BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> General Fiction

I never would have never knew...

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Miss Melissa

I never would have never knew...

The forest calls to me
It echo’s in my soul
In runs deep within my veins
Trying to take control.

The wind blows through my hair
The grass is smooth beneath my feet
The flowers blossom where the sky and trees do meet.

The forest is I and will always be a part
It is the only thing that penetrates the
Darkness of my wild dark heart.

“Arrrgg” a growl escaped her lips, grasping the piece of paper destructively in her manicured hands she tore it in neat quarters before throwing it tiredly in the near by bin.

‘Who the hell would even think of that garbage. Pttf all it is airy fairy piece of rubbish, in the end its just a concoction of all my stupid childish daydreams”
Laughing quietly at her own stupidity she dared to glance around at the half full library who silence was so deep that one could almost hear the ringing of pure nothing echo in their very being and resonate like someone screaming in a cave.
‘God this place is like a bloody prison, who the hell would send their kids here’ she though bitterly knowing very well she was one of the statistics.

Her mum had split up with dad when she was in grade six and had promptly told her she was never to see her lousy good for nothing father again. This was bound to be a crushing experience for any eleven year old as one at that age usually has the bliss ignorance and naivety of a child who sees there mother and father as a the corner stone of there life and never questions why. Who at that age would, mum and dad are simply that. Two dependable people that in a child’s eyes shall always stand tall in the face of diversity and conflict.

It took awhile to recover from this world changing experience as she quickly learned her father was not coming back! For awhile things were good despite the fact there was a empty hole where her father had once been. She felt her mother was trying to make up for his absence it in every way possible but she didn’t really mind as it meant they spent time together they usual wouldn’t as they would often do simple things together like go to the movies or even shopping sprees when the money wasn’t to tight.

But things soon changed, one night her mother had swept open the door revealing someone that she wished she had never met. As the snow frosted over the lakes in winter his icy demeanour froze the room. His eyes were steel grey and held no warmth in their depths which now cast an almost disgusted eye over the humble living area presented to him. A shudder crept up her spine as she watched this stranger walk over to embrace her mother, he’s beady eyes reflecting lust. The more she watched the more she came to feel a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach.

This man had no time for her, and soon this was evident as the completion of grade seven saw her shipped of to boarding school. Oh but no apparently it was for her own good. “It will teach the girl independence” he had said to her mother. Her mother shook her head as if to say yes if you think you know what’s best for my child then I shall, for her new boyfriend was always so wise.

She had sneered at him as a fake thin lipped smile twisted into a sick grin as she stepped up those dark dreary bus steps. Eager to catch a glimpse of her mother before she left she sat close to the window and waved like a girl possessed. Her face fell instantly; she had eyes for only him. At the moment she did the only thing she could do to stop her crying from the loneliness that threatened to consume her, pulled out a book and started to write. It didn’t matter what it was, angry words of hatred were followed by bitter sweet promises of love. The only thing that mattered was that they meant something and they were hers. Soon these lonely sentences formed verses and verses formed poems, poems that were created from the deepest most honest feelings of a broken child’s lonely heart.

I look at this now ruined family
Just lies to fool the others
Because you simply forgot the child
When you became lovers

Complete it shall never be
Because I see you love him now
As you once loved me.

Talissa walked briskly out of the library and into the luxurious hall as she had for what seemed like a million times now. Then library for her had always been a place of refuge simply because it was quite and nobody ever thought to look for her there, this left her alone to do her own biding. Sometimes she would just go there to escape all the noise and gossip that the school so desperately thrived on. With an air of boredom she plucked her timetable out of her bag ‘As I expected fifth period is going to start in five minutes’ she though resignedly. It was only Monday and she was already mentally exhausted, maybe it was something to do with the fact she had chosen to do the hardest subjects the school offered in order to receive a impressive exit certificate at the end of the year. ‘God I am a sucker for punishment’.

The door for the classroom neared, she could see people filing in to get to the seats that they sat in every class. It was amazing what people would do just for a little piece of familiarity in this world, maybe that’s what kept people sane. ‘Yet another weirdo though from my somewhat deluded brain, as if an inanimate object could hold ones sanity in its physical make up. Quite stupid really. Meh oh well’

As she floated into class she didn’t need to look to know all the students eyes were on her, she knew they were without doubt. They always had been as they wanted to be her. They saw her as beautiful, smart, determined and most of all the popular girl of the school. Oh yes popularity is a funny thing, it's what elevated normal citizens into royalty within their environment. It created monsters out of young girls as they strove to be the one that commanded the surroundings they inhabited. ‘So fickle’ she though as she sat down next to Meyko.

Meyko smiled when she saw Talissa plonk down into the seat next to her with a frown.
“Did we have a bad day eh?” she said poking the blond haired green eyed girl in the cheek.
“That is such a understatement” she mumble under her breath.
“Ohhh I heard that miss!” laughed Meyko grinning foolishly.
“Jezz your happy, what got you in such a great mood that you feel the need to continuously poke me?”
“Oh nothing” smiled Meyko with a far away look in her eyes.
“I know that look, ok then who’s the spunky guy?”
“Paul”
“Paul!!??!!?” spluttered Talissa unbelievingly.
“Are we talking bout the same Paul that plays soccer for the Saint Tom’s High?”
“Yep”
“Oh god you really do have bad taste!” Talissa exclaimed exasperatedly sinking into her chair even further.
“TALISSA! YOU LITTLE…..well Shara and Teegan think he’s a good catch!” said Meyko defensively.
“Yeah they would, there dating his friends” she laughed flipping her blonde hair over her shoulder.
“So Talissa…..who have you got you got that pretty little eye of yours on hey” Meyko teased nudging her playfully in the ribs.
“No one” she replied flatly.
“Oh come on there must be someone!” said Meyko disappointed.
“Nope”
“You know people are going to start thinking that your….you know” whispered Meyko quietly so no body else could hear.
“You know what?” spat Talissa angrily knowing exactly what the Japanese girl was talking about.
“Think your one of them…..a l-e-s-b-I- a – n” she said unnecessarily drawing out the word lesbian.
“Oh get stuffed Meyko!” she replied angrily. ‘Wait a minute so what if I am, who cares just cause I don’t want to go out with any random bloody guy I see’.

Talissa spent the whole class fuming in her seat. Meyko would glance over worriedly every few minutes as she had never seen her friend so …well red in the face before.

‘Could that be the reason I don’t want to ever go out with any of those guys that constantly keep asking me out?’ she pondered. ‘Arggg don’t be stupid, its not like you have ever liked or fantasized about any girls before so get rid of that thought’.

The internal battle that raged on in her head was so fierce that soon the bell rang signalling the end of the period. She got up out of her seat without a single glace back at Meyko.
“Talissa wait…” she called out meekly at her friends retreating back.
“Don’t talk to me, I am really not in the mood”

Meyko had hit a somewhat sensitive nerve deep within, one that she couldn’t easily shake of.
‘What in the world made her even think that?’ Talissa asked herself and when she didn’t get and answer her mind formulated yet another rhetorical question. “Am I really a …………no way’.

This story goes out to my number one fan Nat! - the one and only! (theres still more to come) ooo xxx

Post Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:30 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: