lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
poem book, book of poetry, rhyme, rhymes, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, lesbian poems, lesbian poetry book, lesbian poem book, 
lesbian book of poems, lesbian book of poetry, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian publication, lesbian poem publication, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
poem book, book of poetry, rhyme, rhymes, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, lesbian poems, lesbian poetry book, lesbian poem book, 
lesbian book of poems, lesbian book of poetry, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian publication, lesbian poem publication, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Poetic Form and Technique

The Moon (#34 Nonet)

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Eiregirl

The Moon (#34 Nonet)

What is a Nonet poem?

A Nonet is a nine line poem that contains a total of 45 syllables. The first line contains nine syllable, the second eight syllables and it continues on down to the ninth line which contains one syllable. There is no other rules of meter or rhyme to this form of poetry. However you can set rules to it if you wish for you poem. You can set meter or rhyme to it as long as you remain within the set syllable structure of the poem.

Note – There have been other poems we have discussed that are very similar to this such as the Tetractys.

The syllabic structure is as follows (each X represents one syllable)

line 1 XXXXXXXXX
line 2 XXXXXXXX
line 3 XXXXXXX
line 4 XXXXXX
line 5 XXXXX
line 6 XXXX
line 7 XXX
line 8 XX
line 9 X

I could not find any historic or further information on this form of poetry so we will move on to…

My poem…
The Moon

She rose with the setting of the sun,
and granted her light to the night.
Her rays shown down from above,
sparkling down from the sky.
Softly caressing,
in the dark night.
Across the,
sky she,
glides.

Post Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:14 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Flapdoodle-fox

Eire,

me is thinking that you must be some kind of teacher in this subject, if not you damn well should be. Thankyou so much for all your kind instructions which are clearly communicated. I had no idea that there were so many forms of poetry and I for one have learnt loads from your brilliant section and continue to learn more with each browse, unfortunately my brain can't take in too much at a time but I will be regularly checking this section.

kind regards
Flap

Post Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:56 pm 
Eiregirl

Flapdoodle,

I thank you very very much for that wonderful reply. I hope you continue to visit this section and that each time you visit you find something new and interesting to take with you.

Hugs,
Eiregirl Arrow

Post Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: