lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
poem book, book of poetry, rhyme, rhymes, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, lesbian poems, lesbian poetry book, lesbian poem book, 
lesbian book of poems, lesbian book of poetry, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian publication, lesbian poem publication, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
poem book, book of poetry, rhyme, rhymes, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, lesbian poems, lesbian poetry book, lesbian poem book, 
lesbian book of poems, lesbian book of poetry, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian publication, lesbian poem publication, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Poetic Form and Technique

Nature of love (#32 Palindrome)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Eiregirl

Nature of love (#32 Palindrome)

What is Palindrome Poetry?

A palindrome also known as mirrored poetry, by definition, is a word, phrase, verse, sentence, or even poem that reads the same
forward or backward.

Structure…
There are different ways to write a palindrome. Most are used as word play with the mirrored form being the most commonly used for writing palindrome poems.

Single word form…where the word is the same forward and backward such as the word noon.
Character form…is were a sequence of words read the same forward or backwards such as…too far away, no mere clay or royal ceremony, a war afoot.
Line form…where a sentence can be read the same forward and backward such as…Fall leaves after leaves fall.
Mirrored form…is like the poem written below and this is the most common form of palindrome used in writing poetry.
You can even have palindromes that use sound…

The main thing to know in writing this form of poetry is to try to have what is written make some sense when read forward and when read backwards.

Other than the poem being able to be read forward and backwards there are no other rules.

If you think you would like to try this form…I dare you to try writing a poem using the character form…make that a six line poem. Twisted Evil

A little history…
Palindromes stem from the Greek word palindromos: palin, meaning back, and dromos, meaning way or direction. The first known publication (published work) of palindromic poetry was in 1802 by a Grecian named Ambrose Heiromonarchus Paperes titled “Ethopoiia Karkinike”. While this is the first known publication (in today’s sense of the word) it is far from the first use of a palindrome which can be traced back over two thousand years to Greece where the inscription "Nipson anomemata me monan opsin"), meaning "Wash the sins, not face alone" can be found on ancient fountains.

Now my poem…

Nature of love
(© 2006 Aoibhegréine)

Love and nature,
go hand in hand,
walking slowly alone.
Trees standing tall,
touching falling rain,
clouds floating above.
Images of nature,
love of nature,
nature of,
love,
of nature,
nature of love,
nature of images.
Above floating clouds,
rain falling touching,
tall standing trees.
Alone slowly walking,
hand in hand go,
nature and love.

Post Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:59 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
ghost

eire

in case i never told you before...

you have an awesome talent.

thanks for sharing it with us.

regards
ghost

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:50 am 
desert-fish

i tried

deleted

Last edited by desert-fish on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:31 am; edited 2 times in total

Post Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:41 pm 
ghost

excellent, pale.

regards
ghost

Post Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:57 pm 
Sunny

Eire,
Thanks so much for the knowledge you share here as well as your word bouquets. As for your palindrome, you continue to amaze me with your ability to say so much with so few words. Beautiful!

Pale, wonderful examples of palindromes - incredible!

Sunny Cool
All poems posted by Sunny: ©2006 - 2007 Sunny (UN: Sunny at melswebs.com). All rights reserved. Any unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited. In other words, if you want to copy it, you need to get Sunny’s permission first.

Last edited by Sunny on Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:42 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Eiregirl

quote:
Originally posted by ghost:
eire

in case i never told you before...

you have an awesome talent.

thanks for sharing it with us.

regards
ghost

ghost,

I thank you very much and you know I love your support for this section. Very Happy

Hugs,
Eiregirl Arrow

Post Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:19 am 
Eiregirl

Pale,

That is wonderful and I thank you for giving it a try...how do you like it?
Gonna try some others?

Hugs,
Eiregirl

Post Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:22 am 
Eiregirl

quote:
Originally posted by seansun:
Erie,
Thanks so much for the knowledge you share here as well as your word bouquets. As for your palindrome, you continue to amaze me with your ability to say so much with so few words. Beautiful!

Pale, wonderful examples of palindromes - incredible!

Sunny Cool

Sunny,

I thank you very very much for visiting the Form section and thank you for you kind words...gonna give one a try?

Eiregirl Arrow

Post Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:31 am 
Sunny

Eire,
OK, I did suggest in a previous post in the feedback forum that I might take a shot at merging some raw emotions with truer poetic style. So, I've accepted your challenge (but, not the character form, yet anyhow...) and I thank you for feeding my intrigue with poetry. The Palindrome is actually fun to play with, but I think more coffee would have been helpful when trying to read backwards Wink
Here you go...

PASSION (Palindrome)

Together
Side by side, hand in hand
Savoring tender skin touching
Hearts pounding uncontrollably
Minds racing wildly
Butterflies fluttering inside
So wanting more.
Lips meet lips
Legs entwined, bodies merged
Passions building
Intimately celebrating two as one
Feeling heavenly.
Absolutely divine!
Devine…
Absolutely heavenly feeling,
One…
As two celebrating intimately building passions
Merged bodies, entwined legs
Lips meet lips
More…
Wanting so inside…
Fluttering butterflies
Wildly racing minds
Uncontrollably pounding hearts
Touching skin
Tender…
Savoring…
Hand in hand, side by side.
Together.

Sunny Cool

(edited once by the spelling police)
All poems posted by Sunny: ©2006 - 2007 Sunny (UN: Sunny at melswebs.com). All rights reserved. Any unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited. In other words, if you want to copy it, you need to get Sunny’s permission first.

Last edited by Sunny on Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:37 pm 
desert-fish

That's fantastic sunny, I really found that hard.
Eire, I'll try something else next time i think

Post Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:04 pm 
Sunny

Why thank you, Pale. You may have found it hard, but you did a fabulous job of it. I've had this darned style chewing at me for the past couple of days Confused - having fun with it though...
Here's another stab at it...

FINALLY

Emerge, butterflies of love.
My peace and joy finally released,
Delight shared together.
Fearlessly, freely dancing and flying.
Higher…
Higher…
Flying and dancing freely.
Fearlessly together, shared delight released.
Finally, joy and peace.
My love of butterflies…
Emerge.

Sunny Cool

Post Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:47 pm 
Eiregirl

quote:
Originally posted by pale mirage:
That's fantastic sunny, I really found that hard.
Eire, I'll try something else next time i think

Pale,

That is wonderful and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Hugs,
Eiregirl Arrow

Post Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:03 am 
Eiregirl

quote:
Originally posted by seansun:
Eire,
OK, I did suggest in a previous post in the feedback forum that I might take a shot at merging some raw emotions with truer poetic style. So, I've accepted your challenge (but, not the character form, yet anyhow...) and I thank you for feeding my intrigue with poetry. The Palindrome is actually fun to play with, but I think more coffee would have been helpful when trying to read backwards Wink
Here you go...

PASSION (Palindrome)

Together
Side by side, hand in hand
Savoring tender skin touching
Hearts pounding uncontrollably
Minds racing wildly
Butterflies fluttering inside
So wanting more.
Lips meet lips
Legs entwined, bodies merged
Passions building
Intimately celebrating two as one
Feeling heavenly.
Absolutely divine!
Devine…
Absolutely heavenly feeling,
One…
As two celebrating intimately building passions
Merged bodies, entwined legs
Lips meet lips
More…
Wanting so inside…
Fluttering butterflies
Wildly racing minds
Uncontrollably pounding hearts
Touching skin
Tender…
Savoring…
Hand in hand, side by side.
Together.

Sunny Cool

(edited once by the spelling police)

Sea,

That is very good and I like it Smile
Thank you very much for sharing it.

Perhaps you could post it in the emotional section as well.
That goes for you also Pale.

Those are very good writes by both of you.

Eiregirl Arrow

Post Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:05 am 
desert-fish

darn this is addictive

deleted

Last edited by desert-fish on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:32 am; edited 3 times in total

Post Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:49 pm 
Sunny

Hey Pale,
Seems the Palindrome is perhaps an addiction for you as well. As a fellow smoker I totally relate (as I take a contemplative drag while reading this thread). This poetic form is sort of like one of those songs in your head that just won't go away, huh? Thanks for another delightful write Exclamation

Sunny Cool

Post Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:12 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: