lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
poem book, book of poetry, rhyme, rhymes, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, lesbian poems, lesbian poetry book, lesbian poem book, 
lesbian book of poems, lesbian book of poetry, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian publication, lesbian poem publication, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
poem book, book of poetry, rhyme, rhymes, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, lesbian poems, lesbian poetry book, lesbian poem book, 
lesbian book of poems, lesbian book of poetry, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian publication, lesbian poem publication, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Poetic Form and Technique

Crowned (#44 Lento)

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Eiregirl

Crowned (#44 Lento)

What is a Lento…
A Lento is a form of poetry created by Lencio Rodrigues that is made up of two quatrains with a fixed base rhyme scheme.

Structure…
A Lento has a minimum of two quatrains with a fixed end rhyme scheme of abcb, defe and a first word rhyme of AAAA, BBBB. There is no fixed metre or syllable length but as always keep a good flow. The Lento can be taken further by having an end rhyme of abab, cdcd. The Lento can also be written as a double Lento by adding two more stanza’s or a triple Lento by adding four more stanza’s.

The creator of this form recommends that the lines should be more or less the same length and that each line should be able to stand on its own. (basically this means that you should keep each line within a couple of syllables of each other)

Axxxxxa
Axxxxxb
Axxxxxc
Axxxxxb

Bxxxxxd
Bxxxxxe
Bxxxxxf
Bxxxxxe

OR

Axxxxxa
Axxxxxb
Axxxxxa
Axxxxxb

Bxxxxxc
Bxxxxxd
Bxxxxxc
Bxxxxxd

The syllable length above is only for an example. Remember the line length and metre can be whatever you want it to be.

History…
This form was created by Lencio Rodrigues in 2005. In the words of the person who created this form of poetry…“I had a dream about creating this form, exactly the way it is. This happens to most of my writing. As the name suggests, it is taken from my first name Lencio and rhymed to Cento, an existing form of poetry.” Lencio Rodrigues

While Lencio has every right to name this form however they see fit I feel that I should point out that this form has absolutely nothing to do with a Cento. For a description of a cento see entry #13.

Now my poem…

Crowned

In the mists of winters cool bliss.
Thin rays of light shine upon the ground.
Within the forest something’s amiss.
Then it is heard…a new queen is crowned.

Fall has given way to winters splendor.
Tall oaks now stand bare of their leaves.
Call out to all to receive a touch so tender.
All will gather around as fall grieves.

Post Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: