poetry block, lesbian, block, writers block, poetic block, lesbian poetry block, inspiration, poetic inspiration, poetry inspiration,
poem inspiration, lesbian writers block, lesbian inspiration, poety generators, poem generators, poem generator, poetry generator poetry block, lesbian, block, writers block, poetic block, lesbian poetry block, inspiration, poetic inspiration, poetry inspiration,
poem inspiration, lesbian writers block, lesbian inspiration, poety generators, poem generators, poem generator, poetry generator poetry block, lesbian, block, writers block, poetic block, lesbian poetry block, inspiration, poetic inspiration, poetry inspiration,
poem inspiration, lesbian writers block, lesbian inspiration, poety generators, poem generators, poem generator, poetry generator
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Poetry block

Having quite a block...
Goto page 1, 2  Next
LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
DanceofSorrows

Having quite a block...

Well, let me start by saying that I have been challanging myself in the writing aspect. I am trying to write beyond what I normally would, some projection and some not. At some points fitting myself into different styles of writing. But I feel stuck. I want to get to the core, raw of every emotion and experience but want to go beyond that to what I can. In other words, playing actor in writing. It is not working too well.

Sigh... I think my esteem level in real is effecting writing. What other reasons are there for writers block? Anyone know???

Dance~

Post Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:38 am 
melons
Site Admin

Inspiration.....if the inspiration is lacking then writers block will raise its ugly head and if you try to force the words they may become unnaturally hard to find...(did that make sense?)

I usually watch the clouds for inspiration. They really are fascinating and if you just let your mind wander when watching them its amazing what images come to mind and from there inspiration can unfold.

You're writing is really great and you shouldn't have any problems with esteem with regards to your writing abilities Smile

luv'n'stuff,

Mel Cool

Post Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:52 pm 
DanceofSorrows

((Mel))

You and Tigs are an inspiration...this site is an inspiration...the people on here are an inspiration...no need to look further my friend Wink

Feeling inspired~

Dance

Post Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:30 am 
Linda Bray

Dance,
Fear is another blocker. Being afraid to show the true you, afraid of what others may think. Afraid of being vulnerable,
afraid to share true feelings
and emotions to reach deep inside and be perfectly honest, with yourself and with others. At least I have it in myself...So I don't know just food for thought.
Peace,
Linda

Post Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
DanceofSorrows

You are right Linda, fear is a big blocker. I didn't think I was afraid but something to think about. Thanks for your feedback hun.

Dance~

Post Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:54 am 
Jack Napes

quote:
playing actor in writing

You will either do this or write from personal experience.
It may not be that the words aren't there, its just a question of putting them together so as to make them presentable to others and have them also be to your satisfaction. When I write, sometimes it's a 'streaming' experience where I don't have to worry about assembling or editing my work that much, if at all. At other times when I'm feeling "blocked", I simply don't write. I read more in these times and it never fails to cause a rebirth in me. In other words, I find that a block merely means you've completed one phase of your writing experience and you are now ready to move on to the next plateau.

Wave to me when you reach the summit.
Don't worry.
There are enough literary mountains to climb to last a lifetime!

....Jack Napes Cool

(Jack is now at poetryboard.info )

Post Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:48 am 
DanceofSorrows

Jack,

Seems to me you hit a nerve, smile. I am realizing over the past few months I have unwittingly cornered the things I will write about and things I haven't even touched yet from experience but have been unwilling or resistant. Then it comes out in sloppy chunks of words lol. Anyhow thanks for your response hun~

Dance~

Post Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:25 pm 
melons
Site Admin

hey dance, I have read many of your works on here and none of it ever comes out as 'sloppy chunks of words,' honestly. Smile

I think your writing abilities are brilliant.

Hope you are ok,

hugs....

mel xo

Post Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:26 pm 
DanceofSorrows

Mel,

As they say, fake it till you make it Wink lol

Thanks for your feedback and the lift hun!

Muahhh

Dance~

Post Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:07 pm 
Mairi bheag

Re: Having quite a block...

quote:
Originally posted by DanceofSorrows:
Well, let me start by saying that I have been challanging myself in the writing aspect. I am trying to write beyond what I normally would, some projection and some not. At some points fitting myself into different styles of writing. But I feel stuck. I want to get to the core, raw of every emotion and experience but want to go beyond that to what I can. In other words, playing actor in writing. It is not working too well.

Sigh... I think my esteem level in real is effecting writing. What other reasons are there for writers block? Anyone know???

Dance~

You are stretching yourself, and that is good! Don't despair, DO keep trying to write beyond what you normally would, and DO try different styles. If you fail - so what? She who never tried never succeeded!

Playing actor in writing can work, but you have to be a method actor to effect this. Try this: take a theme and write two poems about it; write one in the first person, having got under the skin of the person who is "speaking"; write the next in the third person, not to be detached from it but to express what is seen. Does that make sense? Have a try.

I have suggested to another poet that she should get a notebook and scribble in it. No idea is wasted, and if you don't come up with a finished article every time, so what. You might return to it later.

I have an unfinished novella (blocked), several unfinished stories (blocked), and a swarm of poems buzzing unwritten in my head (how much can I say to one woman?), so I know all about blocks!

M

Post Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:51 am 
Erin Monahan

Well I'm seriously late to this conversation, but my anti-block advice is, and always will be: read. It doesn't matter whether you read poetry, or a novel, sci-fi, fantasy, mystery or erotica, just read!

Let the words, imagery and ideas of someone whose words WERE working sink into your brain, stir them around, let them marinate, and they will almost always, for me anyway, translate into something distinctly my own.

Authors/poets that always work for me:
Tom Robbins,
Stephen King,
Dean Koontz,
Pablo Neruda,
absolutely any Arabic poetess (their words are always as beautiful as their eyes, and yes, I think Arabic women, and their eyes lol, are amazingly gorgeous!)

Post Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:12 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
DanceofSorrows

Mari & Erin,

As you can see I am quite behind in response...nevertheless reading the responses are still gems and apprechiated. And truly both of what you had to say is beneficial, as I think about it and come back in different moods. What a wonderful thing about posting...there are the words again in translation, tattoo'd on the web. Thank you for contributing to this.

Dance~

Post Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:40 pm 
Jack Napes

Miss Dance.....

I'd play "blocks" with you anytime!

( Your rug or mine? Rolling Eyes )

Love from Jack..... Cool

(Jack is now at poetryboard.info )

Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:23 am 
Forgottenangel1764

The Block of A Lifetime

A few years back I couldn't sit my pen down. .almost everything I wrote had a poetic ring. Then I started to get on the "I should write a book" kick. Of course, I knew, I wouldn't be wrting a book of poetry. It doesn't sell in this day and age. I began a historical fiction but stumbled upon a misconception that I should be a college educated woman before I attempt at a book. My writing took a downward slope from that point. After I realized that college doesn't actually equal creation, I found my ease lost. As the years went by it got harder and that brings me to now; where my hand itches to be active but my brain is kept at perpetual ease. It's frustrating. .I find the only action my hand gets. .well, okay, let's not go there. .is my journal writing. I am at a loss. How does one inspire?. .maybe I should surround myself with artist friends as I had once done so long ago..maybe my talent fed off of them. .or maybe. .you grow up and the quickness of imagination fades away as ones belief in fairy tales. I miss the feeling of satisfaction with the birth of my own creation. I want that knack back. .any suggestions? HELP!!

Post Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:32 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Mairi bheag

I had never written a poem - well maybe one or two feeble ones - until I arrived here at this site. Suddenly I started rattling them off, and some of them weren't bed. Maybe this place will work for you too.

Mb
xx

PS, you can see some of mine by clicking the links below

Post Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:37 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: