BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> Spiritual Intervention

Father in Law

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
melons
Site Admin

Father in Law

After marrying my partner and moving into our home; I had a very strange experience which I can only describe as 'something was there which I could not see.'

My partner was a haulage contractor (lorry driver for those of you who didn't understand) and was often away from the house for long periods, but had always managed to return for night fall.

On one occasion my partner called me to say they were stuck in snow (the diesel had frozen). This was the first time I was going to be in the house on my own at night...ever.

This didn't phase me, I am not prone to being scared of the dark at all, although I am superstitious and can jump when there are strange, unexpected noises...just like the next person.

Well, I wasn't too worried, after all, we had a very large Alsatian cross at that time. For the purposes of this story the dog was called Hank the Tank (remember, I don't like to reveal too many personal details on the internet, for obvious reasons!!).

Well, that night I went to bed and turned all the lights off everywhere. I cannot abide lights on when I am in bed trying to sleep. So even if I am scared I will still always turn the lights off.

I leapt into our bed and pulled the covers up tight around my neck (kind of like to ward of vampires...*smiling atcha*).

At some point in the night I can remember being fitful in my sleep and I awoke suddenly. The landing light had been switched on.

Now, as I was the only person in the house and Hank the Tank was a dog shut in the kitchen downstairs, I did wonder how the light turned on!
I got up and turned the light back off again, a walk to the light switch of about 15 feet, so I could not have leant from my bed to turn it on in my sleep (just in case you were wondering that one!).

I leapt back into bed and covered up again. It took me a little while to get back off to sleep, but I did eventually manage it, only to waken again about 30 minutes later.

The landing light had been switched on again....

I became a little jittery. How come the light was coming on again, its not like the switch was easy to switch (i.e. it was not loose, it needed a hefty push to change it).

I got up and turned it off again.

This happened 4 times during the night and on the final go I could hear footsteps in the front bedroom. It sounded like the footsteps were 'pacing' up and down in front of the window. I am certain the creaking floorboards were not a figment of my imagination and I am sure I was not dreaming.

I was scared.

I wanted to check the bedroom, but was scared to. So I did the next best thing and ran downstairs to the safety of Hank the Tank.

I took him upstairs and opened the bedroom door. Guess what.......

Hank the Tank would not enter the bedroom, he just sat down and cried at the doorway. When I opened the door I had a waft of scented roses and then a waft of beer. I looked into the room and nothing was in there, but the room was chilly. Still, Hank just sat there crying.

If I tell you I slammed the door shut and ran downstairs with hank the tank close on my heels, to sleep the rest of the night in the living room with the dog, would you believe me? That is exactly what I did do, after first turning on every light I could find!

I told my partner of this incident later and they were unconcerned and told me some things which I had no previous knowledge of.

One...my partners' father had been cremated and his request that his ashes be scattered was carried out. They were scattered in the rose garden outside his favourite watering hole.

Two...he was a drinker of 'Gold Label' beer, a strong beer and he would have several a night at his local.

Three....he bought the dog just before he died telling his wife that the dog would look after her and watch out for her.

My partner was unconcerned with what I told him, it was no surprise to him. His comment was 'It's just dad watching over you.'

So.....this has to be too coincidental to ignore...surely!

What do you think?

I have never had to sleep in the house alone again so I cannot tell if he would come to 'watch over me' for a second time. Maybe I should put it to the test!

The End

See also 'Wall markings'

Post Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:30 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: