BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> Help tips and Forum Issues

How do I submit a pic?

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
ConfusedInLove

How do I submit a pic?

Hi Melons, I am new to this and I was 2ongering how to submit a pic. Thanks for your help. Very Happy

Post Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
ConfusedInLove

wondering

the word was wondering.my nails got in the way. sorry

Post Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Tigger
Site Admin

Very Happy Hi welcome to Melswebs

Sorry Mel is laid up at the moment so you will havr to put up with Mel's little helper.

Here goes I hope you understand this ...Images can indeed be shown in your posts. However, there is no facility at present for uploading images directly to this board. Therefore you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.some-unknown-place.net/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor to images stored behind authentication mechanisms such as Hotmail or Yahoo mailboxes, password-protected sites, etc. To display the image use either the BBCode [img] tag or appropriate HTML .

If you need any more help ...just shout.

Tigs Cool

Post Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:16 pm 
Phoenix
Moderators

I tried to add an image using the code, played with spacing, but nothing is working. Can you spell it out for me please? I did

[img]http://image_url[/img] (alt+p) and i tried it without the (alt+p)

Thanks,

brat

Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:50 pm 
Phoenix
Moderators

Hmmm, now my html is off and i don't know why since i chose to allow it in my sign up page.

Can you help me Mels?

Temps_brat

Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:56 pm 
melons
Site Admin

Hi Temps Very Happy ...well it appears to be working fine. Click the Img button at the top of the post you are making, then enter the url to the image such as http://www.melswebs.com/images/firstpage1.gif then click the Img button again. So the text should look like this (img)http://www.melswebs.com/images/firstpage1.gif(/img) only with square brackets [] and not round brackets () around the image tags.....but make sure the images are only your own because I don't want to get into any copyright issues with anyone... Wink

Hope that helps,

Mel Cool

Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:00 pm 
Phoenix
Moderators

it's a picture of my two friends who were killed jan 2. I know the picture owner would not mind as it is a tribute and bringing more awareness of the senseless loss of two of FLorida's greatest assets... and that is not being melodramatic.

Thanks brat

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:33 am 
melons
Site Admin

Hi (((((((((Temps)))))))),

I'm sorry to hear of your recent loss, you are welcome to add the picture to the gallery or on the boards...

luv'n'stuff,

Mel x

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:42 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: