BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> Help tips and Forum Issues

Uncool PM from "coolcool & Unicorn"

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
chame70

Uncool PM from "coolcool & Unicorn"

Ladies,
I have received what I consider a very "Uncool" private message from "coolcool &/or Unicorn" asking me to join her site.
It was obvious that she didn't ask Mel or Tigs if she could spam our PM's to build up her site.
Also, keep in mind that we really don't know who these characters are and in registering, you would be giving a lot of information you may not really want to divulge to the whole world!
This is what she wrote:
To: chame70
Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:57 am
Subject: Personal invitation
Please join my forum http:XXXXXXXXXXX & participate in many activities & competetions, i really need lots of poets there because it's new.
click here to register ------ http:xxxxxxxxxx & be a member today & post as many poems as possible
Hope to see you soon
God bless all that is good
Regards
Unicorn

This was my reply:
To: coolcool
Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:51 pm
Subject: Re: Personal invitation
Sorry, I decline. This is pretty "UNCOOL"
Its sneaky, underhanded and sucks.
Mel, Tigs and the rest have worked their asses off to make this place and you think you can just stroll in and undermine our community.
F**k off
chame

Post Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:00 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
melons
Site Admin

(((((((((chame))))))))) Smile thanks for the loyalty to the site, me and Tigs....

as for your post.....I couldn't have phrased it better!

Thanks hun, much appreciated.

luv'n'kisses,

Mel xox

P.S. For those of you loyal to mels, a (((((((((((BBBIIIIIGGGGG Hug))))))))

Oh by the way, coolcool and Unicorn ...I think it may be illegal to SPAM like this with unsolicited invitations (particularly under European law), and I think you peeved Tigs so much she is going to investigate further. Despite not sending the invitation to me, you slipped up when you invited Tigs and all the women loyal to the site who PM'd me......I've never seen my PM inbox so full!!

In effect, you used our resources and our server bandwidth for your spam actions and that IS illegal because we didn't give you permission to do so and we are the ones footing the bill, not you. We also have clear rules that say no SPAMMING!

Its funny, we have never had to SPAM anyone to increase our membership numbers nor to increase search engine rankings. We have used the normal, accepted routes and worked hard to provide a free, successful community.

Perhaps I am stuffy and stick to etiquette when I can, but at least I know I attempt to maintain the integrity of this site for the welfare of the women.

Post Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:43 pm 
Tigger
Site Admin

coolcool & Unicorn

If you could have seen the number of hours that Mel and the moderators have worked on this site you would not have spammed it,

I have sent a message to your hosting company and still intend to take the matter further.

Tigs

Post Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:47 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: