a bump on her forehead.”
Willow said touching her head just above the hairline. Mist looked at Jades head.
"It seems to be completely healed.” Mist said.
"Is there anything that you can do to help me?" Jade asked.
Mist scratched his jaw for a moment in thought, then talked to Wisp silently before walking up to stand in front of Jade again.
"I would like you to sit down on the floor please.” Mist said and after Jade sat down Mist sat in front of her.
"I'm going to try something that will help me find out what has happened to you.” Mist explained as he placed a hand on each of Jades temples. As his hands began to glow a dark red, Mist stared into Jades eyes and totally relaxed. He was not prepared to see what was on the other side of those dark green eyes he stared into. After only a short moment he jerked his hands away and looked at Jade in disbelief.
"What is it?" Jade asked.
"I don't believe it.” Mist said turning to look at Wisp in disbelief.
"What did you find?" Wisp asked.
"There are two spirits in her."
"What? What do you mean?" A shocked Jade asked. Mist looked at Wisp who shook her head, then he looked back to Jade and told her, "There are two souls within you. I don't know of any way to help because I have never seen or heard of anything like this before, and anything we may do to help could cause more damage than good….”
“How did the other spirit get into her?” Willow asked. “and what are you talking about?
“ I do not know…" Mist was saying when a sweet but commanding voice cut him off.
"I placed the other spirit inside her.” The voice said.
They all looked around for who had spoken, when a bright many coloured glow appeared in the center of the room and a woman with long white hair wearing a green gown trimmed in gold stepped from it.
"Who are you?" Wisp asked as she slowly backed away.
"You do not know me?" The woman replied with a bright smile.
"It can't be.” Willow said not wanting to believe but wanting to believe what she was seeing.
She glanced at Willow her eyes sparkling as her lips showed a slight smile.
"You are the Earth Mother.” Willow said awe-struck.
"Yes, and she.” pointing to Jade, "was sent here by me on a task that must be completed."
"What task? And how am I supposed to do it if I cannot remember what it is let alone remember anything before I woke up in a cave?" Jade asked.
"That is why I have come Jade, when I placed the other spirit inside of you an accident happened…at a most inopportune time that caused you to lose your memories. Now I will return them to you…both.” The Earth Mother said as she gracefully walked across the floor to where Jade was still sitting. “If you will allow me to do so…will you?” Jade nodded slightly then she felt a soft warm hand touch her forehead.
A rush of memories filled Jades mind and if she had not been sitting down she would have fallen limp to the floor.
"How do you feel?" The Earth Mother asked a few moments later when Jade opened her eyes.
"Fine, thank you.” Jade replied after her head had cleared.
The Earth Mother looked into Jades eyes.
“Do you remember now?” She asked Jade.
Jade looked around the room slowly and nodded, “yes.”
"Very good, now I must go."
"Wait, my lady.” Jade said as she stood.
"Yes."
"The last time you left before telling me where I could find the stone.” Jade said.
"I cannot tell you where it is because it is hidden from me by a spell that Kerrah placed upon it. I knew when I made you promise to find it that you did not know were it was but I know that you have it in you to find it. There is something else you want to ask isn’t there?" The lady said knowingly.
"Yes, why me?" Jade asked with an expressionless face.
"Because you are of the same blood as the mage, and only one who is of the blood and not one of the soul, but two of the soul can touch the stone. You are one of the blood, and I made you two of the soul.” The Earth Mother replied in a soft even tone.
"So, That's why she's here.” Jade said pointing to her head indicating the other spirit within her.
"Yes.” was the only reply Jade was given.
"Who is she?" Jade asked taking a step forward, "I can feel her struggling to get out."
"Why don't you ask her? Now I must go."
"Wait, one more question.” Jade said, again stopping the lady from leaving.
"Very well, but make it quick.” The lady replied sharply.
"How are my parents?" Jade asked, not sure if she wanted to hear the answer.
"They are well. All the clans have joined and are holding the Anid at Shadow Lake, but Kerrah is preparing another army to attack the clans so you must hurry they will help you.” She said looking at Mist and Wisp, “but most importantly, you must find the Stone" The Lady said and was gone.
It was silent in the lodge for a long moment as Jade thought about what the Earth Mother had said, and the others marveled at what they had seen and heard.
"Wow! The Earth Mother herself.” Willow said, very excitedly, then with a curious look she asked Jade, "Emerald, what is this task you have to do?"
Jade walked over to the table where Willow was sitting, and was joined there by Mist and Wisp. She sat down and thought for a moment before telling them the task she had been given.
"The dreams had been of my clan being attacked. They were memories of a real attack that had taken place. A few days after the attack myself and others were sent to find any help that we could. I was sent east, and after several days the Lady appeared and told me that I would find the help I needed over the mountains. When I told her that there was no way to cross the mountains, She prepared a pass for me and gave me a task to perform. The Lady told me that I must find the Stone of Kerrah and destroy him with it.” Jade explained.
"You came from across the Sunset Mountains.” Wisp said with new understanding.
"Then you must be from what the legends call the Green Forest.” Willow said.
"Yes, and you are here in a place that my people thought was only legend.” Jade said.
"It seems that you need help.” Wisp stated.
"All that I can get."
"We will help all we can. We will be leaving for the clan gathering in a few days time, you are more than welcome to come with us and it would be much easier than traveling from clan to clan…besides they would not be at their clan homes anyway.” Wisp told Jade.
"Thank you I will.” Jade said, and then asked, "What about the Stone can you tell me anything about it?"
"All that I know of it is what is in our legends. Do you know anything about it Mist?" Wisp said, looking across the table at him.
"No more than what is in the legend.” Mist replied.
"Will you tell me the legend?" Jade asked.
"In the legend.” Mist began, "it is said that a mage brought most of his clan across the mountains. The legend says that he carried a stone of great power with him and he used its power to seal the only pass across the mountains once they were on this side. As to where the stone is now, no one knows because one day the mage went off alone and when he returned a few years later he did not have the stone with him. He had hidden the stone and never told anyone its location, and all the clans of this forest are descendants of his clan but none are descended from him."
"Was the mage named Alarian?" Jade asked.
"Yes, this forest was even named after him.” Mist replied, and then asked a question of his own, "Who are the Anid? Kerrah I have heard of, but the Anid I do not recall hearing of them in any of the stories."
"They are desert dwellers of whom Kerrah rules. Their mages are able to open gates to some other place or places that allow demons and evil beings to come through, but without Kerrah to rule them they would fight among themselves and we could easily keep them out of our forest. That is why I must find the stone.”
Jade replied.
"In our stories Alarian destroyed Kerrah.” Mist said.
"He had only put him in a deep sleep of which he has only recently awakened from.” Jade told him.
"I don't know how to help you find the stone.” Mist told Jade.
"Will there be anyone at the gathering who might know where
I could start looking for it?"
"I don't know, we will have to wait until the gathering to find out but it’s my guess that no one knows where Kerrah’s stone is" Mist answered.
Willow leaned back in her chair and said, “Didn’t the Earth Mother say that you had the ability to find the stone? I don’t think anyone alive knows where the stone you are seeking is and why doesn’t she just destroy this Kerrah herself?.”
“I am sure she has her reasons Willow and we will not know unless she blesses us with an answer.” Mist said.
“I think Willow is right, only you can find the stone.” Wisp said as she stood, "The Earth Mother called you Jade, is that your name?" Wisp asked.
"Yes, It is my true name.” Jade replied.
"You will always be Emerald.” Willow said with a smile.
"Jade, my clan does not number many, but we will help all we can.” Wisp said.
"As will mine.” Mist added.
"Thank you, I just hope that the other clans will be willing to help.” Jade said.
"Don't thank us.” Wisp said, "The way I see it, if we don't help then sooner or later Kerrah will come looking for his stone.”
"She is right.” Mist said in agreement.
Jade nodded and said softly and almost unheard, "without a doubt he will."
"It is well past dark.” Willow said standing, “and I have had enough for one day. Emerald you are welcome to stay at my lodge."
"Thank you.” Jade said standing, "and I thank all of you for your help."
Jade followed Willow to her lodge in silence. Once inside the lodge Willow walked to a table and lit a lantern, of which Jade looked at in amazement.
"It's a lantern.” Willow said, seeing the expression on
Jades face.
"A lantern.” Jade repeated, studying the object.
"Yes, I got it in Relenda; one of the human cities.” Willow told her.
"One of those where you were a thief?" Jade asked as she surveyed the one room lodge.
"Thief?! Me? I never said I was a thief. I said that I was a procurer of goods.” Willow said sounding hurt by the accusation.
"Well, you have a nice lodge.” Jade said, looking at the oak table and chairs. She spotted a pair of gold candlesticks each shaped in the form of a tree. Picking one up, she looked at it closely and saw the fine detail that had gone into its carving.
"Thank you.” Willow said; "you can put your bedroll over there.” She pointed to a corner of the room. There were a lot of questions she wanted to ask Jade, but she could tell that her new friend was tired so she decided to wait until morning to ask them. 'I saw the Earth Mother herself,' Willow thought with a smile as she watched Jade slip under a fur blanket.

XXXXXXXXXX

When Willow woke up the next morning, Jade was not in the lodge. After getting dressed she went to the pavilion to eat, and there she saw Jade sitting with Mist and Aspen. Willow took some fruit from a table and walked over to join them.
"How are you this morning Willow?” Aspen said as Willow sat down.
"Fine Aspen, and you.” Willow replied.
"I'm doing well, thank you.”
"Good morning Mist.” Mist replied with a nod since his mouth was full.
"Emerald you're up early this sunrise." Willow said.
"I enjoy watching the sunrise.” Jade replied with a smile.
"We were just telling Aspen why Jade has come here.” Mist said after he had finished chewing.
"We are trying to figure out how many scouts from your clans might help.” Jade added.
"Well.” Willow said with a thoughtful look, "I would think that once they know that the Earth Mother has sent you that most all would want to help, except maybe the nomadic clans near Spirit Lake."
"Why wouldn't they help?" Jade asked.
"For one thing they have not been to a gathering in about a thousand years, and another is that they have for the most part always kept to themselves. Even though it is said they are probably the best fighters you could ever find I would not waste time trying to find them." Aspen told her.
"But all the clans around Spirit Lake usually go along with Nightwind, so if you can get her help then you might be able to get most if not all of them to help.” Willow told Jade.
"Who is Nightwind and where can I find her?" Jade asked.
"She is the leader of the Redwood clan from Spirit Lake, and that's about all I know about her except that they say she has white hair.” Willow said.
"White hair?" Jade said with a curious look.
"They say it was not always white, but that one day when she went out hunting she had dark hair and light skin and when she came back it was as white as snow and her skin was tanned to a bronze color.” Willow told her.
"Does anyone know what happened?" Jade asked.
"Not that I know of, but some think that it's the Earth Mothers way of showing her disfavor.” Willow said.
“Do you believe that?” Jade asked.
“Now that I have seen the Earth Mother…no I don’t.”
"Will Nightwind be at the gathering?" Jade wanted to know.
"That is very doubtful.” Came the reply.
"So unless I go to Spirit Lake I will not get any help from the nomadic Elves.” Jade said aloud to herself.
"Even if you did go you would have to find them and they most likely would not help anyway." Mist said with such surety that Jade decided to leave the nomads alone for now not wanting to waste time…time she could not afford to waste.
"How many scouts could I take and leave enough to protect your forest and hunt for the clans?" Jade asked no one in particular.
"I'm just guessing, but I would say at least ten thousand but there is no precise number so I am only guessing" Aspen told her.
"That is more than I had hoped for.” Jade said, sounding somewhat relieved, then asked, "How long will it take us to get to the gathering?"
"We will be leaving in two days and it will take us about ten to get there.” Willow said.
"My clan and Wisps travel together. The rest of my clan will be here tomorrow, then we will leave the next day.” Mist told Jade as he stood up from the table and politely excused himself, saying that he was going to see what his daughter was doing.
While Jade watched Mist she heard Aspen ask Willow if she would like to watch him teach some of the children to shot a bow.
"No, I can't I'm going to show Emerald around the village, then we are going to see Wisp.” Willow replied.
Aspen looking a little disappointed got up and as he started to leave said, "Maybe you could stop by later, we will be there most of the day."
"We might stop by later.” Willow said with a slight smile.
"I had better not keep the children waiting. It was nice seeing you…Jade, Willow I hope to see you later.” Aspen said as he walked away with a smile.
"Bye Aspen.” Willow replied with a slight smile.
After Aspen was out of sight Jade looked across the table at Willow and said, "I think he really likes you."
"Who? Aspen?" Willow asked and received a nod from Jade.
"I know.” Willow told Jade then took a bite from her apple.
"Do you like him?"
"A little, he is nice but he just won't leave me alone.” Willow stated.
"That is probably because he likes you, after all it is quite obvious.” Jade informed Willow who then looked out across the pavilion as if in deep thought, she then looked back at Jade and said very seriously, "Maybe I don't want to be liked."
From Willows response Jade got the impression that it would be best to change the subject.
"You said something about showing me around the village."
"Yes.” Willow said then took the last bite from her apple before saying, "Would you like to see the crafters shops first?"
"It is your village, you lead the way.” Jade replied.
"Then the crafters it is.” Willow said as she got up from the table.
As they approached the first shop, Willow asked Jade if she wanted to go ahead and let everyone know who she was and why she was here.
"I don't know, I really have not thought about it.” Jade replied.
"You do know that every Elf here is going to be curious about who you are and where you came from, especially once they see your eyes.” Willow told Jade.
"I guess they should know, after all I did come here to ask their help and the faster word spreads the easier it may be to get that help.” Jade said after a moments thought.
"This is Maples shop, he is the best metal crafter in the village, and the biggest talker.” Willow said as they entered the shop.
Maple heard the two enter the shop and came out from the back of his shop where he had been melting some iron in the furnace. When he saw Willow the robust Elf smiled.
"Willow, it is good to see you made it back."
"Maple! It looks like you may have lost some of your waist.” Willow said with feigned shock.
"It must be from all the work you bring me. It keeps me in the furnace room to much.” Maple said patting his sweat soaked tunic and smiling even bigger.
"Maple this is my friend Emerald, she is from across the Sunset Mountains.” Willow said. Maple started to laugh as he thought Willow was about to tell him of a new adventure she had been a part of. But the serious look on her face stopped him, and then he looked at Jade and saw her eyes.
"You are serious, aren't you?" Maple asked, unable to look away from Jades eyes.
"Of course I'm serious.” Willow said as if he had implied otherwise. "She was sent here by the Earth Mother herself to get help to fight the Anid and someone called Kerrah."
"It is a pleasure to meet you.” Maple said still looking at Jade.
"Greetings to you as well, Maple.” Jade said staring him in the eyes.
“Did you say Kerrah?” Maple asked curiously, “please tell me all about it.”
Jade and Willow told Maple everything they knew and aside from the occasional question from Maple he listened intently and absorbed every word.
“That is astounding…and you are really from the Green Forest on the other side of the mountains?” Maple said and Jade nodded then Maple turned to Willow and said, “and you actually saw the Earth Mother…that is amazing…is she really as beautiful as you said?”
“My description barely chips the surface because to describe her justly would be impossible.” Willow replied then turned the conversation to other business.
"Maple, I have some candlesticks for you to melt. I will bring them by later.” Willow said getting to the real reason she had come into his shop.
"Candlesticks did you say?" Maple said looking away from Jade.
"Yes, I will bring them by later, same deal as always.”
Willow said as she took Jade by the hand and whispered, "We had better go now."
"What? I have not even looked at anything yet.” Jade replied as she followed her friend out of the shop.
"You can look later, because if we don't leave now we will be here all day answering his questions. Maple is one of the most talkative elves in the village and I would not be surprised if the whole village knows about you before we get halfway down the path.” Willow said after they were out of the shop.
By mid-morning Willow had shown Jade most of the village and decided to show her around the lake as well. Jade walked along beside Willow and felt as though she was being watched.
"Come on I'll show you around the lake, I know where there is a great place to go swimming.” Willow told Jade, and as they started toward the lake Jade noticed a few elves looking at her and pointing.
"It looks like the news is spreading.” Jade said as she followed Willow to the lake.
As they walked along the beach after their swim Willow saw an eagle diving down out of the sky. She pointed it out to Jade and they watched as it dove toward the water, and effortlessly caught a large fish in its talons then climbed back into the sky.
"I love watching them do that.” Willow said using her hands to show how the eagle had dove down to catch the fish.
"It was an amazing sight.” Jade said still watching the eagle fly away with its catch.
"I'm getting hungry, are you ready to go back to the village?" Willow asked as she gathered her cloths and dressed.

XXXXXXXXXX

"I feel like an oddity every Elf wants to look at.” Jade told Willow as they sat eating in the pavilion.
"Emerald, you are an oddity, at least here in this forest.”
Willow replied.
"Your right . . . here, I am an oddity.” Jade said suddenly feeling homesick.
"Jade, everyone is talking about you.” Wisp said as she stopped on her way by.
“We have noticed all the staring and pointing.” Willow said as she glanced over at Jade.
"I understand their curiosity matriarch.” Jade replied.
“They would need to know sooner or later anyway and the faster word spreads the better.” Wisp stated.
"We will talk more later I have some things I need to attend to.” Wisp said as she continues on her way.
"I've got to get those candlesticks to Maple, would you like to go with me?" Willow asked Jade as they watched Wisp leave.
"No I think I'll finish eating and do some thinking, but thank you for asking.” Jade replied.
Jade finished her meal and sat looking out over the lake and had this strange feeling that she was being watched. She looked around but saw no one watching her when she saw Aspen coming toward the pavilion with a group of children following behind him. With an impish idea forming in her mind she waved for him to join her. She watched as he said a few words to the children then started walking toward her table.
"Hello Jade, what can I do for you?" Aspen said as he sat down.
"I just wanted to talk to you for a moment, if you don't mind." Jade replied.
"I don't mind at all. What would you like to talk about?"
He said with a smile.
"Willow.” Jade said with a devious grin, and then laughed at his expression.

XXXXXXXXXX

After leaving Jade at the pavilion Willow stopped by her lodge for the candlesticks before going to Maples shop. After explaining to Maple what she wanted done with her part of the gold from the candlesticks she walked back to the pavilion were she saw Aspen sitting with Jade. As she approached the table she heard Aspen tell Jade that he would see her at the clearing.
“I will be there.” Jade said with a smile.
"Hi Willow.” Aspen said when he saw Willow walking up behind Jade.
"Hello.” Willow said as she sat down.
"Don't forget what you said.” Aspen told Jade as he got up to leave.
"I won't.” Jade replied.
"Forget what?" Willow asked after Aspen had left.
"He asked me if I wanted to watch the children practice tomorrow.” Jade replied.
"And you're going?
"Yes, I told him I would.” Jade, answered as she looked across the table at Willow, who seemed unconcerned that Aspen had asked her to watch the children practice.
"Why don't you come also?” Jade asked.
"I have something else I need to do.” Willow said looking at Jade, "but right now you need some new clothes."
"These are all that I have with me, and nothing of value to trade for more.” Jade replied, as she looked herself over.
"Come with me.” Willow said as she stood up and looked at Jade sitting in her tattered clothes, "I'll get them for you since you definitely need them."
They spent the rest of the day in the leather crafters and shoemaker shops waiting for Jades new clothes and shoes to be made. After leaving the shop Jade told Willow she was tired and went back to Willows lodge to sleep.
Willow however, said that she wanted to check on Maples progress with her gold before she went to bed.
As Jade slipped into her bed, she had an odd feeling that she was being watched. She looked around the room but saw nothing different than before, except for the missing candlesticks. As she lay down, she shook her head thinking that she was just being paranoid. A moment later she was asleep.

XXXXXXXXXX

Renee opened her eyes and looked around, slowly she sat up in the bed. It was dark, she reached out to turn on a light, but the nightstand was not there. Not finding the light Renee pushed the blanket back to get out of bed and felt fur brush across her skin. [I don't have a fur blanket,] she thought to herself. Although it was dark she could still make out the silhouettes of objects in the room. [Nothing is where it should be,] she was thinking when she heard the sound of someone opening a door.
Renee crouched down and waited for whoever it was to walk by. She heard the door creak slowly closed and saw the faint silhouette of a figure walking in her direction. As the figure neared her she leaped forward and sent a fist into its stomach, then as the figure doubled over in pain she brought her knee up to collide with its face. As the figure fell to the floor Renee asked in a commanding voice, "Who are you?"
"Emerald, Why are you doing this?" Renee heard a woman's voice say.
"I don't know who you think I am, but my name is not Emerald.” Renee said as she took a step toward the woman.
"Then who are you?"
"I asked you first.” Renee said as she took another step closer, which brought her within striking distance of a foot that hit her squarely in the stomach. As she staggered back from the blow she saw the woman jump to her feet and felt a fist smash into her mouth. As the woman took another swing at her she ducked beneath it and lunged at the woman knocking her down and pinning her to the floor.
"I am going to ask you again, who are you?" Renee said with the taste of blood in her mouth.
"Emerald, it's me Willow. Why are you doing this?" Renee heard the woman say in a confused voice.
"I am asking the questions not you, now tell me where I am.” Renee demanded.
"Jade.” Willow said remembering the name the Earth Mother had used in Wisps lodge the night before, "Why?"
"My name is not Emerald or Jade, now answer the question!" Renee said wanting to slap the woman across the face, but did not.
"You are in my lodge!" Renee heard the woman say between clenched teeth.
"How did I get here?"
"I found you unconscious and when you where able, we came here together.” Willow replied, and feeling the woman relax her grip a little, she slipped a hand free and threw the woman off her. As Willow got to her feet her opponent was already on hers and waiting when a glow appeared in the room between them.
"What in the hell is going-on here!" Renee exclaimed as a lady stepped from the light, "And who the hell are you.” Renee asked in an agitated tone of voice.
"I am called the Earth Mother.” The lady said as she stepped in front of Renee.
"I have got to be dreaming.” Renee said and began to relax a little.
"This is no dream.” The Earth Mother said seriously. Renee looked around at the room that was bathed in the light the lady had stepped from. Her head told her that this had to be a dream, but in her heart she somehow knew it was not and the pain she felt in her lip reinforced the idea.
"If this is not a dream then where am I?" Renee asked.
"You are in a place and time, on another world far from your own.” The Earth Mother told Renee, who took a hesitant step forward.
"How did I get here?" Renee demanded to know.
"A friend allowed me to bring you here."
"Who and Why?" Renee asked.
"Renee Runningwater I have been keeping track of your family for near ten thousand years.”
"You are not answering my question.” Renee said impatiently.
"If you will be patient you will receive your answer or at least what I am willing to tell you.” The lady said as she looked toward Willow who had taken a seat in a nearby corner and looked on with interest and awe, though one eye had started to swell and blood dripped from her nose. She then looked back at Renee and continued, "Thousands of years ago a mage of great power ruled over the desert dwelling Anid. He sealed a part of his power inside a ruby stone and gave it to one of his apprentices to use against the forest elves."
"Why did he not use the power himself?" Renee asked.
"Because he has no power inside the forest, but he found a way to allow another to use it, and he placed a spell upon the stone so that no Elf could touch it. But I found that an Elf of the blood but not of the spirit could not only touch the stone but could use it against Kerrah. At that time I was able to find only one Elf who was of the blood, and by placing a spirit within him that was compatible with his he was able to take the stone from Kerrahs apprentice. However he did not destroy Kerrah instead he placed him in a deep sleep of which he has now awakened from.
“What does this have to do with me?” Renee said interrupting the Earth Mother.
“The spirit of your ancestor, Cloud Dancer, was the spirit I placed in Alarian and you are the last living descendant of Cloud Dancer. Your spirit is the only one in the entire universe that is compatible with Jades, who is the great granddaughter of Alarian. So you see we need your help.” The Earth Mother explained.
"What if I don't want to help?" Renee asked as she crossed her arms.
"I cannot and will not force you to help, but if you don't many will die."
Renee thought about what the lady had said before replying, then in a low but serious voice she said, "I do not like the way you brought me here, and I do not like being locked away in another's body. But most of all you did not even bother to ask first."
"I am sorry I did not ask your permission, but I will try to make amends by offering you, for your help, anything that is within my power to give.” The Earth Mother said with sincerity.
"I'll think about it.” Renee said with a cold stare.
"May I ask you a question?"
"What do you want to know that you don't already know?" Renee said sarcastically.
"How did you get control of Jades body?" She asked.
Renee looked at her for a moment as if she was not going to answer, then with a smile she said, "Never mess with a shamans daughter." The Earth Mother, expecting Renee to elaborate further was disappointed when there was no further reply, and Renee knew she was and that pleased her.
"If that is all you are going to tell me then may I talk to Jade?"
"Why? So you can lock me away inside her head again, no thank you.” Renee said as she stared the lady in the eye.
"I will not put any restraints on you except to ask that you let Jade control her own body."
"I did not like forcing my way out, it made me feel dirty but I will not be locked away like that again.” Renee said flatly.
"I will make sure you are able to see and hear everything that is going-on around you, but right now I must talk to Jade.” The lady assured Renee.
"Okay, I will let you talk with her, but you had better not be trying to trick me.” Renee said with cold conviction then she closed her eyes and took a deep breath to relax.
Jade opened her eyes, and to her surprise she was standing in front of the Earth Mother who had a very disappointed look on her face.
"Earth Mother!" Jade said with a very astonished look.
"I told you to talk to her.” The lady told Jade.
"What do you mean? Talk to who?" Jade asked with her astonished look changing to one of confusion.
"You never talked to the spirit I placed in you. Now she may not help us stop Kerrah, and your friend has been hurt."
"Willow.” Jade said and quickly looked around the room to see Willow sitting in a corner watching them. Jade could see that one eye was swollen.
"What happened to her?" Jade asked.
"The spirit in you somehow got control of your body, and not knowing where she was or what had happened to her attacked your friend Willow.” The Earth Mother glanced over at Willow,
"She may have killed her if I had not came when I did.” Then she looked back to Jade and said, "You need to talk with the spirit and convince her to help us."
"I will try, Earth Mother.” Jade said sounding a little ashamed of herself but never looking away from the lady.
"No, you must convince her because without her help you can not get the stone. Do you understand?” The lady said in no uncertain terms.
"Yes, I understand.” Jade, said in a quit voice.
"When you have gathered your army you can start looking for the stone near Brightwater Lake, and that is all I was able to find out about its location.” The Earth Mother said as she took a step forward and placed a hand on Jades forehead, "Help your friend now, and do not forget what I have told you."
"Earth Mother, how did she get control of me?" Jade asked, as the lady turned to step back into the glow.
"She is a shamans daughter.” The Earth Mother replied, and that was the only answer Jade would receive before the glow was gone leaving the room in darkness.
Jade found a candle and lit it using her magic and then she went to Willow and knelt beside her.
"I'm sorry Willow.” Jade said with genuine sorrow.
"I know you did not mean for it to happen.” Willow replied as Jade placed a hand over her right eye. As Jades hand began to glow a faint green the swelling around Willows eye slowly disappeared.
"Thank you.” Willow told Jade.
"You don't have to thank me, after all it was my fault it happened.” Jade said as she sat beside Willow.
"No it's not your fault, it's her fault.” Willow said meaning that it was Renee's fault.
{Ask her what she would have done if she had found herself in a dark and strange place.} Jade heard someone say.
"Who said that?" Jade asked looking around.
"Said what?" Willow asked looking over at Jade.
{I'm Renee the spirit you are supposed to talk to, now if you don't mind, tell her what I said.} Renee spoke inside Jades head.
"She said that, how?" Willow said after Jade had told her what Renee said.
"I don't know exactly. I just know she can.” Jade replied unsure of how Renee was communicating with her.
{Tell Willow that I am sorry for what happened.} Renee said sincerely.
"She said that she is sorry about what happened.” Jade relayed the message.
"I would have probably done the same thing, so it’s okay.” Willow said.
"She heard you and says thanks."
{I have a name you know.} Renee told Jade.
"I know and I'm sorry for not using it.” Jade replied.
"Sorry for what?" Willow asked, a little confused by what
Jade said.
"I was talking to Renee.” Jade said and received a quizzical look from Willow.
"You know, that could get confusing.” Willow told Jade.
"What could?"
"Your talking to her at the same time you are talking to someone else.” Willow told Jade.
"How else am I supposed to talk to her?” Jade wanted to know.
"I don't know, but it is still confusing.” Willow replied.
{Why not just direct your thoughts to me instead of saying them.} Renee suggested.
"I'll try.” Jade said.
"Try what?" Willow said before realizing that Jade was not talking to her.
{Can you hear me?} Jade asked Renee.
{Yes}
{This is great, being able to talk to someone without anyone knowing what is being said.} Jade told Renee.
"It looks like your lip is starting to swell.” Willow said noticing the swelling in Jades lower lip.
{She packs a pretty good punch.} Renee said.
"It will be okay for know.” Jade said touching the swollen lip lightly, "I'll get Wisp to heal it tomorrow."
"That is something I never understood. You mages can heal others, but not yourselves.” Willow said thoughtfully.
"I don't understand it anymore than you, but that's the way it is.” Jade said.
"I'm feeling a little tired. I'll see you tomorrow.” Willow said with a yawn and went to her bed.
"Good-night.” Jade said as she to got up and walked to her bedroll and after blowing out the candle she sat thinking about what the Earth Mother had told her.
{Renee}
{What?} Renee replied in what Jade thought to be a soft but stern voice.
{Can you tell what I'm thinking all the time?} Jade asked.
{No, can you read my thoughts all the time?} Renee replied.
{No I can't.} Jade answered.
{Good, because at the moment you would not like them.}

XXXXXXXXXX

The next morning after leaving Wisps Jade went with Aspen to watch the young scouts practice in a clearing near the village. Once they were in the clearing Aspen showed Jade where the targets were that they used for archery practice.
"We have twenty targets in all. There are five at twenty paces, five at sixty paces, five at one hundred paces, and over there.” Aspen said and pointed to five more targets hanging from five trees, "are the targets we use as moving targets. Okay you know the routine, one per target and change targets every ten shots.” Aspen told the children.
Jade moved to a nearby shade to sit and watch as Aspen moved from one child to the next pointing out what they were doing wrong.
{Some of them are very good.} Jade flinched in surprise as she heard Renee's voice in her head.
{Renee?} Jade asked.
{Who else would it be?} Renee said with no reply from
Jade.
{Jade?} Renee said in a soft tone of voice.
{What?} Jade replied.
{What would you do if you were me?} She asked Jade.
{What do you mean?} Jade replied.
{Lets say you are me, and that you have been taken from your home and placed inside someone else on an entirely different world where you have no family or friends, what would you do?}
Renee said, and waited for Jades answer.
{To tell you the truth, I don't know what I would do.}
Jade told Renee, then after a moments thought she added, {I know that I would be angry at them for taking me from my home and that I would be a little frightened at being in a strange place.}
{But what if they had taken you because they needed your help?} Renee interjected.
{I think that at first I would refuse to help, but I'm not one to turn away from those in need, therefore I would most likely end up helping them.} Jade replied.
{What if there was the possibility that if you stayed to help you might not be able to ever go home?} Renee asked.
Jade knew that Renee had been asking her these questions while trying to make up her own mind as to whether or not she was going to help or demand to be sent back to her own home, but for this last question she had no honest answer.
{I can't answer that one right now Renee, because at the moment I don't know what I would do.} Jade said as she thought how terrifying it would be to spend the rest of her life inside another's body on some other world where she had no family or friends.
{Thank you.} Renee said.
{For what?} Jade asked.
{Your honesty.}
{I don't think I could be anything but honest with you.}
Jade said as she thought back over the days since she had crossed the mountains, when suddenly she believed she knew who Renee was. With sudden realization she knew that the feelings she had of being watched was because of Renee and the dreams had been a mixture of there’s.
{Can I ask you a question?} Jade asked Renee.
{Of course you can, besides I could not stop you if I wanted to.} Renee replied.
{Several days ago I had a dream about a woman sitting on a stump near a stream when an old man came up to her and said, "It's time to go Renee", are you that Renee?}
{Yes, about ten years ago my parents died in a car accident. Me and my grandfather would go to my fathers favorite fishing spot every year and just sit for awhile, that is until he died a couple of years ago then I stopped going.} Renee told Jade sadly.
{I'm sorry about your parents and your grandfather.} Jade said.
{Thank you.} Renee replied then asked Jade if she had had any other dreams.
{I also had one about my village being attacked and about being sent to find help, and one where I or you, or maybe both of us were standing in front of a funny looking mirror.}
{I had the same dreams.} Jade heard Renee say as Aspen walked up to her.
{I think they were all of things that actually happened.} Jade said.
{That was your village that was attacked wasn’t it?} Renee asked.
{Yes…it was.} Jade replied.
"What do you think? Will any of them make good scouts?"
Aspen said with a smile.
"I think they will make fine scouts.” Jade replied.
"They are fast learners.” Aspen said as he sat down in the shade.
"Have you thought about what I said yesterday?" Jade asked him.
"Yes, and I hope it works.” Aspen said with a sigh.
"I think it will.” Jade told him with assurance.
"I hope so, I really hope so.” Aspen said wistfully.
They sat quietly for a while then Aspen asked Jade if she would like to try a few shots at one of the moving targets.
"Sure, I could always use the practice.” Jade replied. Aspen handed Jade a bow and quiver of arrows then he went and set one of the targets into motion. Aspen watched as Jade notched an arrow and took aim and fired ten arrows in rapid succession. He could not believe his eyes as the shafts hit the target, each hitting the center.
"I have seen many archers shoot as well as you before but never as fast. How did you do it?" Aspen said after he had walked back from the target shaking his head.
"Earth magic, after all Aspen you must remember I am a mage.” Jade said with a smile.

XXXXXXXXXX

All morning long Willow had been in Maples shop watching as he formed the gold from the candleholders into strands of wire. After forming the wire Maple then cut it into short lengths to make links in a necklace. The necklace would hold a pendant shaped like an eagle with a fish in its talons.
"How much longer, Maple.” Willow asked impatiently.
"I should be finished by highsun, I still have to make the earrings.” Maple replied as he continued making the necklace.
A while later Maple laid the eagle shaped earrings next to the necklace and matching pendant for Willow to inspect.
"You do beautiful work Maple, simply beautiful.” Willow said as she looked at the jewelry.
"Thank you. Is there anything else you would like me to make for you?” Maple said with a smile.
"No, not right now.” Willow said as she picked up the necklace and earrings, "Thanks again Maple.” she said as she left the shop.
Willow went to the pavilion after leaving Maples shop where she took a table that overlooked the lake. Willow was halfway through a fresh apple when she saw Jade walking toward her.
"Where's Aspen?" Willow asked after Jade had sat down.
"I'm sorry, what did you say?" Jade asked not sure as to what Willow had said.
"Never mind.” Willow said when she saw Aspen sitting with Mist and his daughter.
"Aspen is a good teacher, some of those young scouts of his are very good.” Jade said glancing up from her plate at Willow who was looking in the direction of Mists table.
"Yes he is a good teacher.” Willow said as she turned to look toward the lake.
"He seems to have a lot of patience.” Jade said.
"What is it you keep looking at?" She asked Willow knowing that Willow was looking in the direction where Aspen was sitting.
"Nothing, just looking around.” Willow replied innocently and quickly looked toward the lake when she saw Aspen stand up.
"He's gone you can turn back around now.” Jade said after
Aspen walked by.
"Who?" Willow said pretending not to know who Jade was referring to.
"Aspen, he just walked by."
"So.” Willow replied with a shrug.
"So, you were expecting him to stop.” Jade said with a knowing smile.
"I was not.” Willow said pretending to be offended.
"Alright.” Jade said with a smile and dropped the subject for now, not wanting to upset her new friend, too much.
{What are you doing? Playing matchmaker?} Renee asked
Jade.
{Yes, and I think my plan just might be working.} Jade replied.
{If nothing else you sure got her in an uproar.} Renee told Jade.
{Tomorrow, step two.} Jade said to Renee.
{Step two?} Renee questioned.
{You mean you are sitting inside my head and you don't know what I have planned?} Jade asked conveying a sense of surprise.
{Remember I only know the thoughts you want me to know. Now fill me in.} Renee said wanting to know what Jade was planning.
{I'll have to remember that.} Jade said.
{Well, are you going to tell me or not?} Renee asked.
{Maybe later.} Jade replied thinking that she could have some fun with Renee by keeping her in the dark about her plan for a little while.
"Here comes Mist.” Jade heard Willow say.
"Hello Mist, would you like to join us?" Jade said when Mist stopped at their table.
"No, but thank you for asking. I just wanted you to meet my daughter Raven.” Mist said indicating the lady standing next to him.
"It is a pleasure to meet you Raven.” Jade said with a smile.
"It is nice to meet you also. Is it true that you are from the other side of the mountains?" Raven asked with interest.
"Now Raven don't bother her with a lot of questions.” Mist told his daughter.
"That's okay, I'll answer her question.” Jade told Mist, then looked up at Raven and told her that she was indeed from the other side of the mountains.
“What is it like there.” Raven asked.
“It’s much the same as here…the trees, rivers, lakes and springs.” Jade replied.
“Tell me all about it.” Raven said as she sat down to listen.
Jade sat telling stories of her home, family and friends and a small crowd began to gather to listen to story after story until Wisp told them they needed to prepare to leave for the gathering and could hear more stories later.
“Come on Raven I will walk you back to your shop.” Mist said after thanking Jade for the stories.
"It was nice meeting you Jade.” Raven said following he father.
"It was nice meeting you to.” Jade replied as she watched them leave.
"What kind of shop does Raven have?" Jade asked Willow after they were gone.
"It's a woodcarvers shop, and Raven is one of the best.” Willow replied.
"I might go by her shop and see some of her carvings.” Jade said with an idea forming in her mind.
"I think I'll go for a swim, would you like to come?" Willow asked as she got up from the table.
"Yes, but I have something I want to do first. If you're going to the same place as before I'll meet you there later.” Jade said as her idea began to take shape.
"I am going to the same place, but I can wait if you want me to.” Willow replied.
"No you go ahead and I'll meet you there.” Jade said with a smile.
"Alright, I'll see you in a little while then.” Willow said as she walked away.

XXXXXXXXXX

Jade made it to Ravens shop after a small child to showed her where it was. As she walked into the shop and saw the carvings that filled the room, she knew that the Elf who did the work was a true master.
"Do you like it?" Jade heard a voice behind her say and turned to see Raven standing there.
"Yes, it is very good it looks almost real.” Jade said looking back at the carving of a wolf, "If you put this out in the woods I could easily mistake it for a real one."
"Thank you.” Raven said as she moved to stand next to Jade.
"Willow was right, you are one of the best.” Jade said as she looked at some of the other carvings in the room.
"Thank you again.” Raven said with pride, "Is there anything I can do for you."
"Yes, there is something I would like you to make for me if you don't mind.” Jade replied with a mischievous grin.
"What is it you want me to do?” Raven replied and by the look on Jades face she hoped that she would not be sorry she had asked.
Jade explained to Raven what she wanted in great detail. As Jade explained what she wanted, Raven took some charcoal and drew a picture of it on a piece of rawhide.
"Is this what you want?" Raven asked after she had completed the drawing.
"Yes, that is it exactly.” Jade replied after seeing the picture, "how long will it take you to carve it?"
"About ten days, maybe a little longer.” Raven replied after thinking for a moment.
"What would you like in trade for the carving?" Jade asked in hopes she had something Raven would accept.
"For you I will do it for nothing.” Raven replied delighted that Jade had asked for her help.
"Let me give you something anyway.” Jade said as she dug into a hidden pocket in her belt pouch, and pulled out three stones that sparkled even in the faint light of the shop.
"Those are beautiful, where did you get them?" Raven said as she picked one of them up.
"I found them near Crystal Lake."
"Crystal Lake?" Raven asked, curious.
"It's a lake in the Green Forest.” Jade replied, "You can have them for the carving."
"Thank you, and I'll try to have it finished before we get to the gathering.” Raven said as she admired the stones.

XXXXXXXXXX

Jade walked out of the trees and onto the beach. She saw that Willow was intently looking at something she was holding in her hand. When Jade called out to her, Willow quickly hid the object under the pile of clothes that lay next to her.
"What was that?" Jade asked as she sat down on the sand next to Willow.
"Nothing much.” Willow said acting as though it was nothing.
{So you think she likes Aspen.} Renee said continuing the conversation she was having with Jade on the way to the lake.
{Like I told you, I think she does but she will not admit it.}
{If your plan does not work out the way you want it to, don't blame me.} Renee said nonchalantly.
"Come on Jade hurry up!" Willow yelled as she ran down the beach and dove into the water.
"I'm right behind you.” Jade said as she hurried to get out of her clothes.

After swimming for a while they sat on the beach and watched the sun cast an orange glow across the sky. To Jade the sight brought back memories of her home and the nightly walks along the beaches of Clearwater Lake with a cool breeze blowing across her face and through her hair.
"We need to get back to the village. Mists clan will be there soon.” Willow said, but Jade was so entranced by the memories of home that she did not hear.
"Jade!"
"What is it?” Jade said as her mind snapped back to the present.
"What were you thinking about?" Willow asked.
"Home.” Jade said fondly, "I was thinking of walking along the beach near my village, listening to the birds sing, and….” Jade stopped as she thought of her mate who had died fighting the Anid.
"And what?" Willow asked softly, seeing the expression of sadness on Jades face.
"Nothing.” Jade said quickly, "We should go it's starting to get dark." Jade said as she looked at the sky that was fading from orange to purple.
"Yes we should, Mists clan will be here soon.” Willow said not wanting to press the matter.
As they walked back to the village Jades thoughts kept drifting back to her home. To relieve her homesickness Jade casually asked Willow what she thought about Aspen.
"Why do you ask?" Willow said surprised by the question, and wondering if Jade might be interested in Aspen.
"I was just wondering what you thought of him.” Jade replied innocently.
"He is a good scout, probably the best in the forest and he seems nice enough, but sometimes he bothers me.” Willow replied.
"What do you mean he bothers you?" Jade asked.
"Like I have said before he always seems to be there when I turn around. That's enough about him.” Willow said not wanting to admit, even to herself, what she really thought about Aspen.
{See, I told you she didn't like him much.} Renee told Jade.
{Oh shut up, she likes him and you know it as well as I do.} Jade replied sharply.

XXXXXXXXXX

On her way back to Willows lodge Jade saw Raven loading a cart decided and asked if she needed any help.
"I see you are about ready to go to the gathering.” Jade said as she approached Raven.
"Hello Jade.” Raven said with a smile.
"Do you need any help?" Jade asked.
"If you don't mind.” Raven said, grateful for the help.
Jade helped Raven finish loading her cart then they sat talking for a while before Mist walked up.
“Hello Jade, Raven I thought I would let you know I just got word that the clan will be arriving soon. I’m going to let Wisp know.” Then he continued on his way toward Wisps lodge.
“I am going to go down and get something to eat would you like to join me?” Raven asked.
“Yes I could eat a little.” Jade said as she stood up.
{She is a good wood worker.} Renee told Jade on the way from Ravens shop to the pavilion.
{Yes she is very good.} Jade agreed.

XXXXXXXXXX

Jade laid on her bedroll trying to sleep, but all she could think about was her family and she wondered if she would ever see them again.
{Jade do you have a family?} Renee asked in what seemed to Jade to be a soft voice in her head.
{Of course I do. I have parents and a brother.} Jade replied.
{I already know that. What I meant was do you have a husband and kids?} Renee asked rephrasing the question.
{Is a husband the same thing as a mate?} Jade asked unsure what a husband was.
{Yes}
{No…not anymore. My mate died shortly before I left and I do not have any children.} Jade replied sadly having purposefully put it out of her mind.
{I'm very sorry.} Renee said quietly.
{What about you? Do you have a mate and children?} Jade asked after a short silence.
{No, I never could find a man to suit me.} Renee said.
{Why?}
{I don't know. I guess I just didn't look hard enough and I don’t like men.}
Renee replied.
{Well maybe someone will find you.} Jade said and could have sworn she heard Renee laugh. Then after a few moments
Renee broke into Jades thoughts again.
{Jade.} Renee said in a quiet tone.
{What?} Jade responded.
{I'm scared that we won't be able to stop this Kerrah.}
Renee said, admitting her fear.
{So am I.} Jade replied in the same quiet tone, {so am I.} Then it occurred to her and she asked Renee, {you have decided to stay?}
{I could not do otherwise and live with myself.} Renee replied.
{Thank you.}

Post Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Allison

Oh baby, you have me hooked. More please Wink

Alli

Post Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:34 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Khaleesi
Moderators

wonderful story eire, i always did love those green eyed elves....lol

slaveofMistress

Never start a row in public when it can be settled politely in private. ~My Father~

Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:46 am 
Allison

Looks at calendar. It has been two whole days now. Time for part three yet? Hmmm purdy please?

Alli

Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:52 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Mdm Prez

Jade

I've come back for more, still loving it, you're so good.

Cat

Post Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:06 am 
Eiregirl

quote:
Originally posted by Allison:
Oh baby, you have me hooked. More please Wink

Alli

Allison,

It is on the way...

Hugs and many thanks

Eiregirl Arrow

Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:03 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Eiregirl

quote:
Originally posted by slaveofMistress:
wonderful story eire, i always did love those green eyed elves....lol

slaveofMistress

Hugs mistress tight mmmmm thank you so much for this very kind reply Smile Smile

Eiregirl Arrow

Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:04 am 
Eiregirl

quote:
Originally posted by Allison:
Looks at calendar. It has been two whole days now. Time for part three yet? Hmmm purdy please?

Alli

OK OK...Posting it now Rolling Eyes ...even though it is still a little rougher than I want

Hugs the ever persistent Allison
Eiregirl Arrow

Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:09 am 
Eiregirl

Re: Jade

quote:
Originally posted by Mdm Prez:
I've come back for more, still loving it, you're so good.

Cat

Embarassed Thank you Mdm

Hugs,
Eiregirl Arrow

Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:10 am 

Very Happy

Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:03 pm 
desert-fish

elves!

interesting twist eire...a bit like multiple personality disorder...but in a different context...
it's a good plot so far...
pale heads for chapter three Very Happy

Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:08 pm 
Eiregirl

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous:
Very Happy

Thank you Guest

Eiregirl Arrow

Post Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:38 pm 
Eiregirl

Re: elves!

quote:
Originally posted by pale mirage:
interesting twist eire...a bit like multiple personality disorder...but in a different context...
it's a good plot so far...
pale heads for chapter three Very Happy

Pale,

Thank you Very Happy

Eiregirl Arrow

Post Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:43 pm 
cupcakes

so, if willow were to sleep with renee, this would be some kinky threesome and jade's body would totally get used?
teeheehee.

anyways...i have more questions:
if Renee is in Jade's body...who's looking after Renee's body? is she sleeping...in a coma? and what if she needs to go poo-poo?

and also where does the earth mother sleep? does she have a house?

AND do you think Jade would appreciate a nutella and fluff sandwich on toast? and if not, what is her favourite sandwich?

yours truly,
cUppY!
with much love.
and hugs too.
peeheeeheee! Arrow
::giggles uncontrollably::

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:58 pm 
Eiregirl

quote:
Originally posted by cupcakes:
so, if willow were to sleep with renee, this would be some kinky threesome and jade's body would totally get used?
teeheehee.

anyways...i have more questions:
if Renee is in Jade's body...who's looking after Renee's body? is she sleeping...in a coma? and what if she needs to go poo-poo?

and also where does the earth mother sleep? does she have a house?

AND do you think Jade would appreciate a nutella and fluff sandwich on toast? and if not, what is her favourite sandwich?

yours truly,
cUppY!
with much love.
and hugs too.
peeheeeheee! Arrow
::giggles uncontrollably::

Cuppy,

Some very nice questions

I think you just want to jump in and make it a kinky foursome Smile

What has happened to Renee's body will be explained later when she will have to make a decision.

The Earth Mothers house is the world itself and she can pretty mush sleep anywhere she wants.

Jades favorite sandwhich is a peanut butter and berry jelly.

Hugs,
Eiregirl Arrow

Post Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:03 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: