lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
poem book, book of poetry, rhyme, rhymes, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, lesbian poems, lesbian poetry book, lesbian poem book, 
lesbian book of poems, lesbian book of poetry, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian publication, lesbian poem publication, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
poem book, book of poetry, rhyme, rhymes, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, lesbian poems, lesbian poetry book, lesbian poem book, 
lesbian book of poems, lesbian book of poetry, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian publication, lesbian poem publication, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Poetic Form and Technique

Cloud watching and Down the path (#26 Etheree)

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Eiregirl

Cloud watching and Down the path (#26 Etheree)

What is an Etheree?
An Etheree is a poetic form that consists of 10 lines of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 syllables. An Etheree can also be reversed, doubled, tripled and so on.

Structure…
The first line contains only one syllable and increases by one with each line up to ten syllables for the tenth line…the syllable count is as follows.
Single Etheree 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Reversed single 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

Double Etheree 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10, 9, 8, 7, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Reverse double 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Triple Etheree 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10, 9, 8, 7, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Reverse triple 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
I’m sure you get the idea…

History…
This form of poetry was created by Etheree Talyor Armstrong in the late 1970’s or early 1980’s.

Now my poem…umm in this case poems… giggle

Cloud watching

We
lay on
the fresh cut
grass arm in arm
as clouds float above.
I smile as you point to
a cloud and say that looks like
a bunny eating a carrot.
I look and tilt my head side to side
and say…maybe a dragon breathing fire

Down the path

Holding hands as we stroll along the path
We see birds in flight, flowers in bloom
Our little girl smells a flower
All along this path we walk
She runs from side to side
A bright smile she has
Ever present
On her face
Laughing
Love

Post Wed May 24, 2006 7:13 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
animaanna

Sweet and lovely... this form actually looks like fun... and I usually think poetry forms look like a lot of damn work, lol. If I ever lose my writers block, I will try this one. Hugs to you sweetie
J

Post Thu May 25, 2006 1:02 am 
Eiregirl

anima,

It is wonderful to hear from you again...thank you very much for your reply...and you should try one...I bet it would be wonderful Smile

Hugs,
Eiregirl Arrow

Post Fri May 26, 2006 5:14 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: