BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> Healing Hands

Dad

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
melons
Site Admin

Dad

My dad has had dreams which come true too!!

One of which was about an air disaster at the Farnham or Farnborough (I never remember the name properly) air show in the early 1960's. He had a dream that their would be a disaster and which area it would be in and had an argument with his brother about where the family should sit. My dad won and the air disaster happened on the opposite side from where they were sitting!

Well, My mum has told me that my dad has had many more similar dreams and that apparently his grandmother (my great grandmother did too.

So perhaps my dreams are more than just pure coincidence or fanciful thinking and fitting my dreams to incidents of near fit, perhaps they are really psychic dreams and this has been passed through our family.

Anyway, my dad has never really spoken to me about such things as he does not think they should be talked about.

In January of 2000 my father suffered a brain haemorrhage and according to the neurologists he should have died or been in a vegetative state for ever because the haemorrhage was massive and on the brain stem itself. Apparently the majority of people with this die instantly.

Not my dad though!

He hung on and hung on. I remember using all my own 'psychic' thoughts to try to heal him. To pull him through. I was left physically drained, so intense were my thoughts for healing.

Well, my dad stayed alive and, much to the amazement of the doctors and neurologists he was not vegetative. He was able to converse, although slowly and was still numerate and coherent!

When I visited my dad in the hospital he spoke of his dreams for the very first time ever to me. His words were 'I know you have dreams too and I know you were with me.'

I was excited that he was talking to me about this and replied 'I have many dreams which come true.'

His answer and the termination of the subject was 'I know.'

So, like I said, does a form of psychic ability exist in my family? And, my dad should have died or been unable to communicate or move, did my healing thoughts and energy actually pass to him to help?

I do not know the answers, I wish I did.

My father recovered sufficiently to be able to drive a car again.

The End

Post Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:35 pm 
Phoenix
Moderators

Hi Melons

I know this is a very old post, but since it is my field of work, I thought I would share some, hoping it's ok.

I too have dreamt of future things all my life, some tragic, some everyday stuff. Being open to the astral or spiritual plane is something everyone can do, but for some it has just happened all their life.

I will share one example with you. While in boarding school at age 17, my family lived in Saudi Arabia so i went to this school, I had a reoccurring dream for about mmmm ten day I would guess. I experienced everything first hand in the dream. I was at a hotel in town, an area we girls were not allowed to go, and I was in a room. I could see my blonde hair, and this guy in the room. He violently attacked and raped me in the dream. I escaped and was running and running as hard as I could, but I was limping so terribly. Well, after the tenth day of having this nightmare, I called my parents in Arabia and told them about it. I told them I was not leaving the school at all that week, for it felt so close to happening. The only other thing that scared me was my dorm had a very similar red carpet, and I was worried that somehow that was where it was going to happen.

That night I heard a commotion and saw my friend Amy coming up the stairs, winded and flushed. I knew immediately she was the girl in my dream. I took her to my room and put a blanket around her, and told the girls to get Mrs James whom I knew had rape counseling experience. Amy was in shock and when I told her I knew she looked at me. I gave her some details and she knew I knew everything. The reason I was limping in the dream was because Amy had lost her leg in a car accident when she was 6 years old and wore a false leg, but limped.

I have had many other dreams and some I have used to my advantage to not get into trouble. Avoiding certain places and people. Knowing a conversation from beginning to end when I had never personally met the person before is another common thing I have happen, some call that deja vu, but it is more than that.

As far as healing, once someone is open to the spiritual realm or astral as I call it, they can more easily develop higher skills of healing and energetics. I use my gift now in reading my clients energy, healing soul and spirit wounds as well as physical ailments. I opened a day spa a few years ago and we focus on both the physical and spiritual healing of our clients. Visualizing the person whole, helping them touch those wounds deep inside to release the pain associated with it are all part of that healing. You did very well with your father. I hope you continue to practice the healing side of your abilities.

Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:45 pm 
melons
Site Admin

Hi there Temps Smile

yes, this did happen a while ago, but like you, I have been aware of intuitively knowing things before they happen, or of dreaming them (sometimes quite clearly) before they happen. As for any healing ability, I do try to use it to help family and friends, like when one of my daughters had a really bad tummy ache and was crying, I placed my hand on her tummy and she fell into a relaxed sleep within 30 seconds or so (a very small example, I know....but my other daughter won't let me place my hands on her tummy at nighttime, because (in her words) it makes her fall asleep too quickly because they get so hot lol. The heat seems to be a reoccurring theme that others tell me about, they say they feel the most intense heat from my hands, not like any normal hand heat.

Then of course, as you say, deja vue is common for many, but like you, I can recall entire situations before they happen (in life) and even know full conversations and what others will say before they say it (not all the time, I might add though, I have to be feeling relaxed and stress-free lol). Other stories of mine are on here too....not all of them, I don't often write them up but maybe I should.

My g/f broke her ankle and had pins and plates fitted (before I met her), after a year or more of pain, I placed my hand on it and the swelling went down and she was in less pain, her comment was that my hand was incredibly hot, but I don't feel the heat funnily enough....

oh well, I'm glad you don't think I am strange Smile.... I thought no one answered these posts because they thought I was weird or something lol

Anyway, its great to chat to you about it..

Kindest regards,

Mel xo

Post Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:59 pm 
Phoenix
Moderators

Hi Mel,

The energy you speak of many call Chi, and it is common amongst healers. Those who choose often focus on Reiki, I am attuned in Reiki;however, I do my own form of energetics and healing.

Many people do not understand metaphysics and are interested, but do not know where or how to talk about it. Everyone is able to heal, but most do not understand the way to access that power within themselves.

I love to talk about this stuff so if you ever want to chat or do some experiments online let me know. I have enjoyed working with a lot of women and believe we all have something to share with one another.

Bright Blessings,

brat

Post Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:39 am 
nataliet

What a wonderful gift! How does one go about attuning to this energy or force? I would guess a relaxed state of mind would help. Does one have to be in a quiet environment? My hands are often very cold, so that can't be a good thing as heat seems to be a big part of your gift. I'm not asking for a grand explanation, but if you could give a pointer or two I'd love to try. Anyway, I'm glad you two have this marvelous thing. I would think if it worked on small scale things it could work on large scale things, too- like mending attitudes of people with irreconcilible differences. I mean- in the metaphysical realm is there a difference between heavy and light or to be precise, is there a difference between the doable and the not doable? Thanks and may you live forever, Nataliet

Post Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:18 pm 
Phoenix
Moderators

Hello Nataliet,

It is an ability all people have. With Reiki, it is a simple attunement by someone who is already attuned. Most go to a Reiki Master, and the Master part is not about being an expert, but about having been attuned to level 3. I have been attuned in Reiki and use it along with my other energetic methods.

Affecting another's will / attitude can be tricky. We all have the right to feel as we do, and it can be an ethical dilema to go about manipulating those energies. That being said, it can be done. I have gone so far as to do a working / energetics to stop someone from using their gift / ability to take advantage of others. I didn't so much change her attitude, but made her life pretty miserable. I put an energy vortex in her home / business, surrounded her with energetic mirrors so all she sent back came right back to her, thus if she did harmful things, her own energy came back on her. I also put wards up in astral around her and plagued her thoughts with her worst fears. Ok, is it nice? No. Was it effective? Yes, within a month she had to close her business, sell her house and move out of town.

If someone is a very negative person, lives in fear, is depressed etc, and you want to help them, you have to go to the root of the problem. Send them healing for their heart, mind and soul. Don't take it into yourself, just open to Goddess/ universal energy and ask for healing in what this person needs. Focus on Divine love, send it and trust that it is working. Some people like to be miserable. They don't want to get out of their "rut". In those cases, it is almost hopeless, but no completely. In something like that, focus on them seeing a better, happier way to live and be a more fulfilled person.

Cold hands means poor circulation. It is often a refection of stress and being in a sympathic mode of operation, that is the survival mode. It affects digestion, circulation, sleep, eating, mood. Breathing exercises can reset your system to be para-sympathetic or relaxed, thus correcting those physical problems.... not a cureall... always check with your doctor for other issues. To reset your system, sit quiety for 5 minutes, breath in deeply to the count of 4 through your mouth, hold for 7 counts, and exhale through your nose to the count of 8. Do this a minimum of 4 times and max of 8 times. After 8 times, it won't have any more effect. Then, if you want to continue a breathing exercise, try 4 fold breathing. In through mouth to the count of 4, hold for 4, exhale through nose for 4, and hold (don't breath), then start again. You can do this indefinately. It will put you in an alpha brain wave and can go down to Delta. Imagine your feet sending roots out into the earth, and connecting with the earth energy.... drawing it up your feet, legs, pelvis, stomach,chest,throat,head and out the top cascading back around you into the earth creating a loop. This is called grounding and centering. You may feel tingly, light headed, floating, and at the same time hands getting hot and arms feeling heavy.

Focus on the breath, feeling it, connecting with your spirit, and God/dess within. Do this for 20 minutes 2 times a day for a month and tell me of the changes. When you are finished with the meditation time, re-ground yourself by tapping your feet, rubbing your hands, drink some water, eat a little something. DO NOT >>> DO NOT... just get up and get moving without doing this... you will be loopy, get headaches, feel ill, just off.... Don't drive anywhere until you are back to normal. BREATH slowly and calmly.... sometimes you will have many emotions come up that you don't understand. In the spiritual realm, much is going on. You open to your higher spiritual self, and sometimes deep issues are being worked on..... you may feel sad, angry, overly happy, sensual, blissful... and of course peaceful often. I hope this helps.

Have a great day!

brat

Post Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:07 am 
Toots

This isn't exactly in the Healing Hands category, but there seems to be a lively interchange here - so here goes.

I see death on people's faces, and I frequently dream individual's deaths. For example, my Father died when he was only 38; I was 15 at the time. I dreamed his death AND his funeral in graphic detail when I was 12.

My Grandmother was only 70 years old and apparently in no ill health. I dropped by her house late one Thanksgiving evening and stayed to talk awhile. For just a moment when we were talking, I saw on her face that she would die soon. I dismissed it. She had a stroke that Saturday evening and was dead by early Monday morning.

There are other instances, but these are the best examples. I don't really wonder why - I accept that the Universe has me well in hand and knows what I am about. All I have to do is work as honestly as I can toward the ends I believe I am supposed to. That is why I have a conscience and this gift.

Post Sat May 13, 2006 5:34 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: