lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
poem book, book of poetry, rhyme, rhymes, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, lesbian poems, lesbian poetry book, lesbian poem book, 
lesbian book of poems, lesbian book of poetry, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian publication, lesbian poem publication, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
poem book, book of poetry, rhyme, rhymes, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, lesbian poems, lesbian poetry book, lesbian poem book, 
lesbian book of poems, lesbian book of poetry, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian publication, lesbian poem publication, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Poetic Form and Technique

Eternal love (#3 Mirrored Refrain)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Eiregirl

Eternal love (#3 Mirrored Refrain)

For this installment in the series we have the Mirrored Refrain form of poetry.
This form uses the following format xaBA, xbAB, xaBA, xbAB and carrying on with the same format as long as you want but it should be a minimum of three quatrains and you don’t have to worry about metrical length. In this format the x line does not rhyme, a and A rhyme, b and B rhyme. The last two lines of the first quatrain are used throughout the poem and alternate back and forth…you will see this in the poem I have written below. It is my feeling that it would be ok to link multiple Mirrored Refrains together as one poem.

Sadly I know nothing more about this form of poetry than what I have written above so for this one there will be no history tidbit. Since there is no history tidbit with this one I will add something else…what does a poem say?
When you read a poem do you just read the words and take them for face value? If you do you should not.
What lies beneath the surface and between the lines…the range of emotion…the feeling of the words?
Can you see…can you feel, can you hear what is being said? A good poem takes you beyond the words…beyond the form and the rhythm and lets you feel the emotion of the poem. A great poem takes you into the poets mind and makes you feel what the poet felt as pen touched paper. Poetry is unique to the individual no matter what form is used…or no form at all. Every poem reflects an aspect of the poet even if the poet tries to deny it…the poem did not write itself.

As always...if there is anything you know and want to share about this form of poetry please let us know.

Eternal love

Can you see the look in my eye?
My love for you shining bright
Just you and me upon this earth
Twinkling like stars in the night

Within my eyes you can see my soul
Two souls now one…coupled from birth

With every look my love is seen
In the ethereal realm never dark always light

With every touch my love is known
Waiting…longing to be reunited upon our rebirth

(Edit #1 added type of poem to the subject line)

Last edited by Eiregirl on Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:44 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
animaanna

Oh I like this... very much. The lines chosen for refrain speak volumes all by themselves.

I'd like to see a kyrielle, as I have no idea what that is.

Also, I found a great column on types of poetry with examples the other day
http://allpoetry.com/Column/1606674

Great idea Eire.
Hugs
J

Post Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:28 pm 
Eiregirl

quote:
Originally posted by animaanna:
Oh I like this... very much. The lines chosen for refrain speak volumes all by themselves.

I'd like to see a kyrielle, as I have no idea what that is.

Also, I found a great column on types of poetry with examples the other day
http://allpoetry.com/Column/1606674

Great idea Eire.
Hugs
J

I thank you very much and I'm happy you like it...
I checked out the webpage and may use some information from it...thank you.

Hugs,
Evee

Post Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:43 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
ghost

hi there

sorry i have been remiss in replying, eire....

i like what you are doing here, and i am sure the more inexperienced poets are getting some very useful insights to poetry in general as well.

and i just have to tell you that i think you are a wonderfully talented poet, eire, keep it up!

regards
ghost

ps i have some examples of acrosticons, if you'd like to use them sometime.

Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:30 am 
Eiregirl

quote:
Originally posted by ghost:
hi there

sorry i have been remiss in replying, eire....

i like what you are doing here, and i am sure the more inexperienced poets are getting some very useful insights to poetry in general as well.

and i just have to tell you that i think you are a wonderfully talented poet, eire, keep it up!

regards
ghost

ps i have some examples of acrosticons, if you'd like to use them sometime.

ghost,
I thank you very much for your reply and compliments...hugsss.

I hope and believe that even experienced poets will learn and find something useful in this series of poems.

Hugging you tight and thanking you very much.
Eiregirl

Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:35 am 
ghost

hmmm... lol, yes of course, experienced poets included!!

speaking of which, i had better get writing again soon....

regards
ghost

Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:48 am 
Tas_Passion_Godess

Good write AS ALWAYS! love what your doing here, learning something new.

Hugs
Tas

Life is not the amount of breath you take. It is the moments that take your breath away.

Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Linda Bray

Evee,
Brilliant!! I am enjoying this experiment of yours very much!! Well done sweet one...well done. I'd like to see what you can do with epic poetry!! I hope your day is a good one. Take good care.
Big hugs,
Linda

Post Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:43 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Hawaiian

Eire,

I too am enjoying your poetry class. Eire, you are brilliant and oh so bold for tackling this task.

May I suggest a limited time poll, for the next in the series...and I'd vote for the limerick, but like Linda, I am anxious to see what you and the muse Calliope have in store for an epic.

Aloha,
~Hawn

Post Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:09 pm 
Eiregirl

quote:
Originally posted by Tas_Passion_Godess:
Good write AS ALWAYS! love what your doing here, learning something new.

Hugs
Tas

Tas...thank you sweet one for you kind and very pleasing words Smile

Hugs tight,
Evee

Post Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:36 am 
Eiregirl

quote:
Originally posted by Linda Bray:
Evee,
Brilliant!! I am enjoying this experiment of yours very much!! Well done sweet one...well done. I'd like to see what you can do with epic poetry!! I hope your day is a good one. Take good care.
Big hugs,
Linda

Linda,

I thank you very much and I am enjoying this as well Smile
I am currently working on an epic (Tas wanted an epic also) but it is going to take a while to do that one so I will probably do a couple of other in between before the epic is complete.

Thank you very much...HUGS,
Evee

Post Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:41 am 
Eiregirl

quote:
Originally posted by HawaiianEyes:
Eire,

I too am enjoying your poetry class. Eire, you are brilliant and oh so bold for tackling this task.

May I suggest a limited time poll, for the next in the series...and I'd vote for the limerick, but like Linda, I am anxious to see what you and the muse Calliope have in store for an epic.

Aloha,
~Hawn

Hawaiian,
Thank you for the compliments...you too will have to wait for the epic...it will take a while to complete. Shocked They are long!

I like your idea to add a poll...on the first one I wrote I put a time limit for responding to the vote...will have to figure out how to add a poll...just thinking to myself at the moment...maybe I could put 4 or 5 in a poll with each poem and for the next one take out the one that was used and add a different one...hmmmm

I like your idea Smile

Hugs you tight mmmm,
Evee

Post Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:51 am 
maryj

i really enjoy your poetry and i really really like what you are doing in this series you are doing

i am learning a lot and thank you

Post Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:44 am 
Eiregirl

Mary,

Thank you and I hope to see a poem from you soon Question

Hugs,
Eiregirl

Post Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:12 am 
irisheyes

Eiregirl
Beautiful poem.
Your words about poetry are so true. Poetry is a gateway not only to the mind of the poet but also the heart and soul of that person and I beleive you can tell alot about that person through the words they write.
Thanks for sharing with us again and the time and effort you have put into helping us understand the different forms.
Hugs you tight
Irisheyes Exclamation

Post Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:39 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: