BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> General board

Copyright Infringement - Plagiarists SUCK! PLEASE READ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
fortheloveofagood...
Site Admin

all poems from beautywithinalways on the www.butch-femme.com have been deleted...

still pissed off...

Kx

'don't hate your enemies, it clouds your judgement'

~peace comes from knowing only love is real~

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:23 pm 
Sunny

quote:
Originally posted by fortheloveofagood...:
all poems from beautywithinalways on the www.butch-femme.com have been deleted...

still pissed off...

Kx

Thanks again so much to all the admins and mods who have helped to resolve the plagiarism issues on butch-femme, Any chance we can get some help with the problems identifed on floetry.com (check my previous post)?

Be great!
Sunny Cool
All poems posted by Sunny: ©2006 - 2007 Sunny (UN: Sunny at melswebs.com). All rights reserved. Any unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited. In other words, if you want to copy it, you need to get Sunny’s permission first.

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Mairi bheag

The site owner has sent a round-robin to everyone to say that ALL the perp's posts have been deleted.

Mb
xx

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:49 pm 
Sunny

I'm referring to totally different site, WWW.FLOETRY.COM. This is separate from Butch-Femme.com. Please see my 2nd to last note.
Thanks.
Sunny Cool
All poems posted by Sunny: ©2006 - 2007 Sunny (UN: Sunny at melswebs.com). All rights reserved. Any unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited. In other words, if you want to copy it, you need to get Sunny’s permission first.

Last edited by Sunny on Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:48 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Mairi bheag

ah... didn't get onto this page - sorry

Mb
xx

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:51 pm 
Eiregirl

quote:
Originally posted by Sunny:
I'm referring to totally different site, WWW.FLOETRY.COM. This is separate from Butch-Femme.com. Please see my 2nd to last note.
Thanks.
Sunny Cool

Sunny,

I started another post here for the Floetry website along with all the information I have found thus far.

Eiregirl

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:47 pm 
desert-fish

Re: Copyright Infringement - Plagiarists SUCK! PLEASE READ

quote:
Originally posted by Sunny:
Well y'all. this doesn't belong in the poetry forum, but you may want to take a moment to read further.

I recently discovered that a poem of mine had been stolen, word for word, by a MySpace member who claimed she'd written it. Upon further investigation, I discovered there were several other instances of plagiarism/copyright infringement. The most flagrant to date, however, was on a site called butch-femme.com. One member plagerized 4 of my poems. I've alerted the site, but several of you are also absolutely affected (your poems are there), including:

Mairi
Eire
LadyMoon
Xalia
Pale, I think at least one is yours too...

and I suspect more...

Below is the letter I sent to the administration of butch-femme.com. (It's a form letter I've modified from a website and is available to use without copyright infringement issues). Feel free to use my letter modifying as appropriate.

If admins/mods wish to deal with this with the butch-femme site directly, please feel free to contact me as needed.

Also, I do understand if this note needs to be moved to a more appropriate forum, but I do hope it will remain on the board long enough for those affected to take action if they choose to. For some of us, our poems are like our children and we want them back when they are stolen...

Sunny Cool
I learned today that butch-femme.com member “beautywithinalways” has posted several of my poems to your website claiming ownership of them, thereby infringing numerous copyright owned by me (please see her thread at http://www.butch-femme.com/portal/forums/showthread.php?t=27012). The works include “Go Away A Little Closer” (June 20, 2006 at http://melswebs.com/poetryboards/viewtopic.php?p=39926), "So Hot She Burns" (June 6, 2006 at http://www.melswebs.com/poetryboards/viewtopic.php?t=7594), "Yesterday's Promises" (Nov. 1, 2006 at http://www.melswebs.com/poetryboards/viewtopic.php?p=53195), "Shared Vision" (which I co-authored with Fernanda Rocha, Nov, 21, 2006 at http://www.melswebs.com/poetryboards/viewtopic.php?p=55075), all of which I wrote under the pseudonymous name of Sunny and have posted to www.MelsWebs.com . I noticed several other poems posted by the same member that are the work of other members of www.Melswebs.com. I will be notifying the affected members of this issue.

I will contact the administrator of Mels Webs to authorize release to butch-femme.com of my registration information to confirm my membership information. Please note that my email address and other contact information on Mels Webs is consistent with my butch-femme registration address.

I am the author and owner of the fore-mentioned copyrighted material. I have not authorized the use of my poems by “beautywithinalways.” My contact information is:

Lynn _________
(real name, address, phone and email)

The information contained within this message is accurate and under penalty of perjury, I attest that I am the copyright owner of the fore-mentioned poems.

Please forward to me butch-femme.com contact information so that I may enforce my rights as owner of this copyrighted material. Additionally, please remove the infringing work from butch-femme.com immediately. It is my understanding that butch-femme.com reserves the right to take legal action against copyright infringing members and/or terminate their membership. It is my hope that butch-femme.com will take prompt action to help to discourage any future copyright infringement by this member.

Please contact me upon receipt of this notice. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Lynn _______

thanx lynn for the trouble you've gone to Very Happy

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:25 pm 
DarkChyldesKiss
Site Admin

Ladies,

I received a note from butch-femme who have removed all the poetry that was plagarized on their site.

Let's give a hand to all that have helped keep both our sites clearn of plagarism!

DarkChylde

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:28 pm 
Mairi bheag

* applauds *

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:06 pm 
Sunny

quote:
Originally posted by DarkChyldesKiss:
Ladies,

I received a note from butch-femme who have removed all the poetry that was plagarized on their site.

Let's give a hand to all that have helped keep both our sites clearn of plagarism!

DarkChylde

Gives Dark a standing ovation for cleaning up butch-femme.com.

Thanks so much Dark. Your efforts are truly appreciated!

Sunny Cool

Post Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:14 am 
Sunny

Re: Copyright Infringement - Plagiarists SUCK! PLEASE READ

quote:
Originally posted by pale mirage:

thanx lynn for the trouble you've gone to Very Happy

No problem, Pale. I've got your back and welcome back!

Sunny Cool

Post Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:16 am 
DarkChyldesKiss
Site Admin

Ladies,

Thank you for your patience and efforts in keeping plagarism from our site as well as others.

Also know that anyone who is caught plagarizing and is a member of our site will be given notice and banned from the site.

I hope that this incident makes everyone aware of the seriousness plagarism.

Thank you

DarkChylde

Post Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:06 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: