BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> General board

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
BdeCaunteton

www[dot]bdecauntetonspoetry[dot]webs[dot]com

Last edited by BdeCaunteton on Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:45 pm 
Eiregirl

Re: Dealing with idiot Poetry Workshop

quote:
Originally posted by BdeCaunteton:
I just got out of my Poetry Writing class and I'm extremely frustrated. Everyone look at my poem "Beltane" and tell me that it sucks. Be honest. He extremely dislikes my archaic language of every single poem I have. He wants poems to be loose and... uncontrolled. He wants everything in a poem to be natural and fun ... yes I understand that's how people view poetry but I'm paying homage to my favorite older poets. I didn't realize that i *have* to conform to the modernist movement of stupid nonsensical juxtaposition. I'm really sickened and just needed to vent. Thanks.

Bde,

I love poetry...I love to write it and I love reading it. I for one will never conform to the modernist nonsensical stupid idiotic poetry that some "poets" (I use that term loosely in this case) call poetry...well I guess it is poetry but to me it is garbage poetry...to each there own as they say. After all there are those that don't like Wordsworth or Shakespeare.

On another note...
I think you need to get out of that workshop and on the way out tell them were they can stuff there garbage then find a group that will better accommodate the enhancement of your writing. If those in the workshop cannot criticize in a productive way then in my opinion it is not a good environment to be in if you want to enhance your writing.

Eiregirl Arrow

Post Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:13 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
BdeCaunteton

www[dot]bdecauntetonspoetry[dot]webs[dot]com

Last edited by BdeCaunteton on Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:13 am 
smart_cookie

Your poem Beltane is wonderful. They know zero.

--Cookie

Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:23 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: