lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
poem book, book of poetry, rhyme, rhymes, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, lesbian poems, lesbian poetry book, lesbian poem book, 
lesbian book of poems, lesbian book of poetry, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian publication, lesbian poem publication, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
poem book, book of poetry, rhyme, rhymes, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, lesbian poems, lesbian poetry book, lesbian poem book, 
lesbian book of poems, lesbian book of poetry, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian publication, lesbian poem publication, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Poetic Form and Technique

Debra (#17 Rictameter-Types of poetry series)

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Eiregirl

Debra (#17 Rictameter-Types of poetry series)

Rictameter
What is a Rictameter?
It is a nine line poem that is similar to Cinquain (will be discussed later) and Tectractys (read about it in a former post). There is very little known (at least to me or in any of my poetry books) about this form or poetry other than it is a nine line lyrical poem with a syllabic structure that can either rhyme or not.

Structure…
The Rictameter has a syllabic structure of 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2 with the first and last lines being a single 2 syllable word. This form can be either rhymed or unrhymed. If it is rhymed there is no set rhyme scheme.

Now my poem...

Debra

Debra
Eyes all aglow
Lips ready for a kiss
Arms wrapped around me holding tight
Your warm body pressing firm into mine
Your hands rubbing against my back
Sliding down to my bum
Feel the touch of
Debra

Post Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:08 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
animaanna

This is lovely - I've tried the rictameter once - it is a fun one. How about a Quatern (spelling?) Unless you have already done it...I havent looked at all of them yet...

Hugs
Jillian

Post Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:49 pm 
Eiregirl

quote:
Originally posted by animaanna:
This is lovely - I've tried the rictameter once - it is a fun one. How about a Quatern (spelling?) Unless you have already done it...I havent looked at all of them yet...

Hugs
Jillian

Hugs anima tight...thank you for your reply.

The Quatern is coming up sometime Smile

Eirgirl Arrow

Post Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:56 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
irisheyes

Eiregirl
Very Happy
Thanks
Hugs to you and your loved one
Irisheyes

Post Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:30 am 
Eiregirl

Irish,

You are welcome Smile

Hugs to you and yours Wink

Eiregirl Arrow

Post Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:39 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: