BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> Lesbian Love Stories

Sideways Complete 1/2/11
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Allison

Sideways Complete 1/2/11

One

Alicia Dukes stood in the center of her corner office window and watched as the company car pulled up next to her high rise building. Today was the day of final interviews with five candidates to fill the three new positions her firm had allocated. She had reviewed the videos of all the candidates numerous times since the initial interviews and had her selection narrowed down to two candidates. Three men and two women had the opportunity to advance their careers by being selected to join Dukes, Barrows and Collins, one of the premier law firms in Atlanta. Alicia was looking for her protégé. She had worked her way into a partnership in ten years and was ready to find and mentor her replacement.

Alicia was disappointed by the interview of one of her choices. Ken Jones was fresh out of Georgia Tech and had some strong political connections. Alicia felt the young man had potential, but she was concerned he lacked the motivation to live up to his ambition. He was being interviewed by several of the firm’s junior lawyers and she had lost interest after twenty minutes.

Her glimmer of hope rested on the shoulders of Devin Freeman. Freeman, a native of Philadelphia and a graduate of Yale had two years of experience at a prominent firm in Philly and came with glowing references. Alicia watched as the driver opened the back door and a young woman dressed in a charcoal grey suit emerged into the bright Atlanta sun and covered her eyes with dark shades.

Alicia’s eyes followed a confident stride into the doorway and smiled as she turned away from her window. She watched on her video monitor as the young woman stepped from the elevator and was greeted by one of the staff conducting the interview and ushered into a large conference room. Alicia reached down and turned the audio button until she could hear the interview being conducted.

She could feel the smile growing on her face as she listened to the competent answers flowing from Ms. Freeman’s mouth in response to the questions being presented to her. She had found her protégé. Alicia left her office and made her way to the conference room.

The room fell silent as she entered and walked over to one of the staff conducting the interview her eyes locking with a pair of cool grey eyes accentuated by the dark color of the highly tailored grey suit. “John, please bring Ms. Freeman to my office when you finish,” she said, never breaking the eye contact.

Devin’s heart raced in her chest. Alicia Dukes was one of the most powerful female lawyers in the South and it was her dream to be mentored by someone of her stature.

“I sure will Mrs. Dukes,” John said as she turned to leave the room. “Do you have any questions for us, Ms. Freeman?” she heard him ask.

Alicia closed the door behind her and walked back to freshen up in the private restroom just off her office. A quick brush of her hair and a spray of perfume on her neck would just do the trick. She smirked at the image staring back from the mirror as she noticed a few grey hairs starting to flank her temples. “Maybe a little premature, but you have earned them,” she spoke to the mirror and spun on her heels.

She had just returned to her desk when a gentle knock was made on her door. “Come in,” she said.

A spritely grey haired woman entered the room with a huge smile. “Ms. Freeman is here to see you, ma’am.”

“Thanks Bev, will you show her in?” Alicia asked.

“Of course ma’am,” Bev said and left the room, returning a moment later, followed by the young lawyer.

Alicia offered her hand in introduction. “Alicia Dukes, would you please have a seat.”

Devin took the soft hand offered and said, “Devin Freeman.”

Alicia sat behind her desk as Devin took a seat opposite. “Your resume and references are impressive, Ms. Freeman, but tell me why do you want to work with our firm?”

Devin steeled her voice and answered. “To work with the woman who was the first to top her class at Harvard and scored a near perfect mark on the bar exam,” she boldly stated. She was thankful she had done her homework on Alicia Dukes before the first interview.

“Your experience in Philly is mostly real estate law, why are you interested in corporate law?” Alicia asked.

“To be honest, I found real estate to be too mundane and it did not challenge me to grow. I expect that corporate law is ever changing and will give me more opportunity for growth.”

“Do you aspire to become a partner?”

“One day, if I can perform up to your standards, Mrs. Dukes,” Devin answered.

Confident, ambitious and attractive, Alicia thought. With time and experience she could see this woman rising to the top.

“How do you feel about moving to Atlanta?”

Devin smiled, “The moving truck arrives in two days.”

Alicia raised an eyebrow at her response. “Are you that confident of your abilities?” she asked and waited for a response.

Devin took a breath and looked Alicia directly in the eye. “I have two other interviews set up, but this is the position I want.”

Alicia stood and reached across her desk. “Cancel them then and be back here at eight tomorrow morning to meet with Human Resources. Welcome aboard.”

Devin smiled brightly as she reached for Alicia’s hand. “You won’t be disappointed.”

“I know I won’t. Come see me tomorrow after you finish with all the paperwork.”

“Yes ma’am and thank you for the opportunity,” Devin said.

“Don’t thank me until you see the pile of work waiting for you,” Alicia said.

“I look forward to it,” Devin said and turned to leave. “Until tomorrow,” she said and with another brilliant smile, left the office.

She walked past a vacant office next to Alicia’s and noted a stack of files on the conference table. Devin wondered if that would be her office, so close to one of the partner’s. She rode the elevator down to the first floor and was met by Ronald her driver.

“Where to ma’am?” he asked as he held the door for her.

“To the best BMW dealership in town, Ronald,” she answered.

“Congratulations Miss,” he said with a smile.

“I didn’t need a car in Philly with the transit system they had, but I’m ready to buy to be less dependent on public transportation.”

“Smart move Miss and you will be putting in some long hours your first couple of years I’m sure.”

“More the reason to go ahead and reward myself then,” Devin said with a chuckle.

A few minutes later, Ronald pulled the car into the dealership. “Would you like me to wait Miss?”

“No, today I drive out of here,” Devin said, as she wrote the name of the dealership onto the check she had written.

“Enjoy your new ride then Miss,” he said as he watched her stride into the dealership.

Devin had spent a few hours the previous night researching the model and color she wanted and was excited to see the exact car sitting on the showroom floor.

Within five steps into the showroom, a salesman approached her. “Good afternoon Miss, my name is Joseph, how may I help you?”

“I want that car,” she said, pointing at the sky blue Z4 she had drooled over for nearly a year. “And this is what I am going to pay for it,” Devin said, as she handed the salesman the check.

The man was speechless.

“Well, do we have a deal?”

“Let me run this past my manager,” he stammered, leaving Devin in the middle of the showroom floor.

Devin walked over and opened the car door to slip behind the wheel. The smell of the tan leather seats welcomed her and she allowed her fingers to trace the braided leather wrap on the steering wheel. The car had more bells and whistles than the model she had researched online and she wondered if the manager would accept her offer.

She would get her answer a few minutes later as the manager walked across the showroom holding her check.

“Good afternoon, Ms. Freeman,” he said. “I’m Harry Lewis, the owner and general manager.”

“Pleasure to meet you Mr. Lewis,” she answered.

“I notice this check is drafted off a bank in Philadelphia and to be honest it is several thousand less than what this model sells for,” he said.

“I have just moved and taken a job in Atlanta, so I haven’t had a chance to open a bank account yet,” she explained.

“Where will you be working?”

“I will be working for Dukes, Barrows and Collins,” she said.

“Ah, did Alicia send you?” he asked.

“She did mention your dealership,” Devin said telling a little white lie.

“That shouldn’t surprise me, seeing that she has the same model in black.”

Devin smiled at the comment.

The manager scratched his head as he looked at her check. “It’s not often people walk in and hand us a check, but let me confirm your employment and if Alicia gives you the nod you will be good to go.”

Joseph had stood behind his boss during this exchange. “Joseph will you start the paperwork for Ms. Freeman please?”

“Yes boss,” Joseph said.

“I will be right back,” Lewis said and walked back to his office. He picked up his phone and dialed a familiar number. “Hello, Bev, is Alicia available?”

“Hey Harry,” Alicia said, when she picked up the phone.

“Alicia, I had the darnedest thing just happen to me.”

“What’s that?”

“I have a rather attractive young woman in my showroom that came in and handed one of my salesmen a check for a new Z4 and she says she works for you.”

“Is it a good deal for her?” Alicia asked.

“She’s at rock bottom price,” he answered.

“Sell Ms. Freeman the car Harry,” Alicia said. “It will bring you return business, I promise.”

“Understood, Alicia, I just need to verify her employment.”

“She is my latest protégé,” Alicia answered.

Harry chuckled. “If she attacks law like she does buying a new car, I’d say you have a good one on your hands then.”

“I would have to agree with you on that Harry.”

“I will ensure she gets the best of service,” Harry said and ended the call.

Alicia replaced the phone in its cradle, a smile growing on her face.

Twenty minutes later Devin drove away from the dealership, amazed that they had actually taken her initial offer. At a red light she keyed in the address of the flat she had placed on down payment on into the GPS and as the sun was starting to set she drove to her new home.

Last edited by Allison on Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:45 pm; edited 29 times in total

Post Sat May 01, 2010 10:33 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Allison

TWO

Devin turned into the parking space that she would soon be occupying everyday and reached into her briefcase for a set of keys. She hit the security button on the key fob and walked quickly to the door of her building. She pushed open the outer door and climbed the small stairway to her flat. She twisted the key in the lock and opened the front door and reached for the light.

Hard wood floors gleamed in the light as she pushed the door closed behind her. Devin punched in the code to the security system and walked across the floor to a beautiful stone fireplace. There would be little need for wood, but Devin would take advantage of the gas system installed as a back up in the very near future. The gas system would add to the ambiance of the wide open floor plan that led onto a large balcony with a glorious view of the city.

Devin climbed the stairs to the loft bedroom and visually planned the arrangement of her bedroom furniture to take advantage of the oversized arched windows on the eastern side of the room. That should give her an excellent view of the sun rising in the mornings. She walked into the master bath, the oversized garden tub the center of the room. Devin would surround it with candles for relaxing baths to help her sleep after a long, grueling day at the office. The stand alone shower with double heads would revitalize her and get her ready to meet each new morning.

She walked back downstairs to the kitchen with the built in wine rack and made a mental note to pick up some wine to celebrate her new home. Devin would check out of the hotel in the morning and after she finished at the firm she would stop off for a few blankets, a pillow, towels and paper goods that would allow her to stay at the flat. She would also pick up a few groceries to hold her over until she could do proper shopping over the weekend.

When she left the flat, Devin’s stomach reminded her that she hadn’t eaten all day. As she drove back to the hotel she passed the Varsity Grill and whipped the car around in a U-turn to experience one of Atlanta’s landmarks. After a huge bacon cheeseburger, a bag of fries and her first sweet tea she drove back to the hotel.

She settled on her outfit for tomorrow and took a long shower before settling down in front of her laptop.

Alicia arrived at her home to find the house empty and the answering machine flashing with a message. She walked to the kitchen and poured a glass of wine and turned on the machine.

“Hey Honey, I will be late tonight. I will be at the office late preparing for a trip to Oakland. The boss wants me to fly out for a week so I will be leaving tomorrow. I picked up the cleaning today and will pack tomorrow morning. Don’t wait up.”

Alicia had married Barry Dukes just after she graduated and returned to Atlanta. The marriage was one more of convenience to join two of Atlanta’s most influential families. In the beginning, they were able to maintain the pretense of being in love, but after six months they had agreed to separate bedrooms. Barry discretely carried on with his affairs and Alicia was relieved that she would not be called upon to perform wifely duties. There was never anyone serious enough for Barry to ask for a divorce for, so they carried on the pretense of a marriage.

Alicia felt the cavern of emptiness in her heart that should be filled with love, but did her best to fill her life with work and forget about the longing she had for someone in her life. The dedication had paid off and now as a partner she had time to reflect on what had been missing from her life. With a deep sigh, she pushed the erase button on the machine and walked up the stairs to her room. She placed the wine glass on her bedside table and went to the bathroom to draw a bath. Candles were lit and she retrieved her wine glass before stripping out of her clothing and sinking into a tub filled with bubbles.

She rested her head on the back of the tub and allowed her body to be caressed by the warm water while her senses breathed in the scented candles surrounding her. Her weariness drained from her body leaving her content and relaxed. She stepped from the tub as the water began to cool and wrapped her body in a thick terry robe. Her wine long gone, she contemplated another glass and a bite to eat, but chose instead to sink into the comfort of her bed. She dropped her robe and slipped naked between the fresh sheets and reached to turn off the light. In the darkness of the room, the silence surrounded her confirming just how alone she was.
There was no houseful of children or even a loving husband to share her life with, just a bottle of wine and a hot bath.

Alicia had chosen this path for her life and would have to deal with the loneliness or admit their mistake and come to the conclusion their lives would be better after a divorce. Then at least Barry could have his affairs in the open and she might find her way to love again.

She closed her eyes and her thoughts drifted back to Devin. She was young, smart and very attractive and if she was not careful she would allow her ambition to succeed to bring her down the same path Alicia was travelling. Alicia swore to herself that she would not allow her young protégé to follow I those footsteps if at all possible. Success in the career meant little if there was no on to share it with at the end of the day. Alicia rolled onto her side and hugged an oversized pillow into her body as a tear slid silently down her cheek.

Devin closed her laptop and walked to the large picture window and looked across the city she would now call home. Her Grandma had moved here two years ago after Devin’s parents had passed and had been encouraging Devin to move down in the sunny south to escape the snow storms and miserable winters. She would give Gran a call and drop in for a visit after getting settled into the flat. Oh how surprised she was going to be to find out her only living relative was now only miles away.

Devin had intentionally kept the news of her move from her Gran to spare her the anxiety of moving and finding a job. She turned from the window and called for a wake up that would allow her plenty of time to make it to the firm by eight. She slipped between the cool sheets and soon drifted into a dream filled sleep.

Post Sun May 02, 2010 9:10 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
PipSqueak

Great start Alli, I was so excited to see a new story of yours appear! Yay! *puts coffee on & settles down on sofa before the rest of the gang arrive....*

Post Sun May 02, 2010 9:23 pm 
Allison

Thanks Purp. I had thought poeple had forgot how to comment. 102 reads and no post LOL Guess we will just have to get them primed again Wink More to come soon I hope.

Alli

Post Sun May 02, 2010 10:13 pm 
girlwithguitar4447

Ooooh... I am excited too! *plops down on couch next to purple and accepts a cup of coffee* And hey I brought some snacks to hold us over til everyone else joins us!

Post Sun May 02, 2010 10:17 pm 
Outdoors65

I'm such a slow reader, I'll slow GWG and Purp down if I join them on the couch. Waiting patiently for the next installment to read at my snail's pace...

Enjoying the beginnings of yet another Alli story! Smile

Post Mon May 03, 2010 12:59 am 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

How happy was I to finally stop being the one writing and go back to being the reader of another of Alli's amazing stories.

Joins Purp and Gigi on the couch, ..... hmm did someone say snacks?

HugZ, MG

Post Mon May 03, 2010 9:08 am 
Xora

Awesome start keep going Very Happy
From the Queen of England to the hounds of hell

Post Mon May 03, 2010 4:59 pm 
Allison

Thanks ladies. Glad you are enjoying so far!!

Alli

Post Mon May 03, 2010 10:56 pm 
Allison

THREE

Devin woke earlier than expected and called to the front desk to cancel her wake up call. She packed her small bag and placed her laptop back into the case before heading off to the shower. The black suit and blood red blouse she had chosen for the day were hung in the closet awaiting her shower. The hot water felt good on her skin and as she bathed she was surprised to find that her stomach was growling with hunger pangs. She would dress and go downstairs for breakfast before packing her bags in the car and checking out.

She stepped from the shower and wrapped the towel around her waist as she dried her hair and brushed her teeth. Her dark, wavy hair fell to shoulder length. Inspecting her image in the mirror, she contemplated a trim before starting to work at the firm. She wanted to make the best impression she could on her new boss and mentor. Devin sprayed perfume on her neck and quickly dressed.

Downstairs she ordered a hearty breakfast of eggs, bacon, wheat toast and a bowl of fresh fruit with apple juice and coffee. When it arrived she quickly devoured the meal, surprised at her hunger after such a big meal the night before.

Back in her room, she brushed her teeth and then loaded her bags into the car. As she walked inside to settle her account, she heard the rumbling of thunder in the distance. She sent a silent prayer to the heavens for the rain to hold off until she made it safely inside the firm and made a mental note to buy an umbrella. She returned to the car and drove as quickly as she could to the office, arriving exceptionally early. The building was open and she was asked to sign in by a security guard she had failed to notice on the previous days visit.

“Thank you ma’am,” the guard said and pointed her to the elevator.

“Could you direct me to Human Resources?”

“Take the elevator to the sixth floor and take a right when you get off ma’am,” he said.

“Thank you.”

“My pleasure ma’am.”

Alicia also woke early and after a quick shower made a cup of coffee and headed to the office. She had heard Barry arrive home about two and was certain he was still sleeping as she left the house. Her stomach reminded her of her missed dinner and she pulled into a local bakery for fresh pastries, nibbling on one as she sipped her coffee. It was still early so traffic was light and she made it to the office just as the first drops of rain began to fall. She pulled into the covered garage to park and carried her pastries inside.

“Good morning, Henry,” she said greeting the guard.

“Morning to you, Mrs. Duke, it looks like you just beat the rain.”

“Just barely,” Alicia said, as she sat her box of pastries down to sign in. “Are you hungry Henry?”

“I could eat a snack,” Henry admitted.

“Help yourself to a pastry then, fresh from the oven.”

“Thank you ma’am,” he said as he took one from the box.

“I see Ms. Freeman has already signed in,” she noted.

“Aye, she came in about ten minutes ago and headed up to the sixth floor already,” Henry said.

“Eager to get started I see,” Alicia said aloud.

“She looked very excited,” Henry said, handing her the box of pastries.

Alicia walked to the elevator and rode it to the sixth floor. Her office was one floor higher, but she would stop off to check on Ms. Freeman and offer her a pastry. As the elevator opened, Alicia saw her pacing the floor in the waiting area.

“No one at home in Human Resources yet?” she asked when Ms. Freeman noticed her arrival.

“No ma’am, but I arrived earlier than scheduled.”

“So come upstairs and have a chat, until they get here,” Alicia said.

“Yes ma’am,” Devin said and followed her back into the elevator.

They rode the remaining floor in silence and when the door opened they could hear Bev humming to herself as she flipped through some files.

“Good morning Bev,” Alicia said.

“Good morning Mrs. Dukes and Ms. Freeman,” Bev said.

“May I get you some fresh coffee?” Bev asked.

“Yes please,” Alicia answered.

Bev looked at Devin. “Cream and sugar for me please,” she said when she realized the woman was waiting on her.

“Help yourself to a fresh pastry and bring me one please,” Alicia said as she handed the box to Bev. “Would you care for one?”

“Thanks, but I had a huge breakfast before checking out this morning.”

“Very well, come with me then,” she said and turned toward her office. “This is yours,” she said waving at the office next to hers.

Devin smiled as she had hoped that would end up being her office.

“Will you be ready to start on Monday?” Alicia asked.

“I will be here bright and early,” Devin said.

“Spend the morning getting settled in and just let Bev know what supplies you need and she will take good care of you.”

“Yes ma’am,” Devin said as she followed Alicia into her office.

“Have a seat,” Alicia said as she walked to the window and opened her blinds. “It appears we are in for a wet day.”

“You have a great view for a rainstorm,” Devin said as Alicia looked out the window and noticed the new BMW in the lot.

“I see you have a new car?” Alicia said turning back to face her. “I hope you got a good deal.”

“Yes, I was very pleased,” Devin answered.

Alicia rewarded Devin with a warm smile. “When you arrive Monday, you can park in the covered garage.”

“That’s great,” Devin said.

“I would also suggest you bring in some workout clothes. Do you play racquetball by chance?”

“Yes I do,” Devin answered with a grin.

“It isn’t written policy, but we highly encourage our staff to take advantage of the club here to help relieve stress and keep in healthy shape.” Bev entered with two cups of coffee and then quickly exited. “After you finish in HR I will take you on a quick tour and you can be on your way.”

“That will keep me from having to find a club on my own,” Devin said.

“The facilities here are better than most clubs in town and I’ve found it’s a great perk for the staff. Bring your racquet with you and we can have a game on Monday after work.”

“That sounds great. I will probably need a work out after moving this weekend.”

“My husband is out of town for a week, so if you need some assistance, I’m available,” Alicia offered.

Devin was a little shocked by her offer, but quickly gained composure. “After the movers set up the furniture I won’t have that much to do, but you could drop by and help me celebrate my new home tomorrow night.”

“I would love that,” Alicia admitted finding herself instantly fond of the young woman sitting across from her. “What can I bring?”

“You can bring a bottle of wine and I will have a salad prepared for us,” Devin said. “I can whip it up and have it chilling while I’m waiting for the movers.”

“We have a deal then, Ms. Freeman,” Alicia said with a wink. “If it would help, I can also come get you Saturday to grocery shop. The Z4’s are great cars, but offer little in the area of storage. I can bring my husband’s SUV.”

“That would be nice to get it all in one trip,” Alicia said. “Thanks.”

They finished their coffee and Alicia walked her down to Human Resources to get her started on the paper work. “Come see me when you finish.”

When she returned to her office she felt excited about spending some time with Devin and felt a bit of her loneliness drain away.

Devin made it through the paperwork in record time and was soon on her way back to Alicia’s office. She knocked and was welcomed back inside just as the phone rang. “I will be just a second.”

“I will go hit the ladies room,” Devin said.

“Use mine,” Alicia said pointing her in the right direction as she answered the phone.

Devin walked into the large bathroom and quickly used the facilities. As she was washing her hands she noticed a perfume bottle on the counter. When they had first met, she was struck by the fragrance Alicia had been wearing and Devin wondered if that could be the same. She dried her hands and carefully picked up the bottle to read the label.

Alicia had finished her call and was leaning against the bathroom door as Devin picked up the bottle and lifted it to her nose.

It was indeed the same warm, erotic fragrance that teased her nostrils every time she was close to Alicia.

“Go ahead and try some,” Alicia said startling Devin as she walked
closer. “A quick spray on your wrist should do. It’s a powerful fragrance but reacts differently to body chemistry.”

Slightly blushing, Devin misted a light spray on her left wrist and rubbed them together before replacing the bottle on the counter.

Alicia surprised her again by catching Devin’s right wrist in her hand and lifting it to her nose. “That smells divine on you,” she said holding Devin’s wrist a little longer.

Devin flushed immediately and turned her head to lift her other wrist to test in an attempt to hide her reaction from Alicia. “This does smell lovely and different from you.”

“Yes, it appears your body chemistry brings out more of the woody scent where mine brings out the floral,” Alicia said, finally releasing Devin’s wrist.

A moment of silence passed between them as their eyes met and locked. Alicia thought for a second she had seen a flicker of excitement pass through Devin when she took her arm and now the same glimmer was flashing through her grey eyes.

“Are you ready for your tour?”

“Yes ma’am, lead the way,” Devin said, relieved to be moving away from the suddenly confined space of the bathroom. Her eyes dropped to the gently sway of Alicia’s hips as they moved beneath the linen skirt she wore and Devin felt a slow burn begin in her stomach.

Devin did not consider herself a lesbian or even that attracted to women. She had experienced a brief fling her second year in college with a young woman, but she soon went on her merry way when the quarterback of the football team noticed her. Devin was neither devastated nor happy about the break-up, but simply buckled down and focused on her studies. She had both male and female friends she would hang out with, but none that sparked the feeling of romance with Devin. She had certainly never felt the slow burn in her stomach that threatened to overwhelm her as she watched Alicia walk. She would have to be insane to think someone of Alicia’s stature would garner even the slightest interest in her. Devin would have to mad with insanity to even think there could be more between them. She pulled her eyes away and focused on the elevator they were walking toward.

They rode down to the fourth floor and stepped into a brightly lit gymnasium filled with all the popular cardio equipment and free weights. They were met by a stunning young woman with a physique of a goddess.
“Dom, I would like you to meet Devin Freeman, the newest addition to our team,” Alicia said.

Dom, short for Dominique, made no pretense about giving Devin the once over before extending her hand. “Finally, you bring me someone young and decently fit to work with,” she teased. “Nice to meet you and welcome aboard,” she said with a charming smile. “Not that I’m complaining mind you, but twenty minutes after Bev arrives, she’s worn out.”

“I think Devin may give you more of a challenge,” Alicia said.

“Whoa, slow down, I don’t want her to kill me the first week.”

“No worries Miss, I will treat you with kid gloves,” Dom said.

“As long as they aren’t boxing gloves,” Devin quickly teased back.

“Oh and a quick one she is too, Mrs. Dukes, no wonder you like her.”

“Would you care to show us around so Devin can get the lay of the land?”

“I would love to,” Dom said. “As you can see, we have a very extensive cardio workout area and a good selection of free weights. She opened the door to a more private workout room which revealed every piece of Nautilus equipment that could be fit in the room. “I will do most of your personal workout on these pieces,” Dom said. “Do you play racquetball?”

“Yes, I do,” Devin said.

“Good, I’m getting tired of Mrs. Dukes wiping the floor with me. Maybe you can give her some competition. We have three courts fully enclosed which are right next to the locker rooms.” Dom held open the door for them. “In here, we have full amenities including a sauna, steam room and whirlpool tub.”

“This is very impressive.”

“Thanks, I’ve been very spoiled. Mrs. Dukes has not denied me any piece of equipment I have asked for yet. Do you spin?”

“I haven’t yet, but would like to,” Devin answered.

“Good answer. I will set you up for Tuesday and Thursday classes with Mrs. Dukes then.”

“Also set us up for Monday, for racquetball, please Dom,” Alicia said.

“You might as well make it Monday, Wednesday and Friday, that is if she’s up for it,” Devin said.

“Oh, you are so on rookie,” Alicia teased.

“Very well, I can see I am going to be very busy with you two,” Dom said. “The health center is open Monday through Saturday 10 am to 8 pm. I will look forward to working with you,” Dom said.

“I will see you on Monday then,” Devin said as they finished the tour.

“Come back upstairs with me for just a moment and you can be on your way,” Alicia said.

They walked into her office and she handed Devin several electronic keys and a new cell phone. “The blue is for parking and the main doors on the building and the white is for your office. I took the liberty to program my cell and home phone in so don’t hesitate to call if you need anything.”

“Thank you for everything Mrs. Dukes,” Devin said.

“Please, you might as well start calling me Alicia,” she said.

“I will try,” Devin promised.

“Is seven too late for you tomorrow night?” Alicia asked.

“Seven will be perfect. I will see you then,” Devin said and left the room.

“See you Monday, Ms. Bev,” she said as she walked by.

“Have a great weekend,” Bev said in return and watched until Devin disappeared into the elevator.

Post Mon May 03, 2010 11:05 pm 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

Oh I am SO liking where this is going. Where the hell do I find a boss like that Alli LMAO?

HugZ, Noni

Post Tue May 04, 2010 12:05 am 
Allison

LOL MG will let you know if I ever find her Wink

Alli

Post Tue May 04, 2010 12:25 am 
Outdoors65

...or a job that easy to walk into... Smile

Post Tue May 04, 2010 12:40 am 
PipSqueak

that's no snail's pace! picking up next installment from side of Outdoors's chair.. nice add Alli!!

Post Tue May 04, 2010 8:51 pm 
Allison

FOUR

Devin drove to the nearest sporting goods shop and decided to purchase a blow up air mattress and a couple of warm blankets. She tossed in a travel sized pillow and headed to the cashier. Then she found a grocery and picked up the paper goods and a few necessities to create a salad for the next evening.

When she arrived at the flat it took three trips to carry everything inside. Her first task was to slip into something more comfortable. She carried her bags into the bedroom and pulled out a well worn pair of jeans and a t-shirt. She used her hair dryer to blow up the mattress and placed it in front of the fireplace. Devin set up the master bath and then went to work in the kitchen, storing the ingredients she would use to make the salad.

It was growing late in the day so she decided she would take a drive around her new home town and grab a quick bite to eat. She took several side roads through the old downtown area, marveling at the architecture of the buildings and as the sun began to sink she pulled into a small steak restaurant and walked inside.

The crowd was still light and she was seated quickly and within a short time was dining on one of the best steaks she had ever eaten. She decided she would definitely remember how to get back to this location as she savored the last bite of the juicy meat.

Devin climbed back in her car and made her way home. She climbed the small stairs up to her flat and opened the door as she realized she hadn’t given Alicia her address. She would call her first thing in the morning to rectify that oversight, but now she felt a long bubble bath calling her name. Devin lit the candles and began drawing water in the large tub. She took a towel she had purchased and sat it by the tub, then walked back to her bag for another t-shirt and a pair of boxers to sleep in. She turned off the water and stripped quickly out of her clothing. As she lifted the t-shirt over her head, her nose caught scent of the perfume Alicia wore that was still deep in the pores of her skin.

She lowered her body into the water and closed her eyes as she relaxed in the tepid water. Today had been a wonderful day and the luxurious bath would be the icing on the cake for her before she retired for the evening.

Tomorrow promised to be a rushed and busy day and she prayed the movers would be on time. She wiped her face with a damp hand and again smelled Alicia’s fragrance. The perfume did smell good on her, but it was completely intoxicating against Alicia’s skin. Devin attempted to move her thoughts away from her beautiful new employer, but the harder she tried to block those thoughts the more she found her body reacting to the visions that danced in front of her closed eyes.

She could see the way Alicia’s blue eyes smiled as they danced with delight as she laughed and how deep they had become in the dim light of her private bathroom. Surprisingly while these feelings were foreign to her, Devin was not terrified of them. She was concerned that this infatuation or whatever label she would put on her feelings would be obvious to Alicia and she would jeopardize her new position. She would have to work hard to keep her feelings from flowing to the surface, but was sure she was up to the task. Maybe if she focused on a diversion, she would be more successful.

Dom certainly had seemed more than professionally interested in her when they met. Devin did not fail to notice the gentle touches and softer tone Dom used when addressing her directly, but they did not have the same effect as Alicia’s. Dom was beautiful in an androgynous way, her perfectly toned body, accented by soft curves and a smile that could melt the coldest heart. Devin would befriend Dom and she was sure they would enjoy teasing one another, but her heart had already been lost.

Alicia was finishing a work out session with Dom. “You certainly seemed a bit more motivated tonight,” she teased her employer.

“Today was a good day and for once I am actually looking forward to a relaxing weekend,” Alicia said. “What about you Dom, do you have plans?”

“Just the usual, a few beers at the Pub and breaking a few more hearts of Atlanta’s finest,” she said with a chuckle.

“Have you given thought to finding a good woman and settling down?”
Alicia asked, quite well aware and comfortable with Dom’s sexual orientation.

Dom laughed heartily at Alicia’s question. “You are already taken and the other Mrs. Right just hasn’t come along yet,” she answered.

“Oh Dom, you are such a good tease,” Alicia said, as she took a fresh towel from her young trainer. “Besides I couldn’t even dream of keeping up with the likes of you,” she jabbed back.

“For you, I would definitely slow down,” Dom said with a wink. “Who knows, you might even enjoy it,” Dom said pushing the limit.

“Dom, you know I’m a married woman,” Alicia reminded her.

A married woman hiding behind a pretense of happiness Dom thought, but decided better of voicing her opinion. “Well he’s a lucky man, is all I can say,” she responded.

Alicia softly chuckled.

“What do you know about your young protégé?” Dom asked curiously.

Alicia felt a twinge of jealousy strike after Dom’s question.

“I know she is not married, but I’m not sure which way her gate swings, if that’s what you are asking,” Alicia said.

“She is very attractive and if she has turned your head she must be smart as well,” Dom said.

“Devin certainly is no slouch,” Alicia said.

Dom cocked her head at the soft purr that accompanied the use of Devin’s name as it rolled off Alicia’s tongue. No, it really couldn’t be the slightest bit of attraction there. Surely it must just be her imagination being cruel. Lord knows some of Atlanta’s most beautiful women have tried to lure Alicia to no avail. Still there seemed to be something in her voice.

“If you want to hit the showers Boss, I’m going to start closing up shop.”

“I’m sorry Dom I didn’t realize how late it was.” Alicia apologized.

“It’s my fault you worked hard and I just couldn’t quit while you were so motivated,” she teased.

“Well are you available to haul me out of bed tomorrow if I’m too sore to move?” Alicia realized the innuendo of her question as soon as it left her mouth and Dom was quick to jump on it.

“That could be arranged you know,” she answered quickly.

“Maybe you should be the one taking a cold shower,” Alicia said and made a dash for the door, Dom’s laughter echoing in her ears.

“I will probably need one after today,” Dom mumbled to herself, as she wiped down the equipment they had just used.

Alicia showered and dressed in her tailored suit. She tossed a wave and a good night to Dom as she walked past and headed for the parking garage. She pulled out into a muggy Atlanta night. The rain that had fallen earlier did nothing but make the air steamier than normal. She wove her way through traffic and ironically found herself dining at the same restaurant Devin had dined in earlier.

The heavy meal and strenuous workout had left her physically drained and Alicia bypassed her normal glass of wine and climbed the stairs to her bedroom. Her suit was tossed in a hamper and Alicia climbed between the cool sheets. The soft feel of the fabric against her nipples brought them to immediate attention and her thoughts fell on Devin and the feel of her warm wrist in her hand as she smelled the perfume on her skin.

Alicia ran her fingertips across a nipple and felt a trickle of wetness flow between her thighs. It had been a long time since Alicia had felt the allure of desire and her deft fingers worked to bring her to a powerful climax as visions of Devin crossed her mind.

Sated and exhausted beyond words, Alicia snuggled into her pillow and succumbed to sleep, a content smile playing across her lips.

Devin turned on the fireplace and snuggled under the blankets she had purchased. The faint remnants of Alicia’s perfume remained on her skin making Devin’s body warm as she breathed it in. She smiled at the thought of Alicia and let the dancing of the flames lull her to sleep.

She woke early and put on a pair of jeans and some sneakers. Devin had two choices. She could either forego coffee for the day until the movers arrived or she could make a coffee run. Since it was way too early for the movers she made a run to the nearest Starbucks and returned with two large cups. She folded the blankets and deflated the mattress as she sipped the coffee.

She put together a nice salad and stuck it in the fridge to chill before she got busy with the movers. She was just placing the salad in the fridge when her cell phone rang. She was surprised it was her new phone and she found Alicia on the other end.

“Good morning, I hope I didn’t wake you,” she said.

“No, I have been up for a while. I’m glad you called. I was going to call you later,” Devin said.

“I realized I didn’t have your address and thought I would call before the movers arrived.”

“Yes, I thought about it last night. Are you at the office?”

“No, I’m still at home.”

Devin gave her the address.

“I think I know where that is,” Alicia said.

“Key it into your GPS and it will bring you right here,” Devin said, a smile playing on her lips.

“Damn, I keep forgetting I have that,” Alicia said. “Ok, have a great day and I will see you tonight. Call if you need me to pick anything else up.”

“Thanks, I will. Have a great day.”

“Good-bye Devin,” Alicia said and ended the call. “Sexy telephone voice,” she said as she tore the sheet of paper from the pad and tucked it in her pocket. She picked up a small bag packed with a more casual outfit for her visit to Devin’s and walked to the garage.

Her personal cell rang next and it was the movers. They were early, but were sitting on the curb waiting for permission to start unloading. “I’ll be right down,” Devin said and took the stairs two at a time.

The crew of four men had her unloaded and her furniture set up and arranged for her shortly after lunch. Devin tipped them for their service and began setting up her house. She started in the master bedroom, making her bed and putting her clothes in the large walk-in closet. She unpacked the linens and placed them in the bathroom before moving to the kitchen.
She found her plates and dinnerware first and went ahead and placed two settings on the dining room table for dinner. The pots and pans followed and finally she found the box with her coffee maker. She sat it up on the counter and realized she would be in the same fix in the morning as she did not buy coffee items. She looked at her watch and felt she would have time to make a quick store run before she would need to start preparing herself for Alicia’s visit.

She found wine glasses and a corkscrew and placed them on the counter. She gathered up an armful of cardboard boxes and her keys then headed down stairs.

Alicia glanced at her watch and it was almost noon. The day seemed to be dragging on forever and she was having a hard time focusing. At least it was Friday, so most of the really important work for the week had been accomplished. She decided to make a run to pick up a gift for Devin to help pass the time. “I will be back later Bev,” she said as she slipped on her coat and left the office.

She headed straight for her favorite store and walked over to the perfume counter. Her perfume had smelled so delicious on Devin she just had to have a bottle as a welcoming gift. She paid for her purchase and asked the clerk to wrap the bottle. She then found a nice house warming card and scrawled a quick note on it before sealing the envelope.

Alicia stopped off for a quick salad and then went back to the office. It was nearly three when she stepped off the elevator.

“Welcome back,” Bev said.

“Thanks, how’s business?”

“Very quiet, I think everyone must have taken the day off,” Bev quipped.

“Is there anything you absolutely must finish today?”

“No ma’am, I am caught up unless you need anything.”

“Why don’t you call it an early day then?”

Bev hid her surprise. Rarely did she get to leave the office before five, leaving her wondering what was going on, but she did not hesitate to take Alicia up on the offer. “If you are sure you don’t need me, I think I will,” she answered.

“No, I think I’m going to organize my desk for next week and then go work out,” Alicia said.

“I should join you, but instead I think I’ll make it an early start to the weekend,” Bev said as she gathered her purse and keys.

“Have a great one Bev and we will start all over Monday,” Alicia said.

“You too ma’am,” Bev said and hustled to the elevator before Alicia changed her mind.

Alicia spent the next hour organizing her desk and putting away files she no longer needed. When she was satisfied with her efforts, she picked up her bag and walked to the elevator. She rode it down to the Health Center and found it virtually vacant. Dom was cleaning the floor length mirrors in the free weight area.

“Hey Hotshot, are you ready to get your tail whipped?” Alicia shouted to Dom.

Dom whipped her head around and smiled at Alicia. “Someone is feeling their oats today I see. You think you can handle me today?”

“On the racquetball court, yes, otherwise who knows,” Alicia said shrugging her shoulders for emphasis.

Dom chuckled at Alicia’s quick response. “Get changed and stretched and I will meet you on the court.”

“Don’t warm up too hard. I don’t want you worn out before we get started,” Alicia teased.

“I got all you can handle,” Dom said as Alicia disappeared into the locker room. She left a note at the front desk and took her racquet to start warming up while she waited for Alicia.

Alicia undressed quickly and took the clean outfit from her bag and hung it up while placing her business suit and shoes in the bag. She hoped gravity would take the few visible wrinkles out of the jeans while she played with Dom. If not, she would hit them with an iron after showering.

Before coming to work for Alicia, Dom had been a professional cyclist for one of Alicia’s clients. A tragic accident cut her cycling career short and when Alicia learned she was a Licensed Professional Trainer, she offered her a job immediately. She had been toying with the idea of a fitness center and Dom seemed the perfect person to set it up.

When Dom learned she would have unlimited resources for equipment and have sole responsibility for the design and selection of equipment, she jumped at the offer. Four years later she was proud to be one of the few non-lawyer friends Alicia had.

When Alicia tapped on the clear door and entered the court, Dom stopped her warm ups. “I thought I might have to take a nap waiting on you,” she said with a grin.

“When I finish with you tonight, you will sleep like a baby,” Alicia promised.

“Oh, don’t I wish,” Dom said with a wicked grin, then hit the ball against the front wall for a slow volley to warm Alicia’s muscles.

Racquetball had never been a favorite activity while she was cycling, but her natural athleticism made it easy for Dom to progress quickly in the game. Alicia on the other hand, was quite proficient and could easily win any tournament should she choose to enter. In their four years of playing, Dom could count the number of games she had won on one hand, but she enjoyed the physical challenge of playing with Alicia.

“I’m ready if you want to go ahead and serve,” Alicia said. “Might be the only one you get in this game,” she added to play with Dom’s head.

“Don’t you wish,” Dom said and hit a blazing serve that Alicia returned with a quick flick of her wrist.

For nearly two hours the two players battled and though Dom did come close several times, Alicia won all five games.

“Enough for tonight,” Alicia finally said.

“What, I’m finally getting warmed up,” Dom said even though her body was soaked with sweat.

“I do admit, you are getting much better,” Alicia said.

“Maybe Ms. Freeman can join us for some cut throat and with her help I can finally beat you.”

Alicia smiled at the mention of Devin and checked her watch.

Dom caught the quick glance and teased her by saying, “You got a hot date?”

“No, but I do have a social engagement to prepare for, so I’m off to the showers. Thanks for a great workout.”

“My pleasure,” Dom said as she held the door open for Alicia.

Post Wed May 05, 2010 4:49 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: