BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> General

Hey.

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Hieloz

Hey.

I'm new and decided that it was best to introduce myself.

I'm bi [if I must add a label to myself], even though I don't really identify with labels at all, I don't feel it defines how I see gender and sexuality.
For me it's about people, no matter the gender.

I will say before I got with my current bf [who is also bi] I was more attracted to women physically, just not mentally [aside for one of my friends who isn't my friend anymore; all other women were not brainy enough for me, I'm into math/science a lot, and no drama]. I am still more attracted to women physically than men, which is to say I won't go getting into their pants [I don't do open relationships or polyamory, just one person to worry about please Razz], they are just more attractive to me and were always really...since I was little.

My family took it badly when I tried to see if they would accept me as bi [again, labels, but I had to test them with something, and I was def not gay], my dad ended up saying that bi people were not "ok", because you know they were "confused", gay people were however, even though they were "degrading the human species".
I found these comments very very offensive, to the point that since then I have NEVER seen my father the same way...heh, specially because he used to be very high up in my worldview, I thought he was a different type of person...

My mom has been more accepting, I have tried to tell her how I see people and gender and she tried to understand more, but that was that, I think she tries to hide from herself the fact that I could potentially see a woman and think she's attractive in "that" way.
I told my brother as well and since I did we haven't talked about it, he only said that he loved me even if I was bi, but you know, I have a bf now, so "it's ok".

By the way, I come from a Latino background, so those things aren't looked at as "ok" at all.

Well that's my story, I'm a fairly brainy person but also consider myself an artist.

Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:57 pm 
Allison

Hiya..........Under the General page there is a thread for Member Introductions. I would suggest copying this post there for all members to see. Welcome to Mel's. Have a great time here.

Alli

Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Hieloz

Yes I just noticed that, thanks ^^.

Post Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:00 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: