BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> Spiritual Intervention

Free-Less Pt 3

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Beth

Free-Less Pt 3

Part 3

In the beginning Dom enjoyed coming up with creative ideas to peak the
women’s desire to write about their personal challenges, but lately it was becoming a battle to get new recruits to start their daily journals. Many of the women had real problems, but they seemed impervious to the fact they were victims. They didn’t understand why they should have to write down their personal problems or issues, so it took many trials and tribulations to convince them to at least try to do the assignments.

Dominique realized at an early age that she couldn’t turn to others for support or help with her emotions and thoughts, she looked for most of her answers in books and she always liked to write her own thoughts down and keep lists of things she needed to do. Years later she eventually realized that this had helped her stay on track and in control of her life and she created a program to teach other women how to see their own emotions in a new light. She got interested in this after reading a book on Emotional Intelligence that a friend shared with her, she found it very insightful and put its finer points in action. She represented her own success story and she wanted to be able to instill this awareness in other women, but not all were prepared to make the transformation themselves.

So when the Mr. Hinkle’s of the world would try to get her down, she thought of why she started the business in the first place and it usually gave her strength to grow stronger. But not this time, all her usual ploys to boost her own self esteem failed her now and all she could do now was meditate on her mistakes and then she began to regret many of her valid decisions. When this ‘critical voice’ woke up it marked a turning point in her life that not even she suspected. It was a process in action that seemed to be gaining a foothold against her usual resolve and stoic attitude in the face of adversity. The voice in the mirror was still on her mind, even throughout the meeting that’s all she could hear and she couldn’t help wondering what it meant. She could still sense the tingling sensations she felt the first time she heard the Voice. Yet she thinks to herself, “Maybe I am only fooling myself, and I just can’t admit that I need to attend a Free Philosophy seminar again myself, but how can I explain that to the Board?” she thought to herself.

One of her students walked in the bathroom and said, “Ms. Forest are you okay, can I do anything to help?” Dominique quickly gathered her thoughts and patted her face with a paper towel and said, “Hi, thanks but I am fine, just a little upset stomach that’s all”, and she changed the subject rather abruptly by saying, “How are your journal assignments coming along, are you feeling more comfortable with them now?” The woman replied “Well it is still hard for me to put my thoughts into words and I don’t see why this is so important or necessary anyway? I need to learn job skills not how to write down my feelings” said the young woman very defensively as she folded her arms across her chest daring Dom to defy her wishes. Dominique had heard this from all the women, but none had been so adamantly set against the process as Shasha.

She grew up in a household that just barely survived one tragedy to the next catastrophe, they were so engulfed in trying to survive drive by shootings and crack cocaine that education and books were not as important as the money they needed to keep things going. Her family didn’t encourage her to go to school and she often had the responsibility of taking care of her younger sisters and brothers when her parents were out on a drinking binge. Her younger brother was three years old and already walked down the street yelling at birds saying “Git outta here you stupid ass birds, before I kill you!” When her parents were not out drinking and fighting for all the neighbors to see and hear, they had parties 24-7 that often lasted all night. Often gangs would huddle together and walk down the middle of the street with shotguns that looked like gangster hardware from the 30’s and 40’s when Al Capone ruled the hood.

Shasha and her family had front row seats. Other neighbors would fall to the ground when they heard them approaching knowing the damage a stray bullet can do to an innocent child. Shasha wanted a different life for herself, but she didn’t know how to find it and very rarely was she able to achieve anything on her own without asking for assistance first. She didn’t think she could learn on her own, and deep down inside she felt very frustrated at her own inadequacies. More than likely her parents continued drinking during the entire nine months it took to poison her innocent soul with drugs, alcohol and cigarettes. She thought it was cool to smoke and drink at a young age and she found herself pregnant at 14 years of age with no plans for her new baby’s future. Her long dark hair was usually in one long braid that almost touched the ground. She had a nice figure and she used it to her advantage to get her way with boys and men, actually she felt at home in her subversive world and totally lost in Dominique’s writing program.

“You’re always picking on me Ms. Forest and all I did was try to ask you a question, you crazy bitch!” she barked out loud before breaking down into tears. “I don’t wanna be in this shitty ass program anyway. Why don’t you just kick me out like everyone else does?” she shouted now at the top of her lungs screaming bloody murder. Dominique was not ready for this kind of outburst after the morning she had with Mr. Hinkle. “Listen Shasha, I am very sorry that I upset you, I didn’t realize you felt that I pick on you. Instead of kicking you out, I would like you to write down what it is you are feeling right now in your own words. Don’t worry about spelling, punctuation or grammar; just get your thoughts down on the paper. Try to describe all your feelings as best you can; its ok to get angry and I know you feel very frustrated and alone” said Dominique in a concerned tone that Shasha never noticed before today.

She realized at that instant that maybe she had been wrong about Ms. Forest. But, strangely enough at the same time Shasha has this thought, she gets a really bad migraine headache that knocks her to the ground. Dom doesn’t know what to do next; she hadn’t seen anything like this before. Medical emergencies were not easy for her because her distrust and hatred of hospitals from all the things she had seen there now triggered irrational responses at the thought of going back. Shasha continued to cry out in distress that her head was going to explode and she began screaming and holding her head in agony as the pupils of her eyes turned white, Dom is horrified at the sight.

Post Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:13 pm 
SharayaKai

You've got me rivetted. Keep 'em comin'.

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: