BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> Other

The Lottery of Life

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
nataliet

The Lottery of Life

I am prone to depression. When I'm in its grip I try to find the thoughts that lighten me. The following does this for me. I should not have been born, not because I don't deserve to be alive, rather the odds of me being born were stacked heavily against me. My mother had 30 (roughly) child-bearing years, which translates into her having 360 total eggs in her body (one each month for thirty years). My father had millions of sperm and who knows where they all went or when they went. Of all his sperm there was but one which combined with only one of my mother's eggs would in the end turn into me. Any other combination of sperm and egg would have led to someone else. So, in the Lottery of Life, I won. I am. What did I win? The one that is me was born into a spaceship we call a body. It is kind of controlled by me. I can go pretty much anywhere I want, anywhere that feet can carry me. I can walk on roads and paths, up mountains or down to the sea. I can ride in planes and ships and cars. I am very free to go where I please. Further, I have been born into a timemachine. My timemachine began at my birth and while it is somewhat limited because it can only carry me through the time from my birth to my fate in the forward arrow of time, it does provide me with a period of time I can call my own. And even more, I was not born a male. I was born female and lesbian. What more can I have asked for? So, when I get on my pity pot and feel low and near worthless, I think of what I do have and what I have been given and this usually makes me feel better, not the best, but better. Deserve life? I don't know the answer to that, but I have been blessed with life and it is my duty to try to do something with it. The something I do doesn't have to be a great and powerful thing, it justs needs to be something I'm not ashamed of, something that at the end I am glad I did. I hope this thought cheers someone else besides me. I love you all and when you next feel bad think you could have been born a man! Yuk! Nataliet

Post Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:34 pm 
Eiregirl

Exclamation

Post Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:21 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Purp

I can identify with the depression, and I am glad you are who you are. Exclamation

Post Thu May 29, 2008 5:59 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: