BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> General Fiction

Just a very short story

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Eiregirl

Just a very short story

I may make a longer version of this at another time...who knows

The beginning of the end

Rafat as always was well dressed in his black slacks, white shirt and black tie. He sat in front of his console in the power plant, scanning it with his eyes but he paid no attention to the lights. There were green lights signaling a particular system was ok and a few yellow ones indicating that routine maintenance checks needed to be performed but happily there were no red ones flashing, even if there were it would not matter. He got up from the console and walked around the room looking at each switch, button and knob. Rubbing his sweaty palms together he felt nervous and anxious as his eyes darted around the room. He saw the EXIT sign above the door and for a split second thought about leaving but that was not an option. The night before the explosives had been wired to the core containment chamber and he knew that all he had to do was press a set sequence of buttons on his keyboard and flip one switch and the entire city would receive a deadly dose of radiation. After walking around the room he sat back down and looked at the person sitting next to him. Henry, a 42 year old man with black hair that was graying at the temples, dark brown eyes and a ready smile. Henry was married with two kids and a third due in seven months. Henry leaned back in his chair and rolled the sleeves up on his gray dress shirt and loosened his red tie. He was talking about his weekend camping trip and how it had been the perfect weekend to be outdoors. Behind him on the opposite side of the room was Rachel, a 24 year old graduate from Princeton with light brown hair streaked with red and the most beautiful green eyes he had ever seen. Today she wore her hair up in a bun and was wearing a blue skirt and white blouse. Rafat turned his head and looked at her for a moment. She was in her first month of work at the plant. She was beautiful, intelligent and was not suppose to be here. Rafat turned back to the screen in front of him then took a deep breath before pressing the keys, T-H-E-E-N-D and flipped a switch.

I did say it was very short.

Post Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
desert-fish

LOL

I just can't imagine what made you write that...it begins...

and then...

it ends!!!!

well I think it does....then again maybe the network crashes and their plans are foiled...

or maybe the chick (who's not supposed to be there) is secretly on to them, and has disabled trigger sequence

or maybe the entire scene is actually a play within a story and they wuz just rehearsing their scene

maybe T-H-E-E-N-D is actually their Melswebs password

maybe you're not finished...
Very Happy

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:12 am 
Eiregirl

quote:
Originally posted by sol-o:
LOL

I just can't imagine what made you write that...it begins...

and then...

it ends!!!!

well I think it does....then again maybe the network crashes and their plans are foiled...

or maybe the chick (who's not supposed to be there) is secretly on to them, and has disabled trigger sequence

or maybe the entire scene is actually a play within a story and they wuz just rehearsing their scene

maybe T-H-E-E-N-D is actually their Melswebs password

maybe you're not finished...
Very Happy

Maybe it is about the evil search thingy Shocked

Na not that...hmmm but perhaps I could combine the two stories...the evil search thingy one and this one...hmmm you will just have to wait and see

Hugs and thanks for the reply
Eiregirl Arrow

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:39 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Allison

LOL Eire you are such a tease. Share with us what's in that mind of yours!

Alli

Post Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: