BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> General Fiction

Short story attempt {F}

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Lezbyterian

Short story attempt {F}

Okay.........I've never really written a short story before, keep in mind. I just wanted some feed back on what I have thus far, so I know whether or not to keep going (I started it in 1st and then revised it to 3rd person). Personally, I think I should trash it...but I am my own worst critic. I read here often and thought...what better place to try it, right? *sigh* here it goes...

Emma stared at herself in the mirror, “why do I even try? The one girl I want to see isn’t even going to be…” her thoughts were interrupted by an IM on her computer.

~*~ - “Hey, are you there?”

“Why is it whenever she crosses my mind semi-negatively, she pops up?” she thought to herself as sat down at the computer.

!!! – “Hey, yeah I’m here….I didn’t even know I was signed in, lol. What’s up?”
~*~ - “Oh, lucky me *smile*. What are you doing tonight?”
!!! – “Well….I was just dazzling myself up to go drinking with some friends. What are you up to?”
~*~ - “Seems someone spent enough time dazzling you up during creation…”

“How does she make me blush so easily!?”, Emma wondered.

!!! – “Seems someone didn’t spend enough time on your eyes during creation *wink*”
~*~ - “Sorry for standing you up the other day”
!!! – “….it’s okay”

“I’m use to it”, she said aloud to the screen.

!!! – “What are you doing tonight?” Emma ask again to avoid what she knew would be said next (“no it’s not”).
~*~ - “No it’s not…”

She rolled her eyes at how well she had come to know her lines.

~*~ - “But, I’m not up to anything. Where are you going drinking?”
!!! – “The usual spots”
~*~ - “Hmm, well maybe my luck will keep up and I’ll run into you at one of them”
!!! – “That’d be nice, running into you is always a pleasure *grin*”

“What am I doing!? Don’t flirt with her!” Emma reminded herself with a hit on the head.

~*~ - “Aw *smile* Well, I’ll let you get back to getting ready, I don’t want to keep you.”
!!! – “Alright….are you sure you don’t want to keep me though? *makes puppy eyes*”
~*~ - “haha, I’d be unwise to not..”
!!! – “*grin* later beautiful”.

“ I’m such an idiot! I have no control when it comes to her” Emma said aloud.
The girl who sent the IM was Allyse. She’s smart, funny, cares about the world, and is beautiful beyond belief. Everything anyone would ever want in a girl. And when I say “anyone”, I mean anyone and everyone. This girl gets hit on more times a day than McDonald’s sells Big Macs. The only problem is, her face is all they see. Okay, her body adds a nice kick. But she’s blind to it, as well as blind to Emma. She’s gotten so use to lines constantly being thrown at her, that she can’t decipher the truth behind Emma’s words.
Emma is the sap that has been stuck on her for over a year now. She was at a time in her life where she wasn’t even looking to get to know a girl. Then walked Allyse into her life and in her mind she has stayed since. She wasn’t sure what it was, but there was something about Allyse that made her melt just at the very thought of her. And no matter how many times she witness the stupid lines Allyse fell for, or no matter how many times she got stood up for the people who threw the stupid lines, a few nice words from her and Emma fell victim all over again.

“What it do crew?” Emma said as she walked into her friend Danielle’s living room.
“Hey Em” she was a greeted with a hug from Danielle, “ready to get your dance on??”
“And you know this” Emma said with a grin.
Danielle’s house was always the pre-session meeting spot for most of their group.
“Is this all of us?” Emma asked.
“Yep, everyone else is going to meet us there” her friend Jack responded as he handed her a shot. She slammed it back with him in unison, then filled all the shot glasses for their final shots. Emma handed them out and raised her glass, “to a drama free night???” “lets hope” everyone said as they clanked their glasses together.
“Who’s riding with me?” Brenda asked as they headed out the door.
“I will”, Emma said, with Danielle in tow.
“You four roll with Jack, we’re going to kill Em on the way, shh don’t tell anyone! No need for us all to go down”, Danielle said jokingly.
Danielle was Emma’s best friend. Most of the time they were inseparable, so much so that they had been mistaken for a couple on many occasions, and teased endlessly by their friends. But, she was straight, though she spent most of her time flirting with Emma when they went out.
“I love this song!” Brenda said turning up the radio, followed by “So, Em, where’s your girl?”
“What girl?” Emma coyly answered.
“Because she has so many she can’t keep track” Danielle teased with a poke to the ribs.
“Yeah right” Emma said poking her back.
“That insanely hot one you’re always talking to” Brenda reiterated.
“Oh…Allyse?” Emma shrugged, “she might run into us tonight, she wasn’t sure what she was doing”.
“Weren’t you supposed to hook up with her the other day?” Danielle asked. Emma made a face at her. “Aw baby, did you get stood up?” she asked with a giggle.
“Speaking of getting stood up, what happened to Rob, Danielle??” Emma asked with an evil grin.
“Ooo burn” laughed Brenda.
They pulled into the parking lot of their first destination. It was a small bar Emma wasn’t too fond of. “I don’t know why we even bother going here half the time. We’re in it long enough for everyone to have a drink or two and then everyone complains how boring it is.” Emma thought to herself.
“What’s wrong Em?” Lisa asked as they were walking in.
“You know I hate this bar”, Emma replied.
“Aw, it’s not so bad. Come on, I’ll buy you a drink”. Emma followed Lisa to the bar.
“What will you have ladies?” the bartender asked.
Lisa looked at Emma.
“Give us two Jagger Bombs, please”, she said with a wink. It was a usual between the two. While Lisa was distracted talking to Jack, Emma paid for the drinks.
“Hey, I was buying YOU a drink!” she shoved Emma.
“Oh well” Emma said handing her drink to her.
Just as they finished slamming their Jaggers, Emma’s phone rang.
“Oooo, who’s calling you?” asked Danielle slinking up behind her.
“Your mom” Emma said laughing as she walked towards the door to go outside.

“Hello?”
“Hey, what are you doing?” the voice on the other end inquired.
“Uhhh, nothing? I’m at the bar”.

“Oy, I need to look before answering”, Emma thought to herself. It was her ex girlfriend. She never called Emma unless she wanted something or she was fighting with her current girlfriend and always knew how to put a damper on her night.

“Oh, well I can let you go” she said.
“You called for a reason, what’s up?” Emma asked.
“I was just seeing what you were up to, I kind of wanted to see you” she paused for a reaction. Emma didn’t know what to say, she never believed her when she said that.
“I…” Emma began to say, as Danielle burst out the door.
“Hey Em, we’re out of here!”
“Yes, saved!” she thought.
“I’ll let you go” her ex said with an attitude. She always got jealous when she heard a girl’s voice. Which, Emma couldn’t understand because she was the one with a girlfriend.
“Don’t get a tone, its just Danielle. Hit me back in awhile, I won’t be able to hear you in the car.” She hung up without saying anything. Typical.
“Who was that?” Danielle asked as they got in the car.
“Nobody” Emma said. Danielle always gave her a hard time when she found out she had been talking to her ex.
“So where are we headed now?” Emma asked.
“Cedar’s” Lisa said as she climbed in the backseat.
“Is that the bar we went to on Brenda’s birthday?” Danielle questioned.
“That’s the one!”
“I don’t know why we don’t just go straight to The Wood. That’s where we always end up and the one place in everyone’s mind when we start” Emma said.
“That’s what I’m saying” added Brenda.
Emma looked out the window as they drove, wondering why her ex had really called her.
“Hey, can you turn that down for a sec?” Lisa asked as her phone rang. Emma reached over and turned down the radio.
“Okay, see you there! We’re just going to The Wood instead”, she said hanging up her phone.
“See” Brenda and Emma looked at each other.
“Emma, why do you waste your time talking to that bitch?”
Emma looked in the backseat with a puzzled look on her face. Danielle was holding her phone; “she must have snagged it while I was turning down the radio.” Emma thought.
“I can’t help who calls me Dan”.
“She only calls to keep tabs on you and mess with your head.”
“Thanks mom, can I have my phone back please?”
“Why did you even answer it??”
“Actually, I answered it without looking because I was talking to you on my way out”.
“Ladies, ladies, I thought we were having a drama free night?” Brenda jumped in.
“We are” Emma said taking back her phone with a glare from Danielle.

They arrived at The Wood and Emma swiftly got out of the car. She looked around for cars that resembled any of their friend’s. It looked like they were the first to get there. Emma leaned up against the car as a signal for them to know no one was there yet. Lisa went over by Brenda to join her for a cigarette while they waited. After a few moments Danielle went over and leaned up against the car next to Emma.
“Sorry Em” she nudged her. “You know I don’t like her messing with you and that’s all she does”.
“I know, but I told you before not to worry about it”
“I’m just trying to look out for you, somebody has to”
“Nobody has to. I think she bothers you more than she does me, honestly.” Emma said nudging her back.
“Now kiss and make up!”, Lisa said bumping Danielle towards Emma.
Emma stopped her from falling as she cursed at Lisa. The two began chasing one another around the car.
“Maybe you two should kiss flirting like that” Emma implied with sly grin.
Lisa stopped in her tracks, “I rather kiss Jack!”, all the girls laughed.
“Hey Jack, Lisa wants to kiss you!” Emma yelled seeing him in the distance.
“Oh my God!” Lisa blurted, unaware that they had arrived, as she punched Emma in the arm.
They headed to the bar fishing out their IDs. Lisa still embarrassed punched Emma again. “Hey now” the guy at the door said, “come on” he waved Emma in.
“Thanks” Emma said grinning back at Lisa, patting his shoulder as she passed through the door. She waited inside for everyone else to get in.
“Why do you always just get to come in?” Jack asked as he handed his entry fee to the lady giving out stamps.
Emma laughed at him and shrugged. “It must be my smile”, she said with an exaggerated grin.
She really had no idea why he always just let her in, when she came with the same people every time.
“I’m going to get a spot at the bar” Emma said, getting pulled back by Lisa.
“I owe you a drink”.
“No you don’t, buy Jack a drink”, she teased, dodging forward knowing she was about to get hit again.
They scanned the bar and talked about how popular it had become since the first time they came. Jack and Trey joined them in line for their wait.
“Looks like you have to snag a waitress to avoid the hour plus wait” Emma said watching the waitresses pass by them to the bar.
Jack looked at Emma, “Let the player handle this”.
“Hey girl, can you help me out with some drinks?” he asked as a waitress tried to squeeze passed them.
“I’m kind of busy, you can grab a table and I’ll get there as soon as I can. Or…keep waiting”, she said as politely as she could overwhelmed by the people.
They all laughed at him with a joint “playa’ playa’!”.
“Shut up” Jack responded with a hurt ego, “you couldn’t pull it either”.
A few minutes later Emma saw the same waitress headed their way to place an order and decided to take on his challenge.
“I got us drinks, hold up”, Emma said.
They looked at her doubtingly as they saw her target.
“Yeah right” Jack said.
Emma stepped into the path the waitress was heading, just as she was bumped into her.
“Sorry”, the waitress said with a smile.
“That’s alright, drunks get kind of pushy.”, Emma said stepping aside allowing her to pass.
She giggled, “Do you need anything?”
“Well, actually, if you get a minute, my friends and I have been waiting for awhile. I don’t want to impose though, I know you’re really busy”, Emma replied.
“You can have anything you want” she smiled taking a step closer.
Emma looked over and saw Jack picking his jaw up off the floor.
“How about you finish what you were heading to do and I’ll meet you over by the fan?”
“Alright” she agreed.
Emma started towards the fan with a head nod for her friends to follow.
“Okay, how the hell does that work?” Jack asked irritated.
“I told you Jackie boy, it must be my smile”.
Emma leaned against the table next to the fan, as the rest of the group started to gather.
“Here comes your girl Em”, Trey said elbowing her.
The waitress came up and leaned next to her.
“Hi” she said.
“Hi” Emma smiled at her.
“What do you need sweetie?”
She could hardly take her eyes off of her long enough ask what everyone wanted. She was gorgeous. Tall, blonde, with piercing blue eyes. Emma had a weakness for blondes.
“What do you guys want?” Emma looked to the crowd.
After she had gathered what they tossed back and forth she looked to the waitress.
“Okay, can we get two pitchers of Bud, ten Jello-shots, three Jagger Bombs, four shots of Jack, one gin and juice and………what’s your favorite drink?”
“I don’t know, I have a few”
“Well then, I’ll have one of the few” Emma grinned.
She turned to face her friends after the waitress had left. Carlos was looking at her smiling with his hands out.
“How do you do that!? Teach me”, he said.
Emma laughed, “You’re stupid Carlos. Teach you what? How to order drinks?”
“Wow, just like that huh?” Chris said a few minutes later. Emma didn’t know Chris; he had come with Trey who said he was cool.
“That was a quick order” he finished.
Emma turned around puzzled to see the waitress coming with their drinks. She asked how much they owed her and handed her a bill. The waitress station was next to where they were, so Emma walked over with her. She handed Emma her change and she thanked her for bringing their drinks so quickly, dropping a tip on her tray.
“Anything else?” she asked.
“I think we’re good for now, you can come back in five minutes if you want.” Emma grinned.
“Five it is” she smiled back at her.
Emma returned with a “Teach me” once again from Carlos. “You are such a fool”, she said shaking her head and picking up her drink.

As they sat around drinking their drinks, shouting above the noise and watching their friends that had wandered onto the dance floor, Emma felt a hand run over her shoulder. She looked at the hand for recognition, but had none. She looked up to see the waitress.
“Are you still good?” she asked.
Emma looked around to check all the drinks. “Yeah, I think we’re good for now. I could use another one of those few though”.
She grinned, “Alright, I’ll be right back”.
Emma wasn’t sure why she was attempting to flirt with her. Was it being stood up once again by Allyse? Was it the random call from her ex that aroused some sort of anger and longing in her? She wasn’t the flirty type, especially when it came to random people, and even more so random people at a bar, waitress or not. She interrupted her thinking and looked around the bar hoping she’d see Allyse.
“Here you go sweetie”, the waitress said handing her a drink.
“Oh, thanks. How much do I owe you?”
“This one is on me”
“That’s okay”
“No, it’s cool”
“Alright, then here” Emma handed her a tip.
“Looking for someone?”
“Not really. I was supposed to run into someone, but it wasn’t really a set thing”
“Oh, girlfriend?”
Emma laughed, “no”
“What’re you drinking?” Danielle asked throwing her arm around Emma.
“Um, I’m not sure, it’s tasty though” she offered it up to her.
“Come dance with us Em!” Danielle demanded.
“I should get back to work”, the waitress said.
“I’ll try to catch you again after I’m done being tortured”, Emma said with a grin.
“Sure” she replied.

Emma had the feeling the waitress got the wrong idea of Danielle. She shared her drink with Danielle and then was dragged to the dance floor. Emma squeezed her way in between Lisa and Brenda, who were thrilled by her appearance.
“This music sucks” Lisa said after a few moments.
“You should punk the DJ Em and make him play the CD in my car” Brenda suggested.
“Why do you guys always make me do the dirty work?” Emma asked.
“Aw, come on Em, you do it so well” said Lisa.
“Fine, give me your keys” she said with her hand out towards Brenda.
She made her way through the crowd to the door.

“Where are you going?” Emma heard from behind her.
“What’s up Trey? The girls want me to punk the DJ”.
“Oh, you always have to punk the DJ!”
“I know! That’s what I said! Where’s your friend?”
“Chris? I don’t know, somewhere with his girlfriend”
“Oh, for real? I didn’t know he came with a girl”
“Yep. Do you want me to go with you?”
“No, it’s alright. Thanks though.”
“See you back inside then...”
“Yep”

Emma headed towards Brenda’s car, where she saw a group of guys standing around.
“Great” she thought. Guys always harassed her.
She went to the opposite side of the car the guys were standing. She got in the car ignoring the comments they were making. She found the CD and rolled her eyes, not wanting to exit.
“Hey baby” one of them said.
She ignored them and locked the car.
“Are you too good to talk to us?” another asked.
Emma shot them a look and turned to walk back to the bar.
“Maybe too much of a dyke” they all joined in laughter.
She stopped and turned in her tracks.
“Maybe I just don’t talk to assholes”
“Maybe just too much of a dyke” one reiterated.
“And what makes me a dyke? The fact that I won’t talk to you? Or my jeans? You’re just mad because you couldn’t pull them off if you tried. No matter how I was dressed you would still try to hit on me. I could be wearing a trash bag, as long as you saw boobs, right? And the correct word you’re looking for is ‘lesbian’. You’ve obviously never seen a dyke.”
“You’ve obviously never seen a dick”
“I’m looking at four right now”
One started to walk closer to her. “You have a problem dyke?”
“Yeah, actually I do. Ignorant people like you and your friends. Why don’t you just go back over to the dark shadows and hide? Or is this all the action you can get tonight?”
“What’s up Em?” she heard someone say approaching from the side.
She looked over to see Kay, her boyfriend Sunny, and Marie.
“Nothing, this guy was just complimenting me on my jeans” Emma said with a smug look on her face.
“Whatever” he said heading back towards his friends.
“It’s cool, lets go, I have a DJ to punk”, Emma laughed.
They headed towards the bar.
“I didn’t know you guys were coming” Emma said.
“Yeah, Danielle called us and told us to come. She said it was pretty hot tonight” Kay answered.
“Are you okay?” Marie asked.
“Yeah, I’m cool. Those guys were just being drunken assholes. Forget about it, lets go have fun”
They went inside and Emma led them to the table they were all sitting at.
“I’ll be right back”, she said, walking towards the DJ booth.
“Hey, do you think I can get you to play a couple songs?” she asked the DJ.
“It depends, what is it?”
“Some E-40, Mister Fab and Mac Dre.”
“Sure, just write down the numbers. It will be a few though, I have two other songs lined up”
“Good deal, thanks”
She walked back to their table and told her friends what the DJ said.
“I’m going to go smoke, anyone want to join me?” Lisa asked.

The group headed outside, while Emma opted to stay and save their table. She was looking at her phone trying to decide if she should call Allyse or not. “She probably wouldn’t answer if I did call anyways; she hardly ever answers my calls.” Emma thought to herself.
“Hey, you need a drink?”. Emma looked up to see the waitress smiling at her. “Where did all your friends go?”
“They went outside to smoke. They’re waiting for the DJ to play our CD.”
“Oh, you don’t smoke?”
“Not really, I’m not drunk enough yet”, they both laughed.
“You look kind of glum”
“Do I? My bad, I’m cool.”
“Are you sure?”
“Yeah” Emma smiled at her.
“Drink?”
“Oh, right. Can I get a Spider Bite and um…twenty Jello-shots? And can you take a shot to the DJ…whatever he drinks.”
“Sure”, she said running her hand across Emma’s shoulder as she left.
Emma looked back at her phone and sighed as she put it in her pocket. “I really need to just get her out of my head”, she thought. “Get Stupid” by Mac Dre came on and Emma looked back toward the smoking area. Just as she suspected the girls where heading in.
“Come on Em, you have to dance!” Lisa said passing her to the dance floor.
“I’m waiting on drinks, I’ll be there in a minute”
“You better” Brenda said.
Danielle kissed Emma’s cheek as she passed.
“How cute” the waitress said setting the order down.
“What?”
“Your girlfriend”
Emma laughed, “She isn’t my girlfriend. She’s just my friend and she’s actually straight”
“Could have fool me”, Carlos said sitting down.
“Don’t you have a bull to ride Carlos?” Emma asked handing money to the waitress.
“I already rode it”
“That’s what you said last time we were here, I have yet to actually see it!”
“Alright! I’ll do it again!”
“Here, have some Jello, then go”
The waitress set Emma’s change down on the table and walked away. “Hey” she called after her.
“Yes?”
“You forgot your tip”
“You don’t need to tip me anymore, you’ve tipped me a lot already, I feel bad”
“Why would you feel bad? The tips are supposed to make running around like a slave worth it, right?”
“Well, yeah, but…..I’m not letting you tip me anymore”
Emma threw a tip on her tray anyway. “So, do I get to know your name or should I just keep referring to you as ‘our waitress’?”
“Jen” she replied with a grin.
“Nice to meet you Jen, I’m”
“Em? I caught that”
“Oh” Emma blushed.
“Jen your order is ready”, a guy said walking up behind her.
“Shit, I forgot! I’ve got to go,” she said rushing away.
“That’s my girlfriend”, the guy said.
“Okay, do you want an award or something?” Emma replied.
“Just letting you know”
“And you need to let me know why? She isn’t allowed to have a conversation?”
“Walk away” Carlos said waving his hand in a shooing motion, “walk away”.
“Oh my God, I swear if one more dumb guy says something to me!”
“What do you mean one more? What happened?”
“Nothing, I just ran into some drunk idiots outside when I went to get the CD. And now this guy? Why isn’t he checking his girl?”
“I know right.”
“Fuck it, Jello??”
Carlos and Emma ate a few Jello-shots, as some of their friends joined them.
“Have some Jello”, Emma offered.
“Em! You were supposed to come dance with us!” Lisa said as she approached.
“Sorry, I was waiting on my drinks”
“No you weren’t, you were probably flirting with that waitress” Brenda butted in.
“When do I ever flirt?” Emma asked.
“Actually, her boyfriend came over to talk to her” Carlos said laughing.
“Don’t you have a bull to ride Carlos?”
“Alright, alright, I’m going!” he said.
“Lets go dance baby” Danielle grabbed Emma by the hand.
She let Danielle lead her to the dance floor, followed by the rest of their dancing group. “Sideshow” came on and Jack popped up next to Emma. They always danced to that song together.
“Hey Jack, that guy over there is trying to out do us”
“What!? Where?”
“Don’t act like you don’t see him. Trying too damn hard. Show him how to do!”
Jack laughed and slid towards the guy.
“What’s he doing?” Danielle asked.
“Showing that guy how to really dance Bay” Emma replied dancing closer to her as they watched Jack put the guy to shame.

“Clowin!” Emma said giving Jack props as he rejoined them laughing.
“There, I danced, I’m out!” Emma said throwing up a peace sign as the song ended.
“Em! You didn’t dance with us!” Lisa said.
“Fine” Emma sighed as she joined Brenda and Lisa.
“I can’t dance to this song.” Emma laughed.
“Yes you can” Brenda said turning Emma towards her.
And she did, she got lost in the song. Or did she get lost in them? The song ended and Lisa stepped back fanning herself.
“I need to go outside”
“I’m with you” Brenda said.
“You guys are funny” Emma replied walking to the DJ booth to get Brenda’s CD.
“Hey, thanks for the shot” the DJ said.
“No problem, thanks for playing that.” she replied.

They all gathered around the table and finished the Jello-shots.
“It’s about last call, do you guys need anything else?” Jen asked walking up.
“You guys want anything?” Emma asked the group. “Are there Jello-shots left?” looking back at Jen.
“Yeah, how many do you want?”
“All of them!”, Trey blurted.
“You guys are too much” Jen laughed walking to the Jello bar.
“I got it this time Em” Trey said.
“I’ll let you” she grinned.
“Here you go” Jen set down her tray. “Sorry about earlier”
“Its cool. Your boyfriend didn’t bother me”
“Boyfriend? He is not my boyfriend."
“Oh, well, you should tell him that, that’s what he told me”
“Are you serious? Wow. Anyways, Em” she said with a smile. “Can I give you my number?”
“Uh, sure?”
“Are you going to call if I do?”
“Of course, why wouldn’t I?”
“I don’t know. You should call me in a few hours though, if it’s not too late for you.”
“It’s never too late, we usually stay up all night on Fridays” Carlos butted in.
“Carlos! Go ride the bull! I’m still waiting!” Emma laughed shaking her head.
“I already did! You were dancing!”
“Which was hot by the way”, Jen added.
“What?” Emma blushed.
“Yeah, I saw you. I would have needed to go outside like your friends”
She blushed harder. Jen grabbed Emma’s hand and wrote down her number.
“I need to go start cleaning up, but call me, k?”
“Alright” Emma managed to get out.
She went outside to find the girls. “Hey, come help us eat this Jello”.
“I thought we already did that?” Danielle asked.
“We did. Trey bought out the bar though, so we have like forty, sixty, I don’t know, but there’s a lot. And we’re about to bounce”.
They all stood around taking Jello-shots and talking.
“Damn Trey, why did you order so many?” Kay asked.
“It seemed like a good idea at the time” he answered laughing.
“Good thing you live close” Marie said.
“I do! Lets all go to my house! I have stuff to drink!” Trey suggested.
“We could, at least for awhile.” Sunny said looking around.
They all agreed and finished what was left of the Jello-shots. Emma glanced around to make sure no one was leaving anything behind. She was always the responsible one who did things like that. She followed everyone out and looked to where Jen was clearing a table. Jen looked over at the same time and waved. Emma patted the security guy’s shoulder as she passed by.
“You guys drive safe”, he said.
“But of course, have a good night” Emma replied smiling at him.

They all separated to different cars to head to Trey’s house.
“Em, sit back here with me” Danielle said as she climbed into Brenda’s car.
Emma looked at Lisa and shook her head as she climbed in the back. Danielle sat closer and put her head on Emma’s shoulder.
“You okay?” Emma asked looking down at Danielle as she smiled goofily.
“Perfect” she replied with a giggle.
“No more for Danielle tonight” she told Brenda and Lisa.
“Hey, that’s not fair!” she slurred out. “You’re comfy”
They all laughed at her.
They drove in silence, listening to the radio the rest of the way to Trey’s. As they waited in line to get through the gate, Emma’s phone rang. Danielle fished it out of Emma’s pocket before she had a chance to reach for it.
“Hello?” she answered.
“Is....did I call the wrong number?” Emma heard the person on the other end say.
“I don’t know, did you? Who are you trying to call?”
“Emma”
“Oh, then yes, you called the right number. She’s being my pillow right now and I” Emma grabbed the phone from her.
“Sorry, she’s drunk” she said.
“That’s okay”, the person said laughing. “What are you doing?”
Emma’s heart dropped when she realized it was Allyse and suddenly couldn’t speak.
“Em? Are you there?”
“Huh? Yeah, um…I’m at my friend Trey’s waiting to get in. What are you doing?”
“Nothing, I just got home.”
“Oh. Did you have a good night?”
“Yeah, it was alright I guess. Did you?”
“Yeah, for the most part. I was hoping to see you but…”
“But she talked to some blonde all night instead of dancing with me!” Danielle interrupted.
“Danielle, shh! Sorry” Emma laughed.
“Yeah, sorry about that. We went to the Wood but it seemed crowded, so we didn’t go in.”
“It wasn’t too bad. You should have called me, I would have came out or left or something…”
“I didn’t want to spoil your fun”
“You wouldn’t have spoiled anything. I really was hoping to see you”
“Aw...well maybe we can get together tomorrow?”
“That’d be cool, but is it really going to happen?”
“Why wouldn’t it?”
“It never does.....at least you called this time though”
The phone got silent and there was a long pause.
“Allyse?”
“Hm?”
Emma sighed, “sorry”
“Don’t be, you’re right. I should be the one who’s sorry”
“Don’t be, it’s alright.”
“Hey! Lets get some tacos!” Danielle blurted out.
Everyone laughed.
“Your friend is really drunk, huh?”
“Yeah, she had a few Jello-shots too many”
“I want more Jello!” Danielle blurted.
“Dan, get up” Emma said as the car was being parked.
“Why? I’m comfy!”
“Dan, get up. Lets go in Trey’s. You can be comfy on the couch. Come on”
“Do you want me to let you go?” Allyse asked.
“No, unless you want to go?”
“No, but if you need to help your friend…”
“I’m good at multitasking. Actually, hold up. Dan...I’m going to stand outside the car and finish talking to Allyse, then I’ll take you to the couch, k?” Danielle waved her hand at Emma. She got out of the car and covered Danielle with her jacket.
“Sorry”
“It’s okay. You’re a nice friend.”
“It’s what I do, someone has to take care of these people. So beautiful…. am I really going to get to see you tomorrow?”
“I hope so”
“Well, lets make it happen. We can do anything you want. I’m good, as long as I get to spend time with you”
“You’re so sweet.”
Emma didn’t know what to say to that. There was another pause.
“I’m sleepy”
“I can let you go so you can go to bed.”
“Okay, call me tomorrow babe”
“Alright....answer my call” she said with a teasing tone.
“I will” Allyse giggled.
“Alright, good night beautiful. Have sweet dreams”
“Thanks babe, good night”.
Victim all over again Emma fell. She stood against the car for a minute trying to figure out how she made her feel the way she does. “I really don’t get it! I don’t know what it is but I fall for her all over every time we talk. How does she make me melt like that!? I know I shouldn’t let it happen but she makes my heart feel so good! God she confuses me!” Emma thought to herself rubbing her head.
“You coming in Em?” Jack asked from a distance.
“Yeah...I’m coming. Let me get Danielle”
She opened the car door. “Dan, come on, lets go inside”
“Em…” Danielle said.
“What’s up?”
“You’re cute”
Emma laughed at her, “Dan, come on”.
“Alright, alright” she sat up.
Emma held out her hand to help her out of the car.
“Thanks” she said grinning in Emma’s face as she got out. “You really are cute though”.
“Thanks Danielle” she said shaking her head.

They walked into Trey’s house to find everyone with a drink in hand. Emma escorted Danielle to the couch and sat her down.
“Do you need anything?” she asked.
“Nope, just you”
“Dan....Dan...Dan…. stop flirting with me drunkie.” Emma said with a grin.
“Hey Emma! Come take a shot with me!” Trey yelled from across the room.
She slipped her hand out of Danielle’s and made her way across the room.
“Hey buddy!” Trey said putting his arm around her.
“What’s up”, she grinned.
“Look, everybody is at my house!” he said handing Emma a shot.
“I know”, she said with a slight laugh.
Trey had a tendency to drink too much and never knew when to quit. And no matter how hard anyone tried to convince him that he didn’t need anymore to drink, he insisted he wasn’t drunk and could drink more.
“Hey Amber, do you want a shot?” he asked to an approaching girl.
“Sure” she said.
Emma grabbed Trey’s shot and gave it to her.
“Hey, that’s mine!” Trey said erupting into a giggle. “That’s alright buddy! You can have it!”
Emma held her shot glass up to cheers the new comer.
“I’m Amber, Chris’s girlfriend”
“Oh, so you’re his girlfriend? I’m Emma”
“Nice to meet you.”
“Nice to meet you too.”
“I saw you dancing at the bar”
“How embarrassing! .....I didn’t see much of you or Chris at the bar”
“We were outside most of the time”
“That’d be why” she grinned.
“What’s up Sara”, Marie said bumping into Emma.
“What’s up Julie”, she said bumping her back.
“I thought you said your name was Emma?” Amber asked looking confused.
“It is”
“It’s an inside joke” Marie told her.
“Oh” she said still looking confused.
“We were at a kegger one time and decided since we didn’t know anyone there, we’d tell them random names. She was Julie and I was Sara. And I talked with a British accent anytime we talked to anyone.” Emma explained.
“It was hilarious!” Marie said.
“That’s funny. Did they really think you were British?”, she asked.
“Yeah, actually some kid introduced us to his friend as Julie and her British friend Sara” Emma and Marie laughed remembering how cool the kid thought it was.
“So what were those guys saying to you when we got to the bar?” Marie asked Emma.
“Nothing, I told you, they were just being drunk assholes”
“I know, but what did they say?”
“I don’t know. They were trying to hit on me, calling me baby and shit. Then one called me a dyke because I wouldn’t talk to them.”
“Are you serious? You should have said that! I would have kicked his ass!”
Emma laughed, “That’s why I didn’t say anything. It wasn’t that big of a deal. You know I can handle mines”
“I know, but still”
“What’s up guys”, said Kay walking up.
“Those guys called Em a dyke”, Marie said.
“The ones outside The Wood?”
“Yeah!”
“What! Why didn’t you say something?”
“Thanks Marie” Emma shot her a look. “It wasn’t a big deal” Emma replied, “lets take a shot”.
Emma walked around the counter and filled the shot glasses. She handed them out to the four surrounding the counter. They clanked their glasses and slammed back their shots. Emma got a glass out of the cupboard and filled it water. She excused herself and headed across the room.
“Here Danny”
“Huh? Oh, thanks!”
“You okay?”
“Yeah” she said handing the glass back to Emma.
“I’ll set it right here, in case you want some more”.
“Thanks Em”.

Emma sat down on the couch next to Danielle. She surveyed the room, watching her friends interact. Allyse entered her mind and she wondered if she was really going to see her or not. She took her phone out and played with it as she thought about things they could do if she did end up seeing her. Danielle laid down putting her head on Emma’s lap.
“Em, I’m hungry” Danielle said.
“What do you want?” Emma asked as she fixed Danielle’s hair so it wasn’t covering her face.
“I don’t care”
“Alright, I’ll get someone to make a run”

Emma got up and went out to the balcony where everyone was.
“Hey, who wants to make a food run? I’ll buy”
“I’ll go” Chris said.
“Really? Cool, I guess just go to Jack in the Box. Get whatever everyone wants, and then some extra burgers and tacos just in case. Make sure you get what Danny wants though.”
“Alright”

She handed him some money and headed back in where Marie and Kay were standing in the kitchen.
“What’s wrong?” Emma asked.
“I don’t like that Chris guy” Kay said.
“Why not?”
”I don’t know. He just keeps making comments and he grabbed my ass earlier”
“Oh for real?”
“Yeah, he grabbed mine too” Marie added.
“Why didn’t you say something?? Next time he says or does something tell me and I’ll put him in check” Emma said.
Emma leaned up against the wall and listened as the girls continued to talk.
“Heeey” Carlos said coming around the corner, “whoa, didn’t know you were there”
“Where’d you go?” Emma asked.
“Went to get beer with Sunny, sistah”
“Oh, sistah”
“haha, very funny. So are you going to call that girl or what?”
“Yeah, I was actually just thinking about doing that. Lets shotgun a beer first”
Carlos went to see if anyone else wanted to join them.
“I guess it’s just us and Sunny”, he said as he returned.
“That’s because no one else can hang”, stated Sunny turning the corner.

The three of them lined up and popped their cans. After a few seconds Emma threw her can into the sink.
“You guys aren’t done yet”, she laughed, “just kidding”.
“I don’t know how you guys can do that!” Marie exclaimed.
“It’s not hard”, Sunny burped, throwing his can into the sink as well.
“Alright, I guess I’m going to go make this call” Emma said excusing herself from the corner she was in.

She walked through the living room to check on Danielle. Danielle was lying in the exact position as when Emma got up; arms and legs hanging off the couch. Emma laughed to herself as she stepped out the front door. She sat on the steps and took out her phone. She stared at the number on her hand and began to dial.

“Hello?”
“Hi. Is this Jen?”
“Yeah, who’s this?”
“Emma”
“Oh! Hi! What are you doing?”
“Nothing, sitting at my friend’s. What are you doing?”
“Talking to my friend in the parking lot at the bar”
“Oh. What are you about to get into?”
“I don’t know. That’s what we were trying to figure out.”
“I see. Well….you could always just come kick it with us” Emma laughed.
“Okay”
“What?”
Jen returned the laugh, “Oh, were you not serious?”
“I was, but I didn’t think you’d want to”
“Why not? Is it okay if my friend comes too though?”
“No, you have to come alone” Emma snickered. “Of course, bring whoever you want”
Emma gave her directions to Trey’s house.
”Just call me when you get here and I’ll come let you through the gate”
“Alright, see you soon cutie”

After a few moments, Emma got up and went back inside.
“Is she coming?” Carlos asked as Emma came through the door.
“Damn Carlos!”
“What!? I was just wondering!”
“Yeah, her and her friend are coming…”
“You suck” Carlos playfully shoved her.
“You suck!” Emma laughed, returning his shove.

Emma walked to the kitchen to get a beer. She glanced towards the balcony where all the girls had gathered. She drank some of her beer and decided to join them.
“Hey good lookin’” Brenda said as Emma stepped out onto the balcony.
“What’s good” Emma grinned, “what are you guys up to out here? Plotting?”
“Yep, you know how we do” Brenda said with a wink to the rest of the girls.
Emma walked up behind Brenda and put her arms around her, placing her hands on the railing. Brenda welcomed the warmth of Emma’s body and pressed closer to her.
“Can I hit that?” Emma asked with a sly grin.
“I don’t know…can you?” Brenda returned.
“Oh, you know I can”
“You guys are bad” Lisa said.
“What? I was talking about her cigarette” Emma said with a giggle.
“Sure you were” Lisa rolled her eyes.
“Oh, is that what you were talking about?” Brenda asked lifting the cigarette to Emma’s mouth. Emma wrapped one of her arms around Brenda’s hips.
“I don’t think you could handle it” Emma grinned, playfully biting her neck.
“Mmm” Brenda licked her lips, “I think I can”.
“ugh! Do you guys see this??” Lisa asked turning towards the other girls.
They all looked over to see Emma with both arms wrapped around Brenda’s hips and her chin resting on her shoulder, leaned towards her neck.
“Looks pretty hot to me” Kay said with a shrug.
“Aww, we’re just fucking with you Lisa” Emma said.
“Don’t be jealous” Brenda teased.
Lisa gave Brenda a dirty look and jumped as Emma’s phone rang.
“Hello?”
“Hey” Jen said.
“Are you here?”
“Yes we are”
“Alright, I’ll be right down” Emma said and then ended the call.
“She’s not my type anyways”, Emma said jokingly to Lisa as she kissed Brenda on the cheek. Brenda elbowed her softly in the stomach.
“I’ll be back”, Emma said and turned to leave.

Emma made her way down the stairs and found Chris on his way back from the food run. “If you set some of that down, I’ll get it. I just have to go open the gate really quick”, Emma offered.
“That’s alright, I’ve got it” Chris said.
“Alright, thanks for doing that”
“No problem, thanks for buying”
“No problem” Emma laughed.
Emma arrived at the gate, greeted with a bright smile from Jen and her guest.
“Hello ladies”
“Hey sexy” Jen said back.
Emma blushed and told them where to park. She made her way to their car and led them in.
“So, what are you guys up to here?” Jen asked.
“Not much, listening to music, drinking” Emma shrugged.
“You guys are still drinking!? Oh man”
“What can I say? We know how to drink” Emma grinned. “Hi, I’m Emma”, she said looking past Jen to her friend.
“Oh, sorry! Brit, this is Em, Em Brit.”
Emma smiled and reached around Jen to shake Brittany’s hand. “Nice to meet you”.
“Nice to meet you too” she said returning her smile.

I haven't finished that chapter yet, but that's all I've got so far. I know it needs major revising, but like I said....I was just trying to get some feed back on what I had thus far so I know whether or not to keep going with the idea.....

Last edited by Lezbyterian on Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:07 pm; edited 8 times in total

Post Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:55 am 
Allison

Lzby.............welcome to the story boards. You simply must continue this story and soon Wink

Alli

Post Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:44 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Lezbyterian

Thanks Alli *grin*

Post Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:39 pm 
mobomo12

keep it going.

Post Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:34 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: