BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> General board

Life Story

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
OompaLoompa13

Life Story

They say life doesn't start until you've lived it awhile. Until you've stood in someone elses shoes. Until you've looked "at it" through someone elses eyes. Well, considering you can't do any of these things, why is it so bad to do all of these things on your own. Like, look at life though your own eyes, walk in your own shoes. How are you suppose to live if you don't do it on your own?

With that being said, why is people always insisting trying things their way? Yeah, sure, it workds for them, but your not them. You're an individual that breathes, laughs, cries, and feels other emotions on your own. Living life is about living YOUR life. Not living someone elses. because that person thinks its a good idea.

When you breathe, who do you breathe for? You, right? So, why would you do it for someone else. Unless your pregnant, breathing for two ppl is just insane. When you walk down the street, who's shoes are you wearing? Hopefully yours. Why would you wak for two ppl if you yourself aren't getting anywhere?

In the years I've been alived I have learned a few things. The one thing I've learned is if you move too fast you miss it all. I remember when I was 21, and I thought I had my life ahead of me. Then, I turned around and somehow, 10 years had passed me by. Girlfriends had come and gone, and all of a sudden I felt old. I felt worn out, like I had done one marathon after another and didn't slow down in between. So, what now, you ask. Well, life caught up to me, threw me to the ground until I started thinking better. See, life isn't about what you do in it, as long as you do it. It's not about the money you make or the people that dwindle in and out of it, as long as you're there. Because if you're not there for anything good or bad, then you've missed it all, and thats called existing, not living. Whatching the world go by on a porch of broken dreams.

Life is just this, growing up, listening to parents that will nag you until your at least fifteen, because that's their job. And when you finally become a teenager, your parents are going to do one of two things, finally let you do a little on your own, or they are going to try and put a choke hold on you. Then, before you know it, you're old, and wondering where your life went. And just as that thought crosses your mind you look over at your wife or life partner and realize that your life has been sitting next to you the entire time you've been reading this. Now isn't that something.............?

Post Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:10 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
lake_eyes

hi

that was great, atty. i love the way you state things.

Post Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:18 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: