BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Help Tips and Forum Issues....

DATABASE MIGRATION and SERVER MOVE SUCCESSFUL

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
melons
Site Admin

DATABASE MIGRATION and SERVER MOVE SUCCESSFUL

DATABASE MIGRATION and SERVER CHANGE SUCCESSFUL

Well I tried to keep this migration smooth and seemless for you all and the transition seems to have occurred well.

Hopefully not many of you made any posts in the last hour, if you did then they may not show up in this version of the database and on this server and I will not be able to retrieve them.

Each board was disabled for a matter of a few minutes only during transition because I corrected all the necessary files beforehand. However, copying data from the old database and moving it onto the new database and server took a little longer than expected, so if postes were made during this time then they will not have been copied across to the new database and server.

Dark made the information post and I quted 48 hours because I was experiencing internet connection problems (I really needed those like hole in the head *chuckling).

Anyway, the long and short of it is......you can now post to your hearts content and the connection and speed issues associated with the old sever and database over the last few weeks should have been overcome *fingers crossed.

With regards to the gallery. This took me a long time to fix too. It is now functioning; however, I had to recreate much of it by hand and previous backups, which was tedious and time consuming and I had to cheat the system to fix one issue.

Images posted to the gallery after 16th march 2007 were not retrievable, they were corrupted and the backups also became corrupted due to an error which was unforeseen and related to some of the performance issues associated with the old database. I have set in place procedures to prevent this occurring to the same degree again.

I apologise to those of you who have posted int eh gallery and now find your images not there. Please repost them at your leisure. The gallery software is old and 'clunky' to say the least. I am looking into an upgrade.

I have worked around 50 hours on these two issues alone since last week; therefore I am unlikely to work on the horoscope issue and chat issues this weekend.

Big thanks to Realwoman and Miki for searching out help sites for some of the issues and Real and Dark for making sticky posts for me...allowing me to continue working on the code. Thanks also to 4th for checking to see if the boards worked ok after the transition.

And a big thanks to Mdm Prez (my honey *smiling) for allowing me to use her phone to call Pair Support in the USA and try to overcome some of the other issues that arose (believe me, issues were snowballing ...as soon as I fixed one another appeared!).

That's the end of the update......

GO AND POST

GO AND ENJOY

hugs to all,

Mel x

Post Fri May 11, 2007 11:23 pm 
DarkChyldesKiss
Site Admin

Mel,

Thank you for all your hard work!!!!! We all appreciate everything you do!

Hugs

Jan

Post Sat May 12, 2007 6:57 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: