BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> Premonitions

Stranded Ferry

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
melons
Site Admin

Stranded Ferry

Ok, well like most of my dreams which come true, this one was no exception, there was a 'freeze-frame' image imprinted on my mind. I woke up really startled with my heart absolutely pounding, and had a lot of sweat on me (yuck, I know *wink*). I actually am not normally a very sweaty person, but when these 'freeze-frame' images wake me I tend to wake extremely agitated and very, very sweaty (kind of like dripping wet!).

Another thing with a lot of these dreams is that they often happen on the night preceding the day when the event of my dream happens (did that make sense?).

On this particular night (I don't know the exact date, although I could probably find out if I had too) the freeze-frame image came after what I can only remember as a hazy kind of 'nightmarish' dream. About water initially then this became clear as the sea. I remember a raging storm and a boat of some sort. I also remember walking and my feet being very, very heavy...like they were stuck or sticking to something. I remember high winds and high waves. But I also remember waves breaking and rolling..like when waves break against the shore.

Other things I remember are lights...a few lights in the distance, lights on the ship. I remember rolling and feeling sea sick, with the boat listing to one side. Then I remember cars on the boat too and came to the conclusion in my mind that it must be a ferry. I can remember dreaming and thinking this is a ferry.

When I woke up, the 'freeze-frame' image was that of a vessel listed to one side in adverse weather conditions (strong wind and rain and high waves). It was also night time.

Sweaty and agitated, I was anxious that it was a ferry about to sink or which had sunk. I don't know, but I was anxious and upset by it and it took quite a long time for my heartbeat to settle down again and for me to feel calmer. I remember the dream as so very real and like I was actually there and living it. I think you must know the type of dream I mean!

Well, I eventually managed to get back to sleep and when I woke up the first thing I remembered was the image and then the dream.

I told my husband that I had had another strange dream and that it was about a ferry in stormy seas at night and that it was listing and caught on something under the water. I felt this was right from my dream because the boat was listing to one side but no longer rolling at one stage and if you take the high winds and strong seas you would have expected the boat to be rolling from side to side. The fact it was only listing to one side with no other movement led me to the conclusion that it was stuck on rocks or some such.

Well.....and this is the utmost truth, my husband listened to me and said there had not been anything in the news over the last few weeks to do with ferry disasters and so it could not have been triggered by anything I had read or seen previously. So he did not write it off as just a bad dream. He knows me, you see. He knows my dreams can be uncannily accurate and, as he says, rather spooky.

He reached over to the television remote control and turned it on. He habitually likes to watch the news and, failing the news, sports (like most men, I suppose).

What we watched on the news was creepy. For here we were, lying in bed watching the TV and there on the news was a report about a ferry, stranded in the English/French channel. A Report that in bad weather (stormy weather) with high winds and tides a ferry had run aground on a sand bank.

So, you tell me again....what are the chances of me dreaming about a ferry (considering this is the only dream about a ferry I have ever had in my life!) it running aground, at night, in stormy conditions, on the very night it happens!!!

Coincidence? or something more?

Who knows...but it is kind of intriguing and interesting...don't you think?

The End

Post Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:39 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: