BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Help Tips and Forum Issues....

Deleted Post

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sunny

Deleted Post

I recently discovered that one of my posts to the Submissions board was deleted, I assume because it was the unfortunate victim of a spam attack. I sincerely appreciate all the wonderful work the moderators are doing to keep this site as spam-free as possible, but am dismayed that, in this case, it was at the expense of one of Eire's poems that I felt worthy of submission. Might it be possible, if in the future a legitimate post needs to be deleted due to a spam attack, that the author of the original post be notified so that they may repost? Thanks for continuing to keep Mels a wonderful place.

Sunny Cool
All poems posted by Sunny: ©2006 - 2007 Sunny (UN: Sunny at melswebs.com). All rights reserved. Any unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited. In other words, if you want to copy it, you need to get Sunny’s permission first.

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:41 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
ghost

hi sunny!!

long time no talk.

hmmm. did you click on a link that you received via e-mail from mels? the ones that say there has been a reply to your post? and did that link then say "topic requested does not exist?" if so, it is just that particular reply that was deleted. have you checked the submissions section for your original post? i cannot think that the original post would be involved. unless there was some serious misunderstanding.

in any case, sorry about that, should not have happened. please let me know if you can what particular poem it referred to?

note to the members about the spammers. we are trying to keep the boards clean, but obviously we cannot read every single thread on every single topic everyday. if you do come across a spammer on the boards, please let a mod know. that particular reply or their post (if it is a new one) will then be edited by a mod, so that we can track the ip address first before banning that member.

thanks all for your help!

regards
ghost

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:34 am 
Sunny

Hi Ghost,
Great to see your presence here! You've been missed. My original post was one I submitted to the Poetry Submissions board back when it was first activated. The poem I had submitted was Eire's "Love". It got spammed pretty bad a while ago and there were a few spirited responses to the spammer from a few members, including me. My original post as well as the string has vaporized. I've since reposted it, but it was mere coincidence that I discovered its disappearance. I would hate for this poem to have slipped through the cracks since it's one of my all time favorites of Eire's.

The spammers are getting rather obnoxious and I applaud all the work you and the rest of the moderators are doing to keep them at bay. I do hope, however, somehow we'll be able to keep their garbage from resulting in the lost of legit posts.

Thank you for all you and the rest of the moderators are doing to keep Mel's such a fabulous place.

Sunny Cool
All poems posted by Sunny: ©2006 - 2007 Sunny (UN: Sunny at melswebs.com). All rights reserved. Any unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited. In other words, if you want to copy it, you need to get Sunny’s permission first.

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: