BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> General board

Copyright Infringement - Plagiarists SUCK! PLEASE READ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Mairi bheag

What beats me is why she didn't pick my best work! Very Happy

Post Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:23 pm 
smart_cookie

quote:
Originally posted by Mairi bheag:

mine either but i am glad...I feel less violated.

--Cookie

Post Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:31 pm 
smart_cookie

quote:
Originally posted by Sunny:
quote:
Originally posted by Eiregirl:

I don't really care about monetary awards. First I just want them to acknowledge that they were not the original author of the work(s) if they will do that without hassal and give to charity any monetary gain (if any) they received I would be happy enough to let it go. If they deny even once that they stole what was and still is mine then I do not care how much it costs or how long it takes when (not if) I find them then I will make their life as miserable as the law will allow because I cannot stand for someone taking credit for what someone else did (unless they have that persons permission to do so).

Sunny, DarkChylde

Thank you both very much for all you are doing and all that you have done...it is very much appreciated.

Mairi...as a friend of mine keeps saying...you go girl and kick some ass while your at it Smile

Eiregirl Arrow

Glad to be of assistance, Eire. FYI, both of the two who have responded to me so far regarding infringement of course said something to the effect of "Oops, sorry. I though I put your name on it", despite overt statements in the sites where they published my poems that they had written them themselves. They did remove the poems though...

I guess plagerists who are so lacking in original thought and/or motivation are not bright enough to realize how transparent they are.

And Mairi, I echo Eire, "Go get 'em!" Please feel free to share any pointers you gather along the way. I'm not taking this lying down either...

Be great!
Sunny Cool

oh gawd , Sunny is so sexy when she's mad! (Cookie hyperventilates) Rolling Eyes

Post Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:33 pm 
Eiregirl

quote:
Originally posted by Sunny:

Glad to be of assistance, Eire. FYI, both of the two who have responded to me so far regarding infringement of course said something to the effect of "Oops, sorry. I though I put your name on it", despite overt statements in the sites where they published my poems that they had written them themselves. They did remove the poems though...

I guess plagerists who are so lacking in original thought and/or motivation are not bright enough to realize how transparent they are.

And Mairi, I echo Eire, "Go get 'em!" Please feel free to share any pointers you gather along the way. I'm not taking this lying down either...

Be great!
Sunny Cool

What other ones have you found aside from the Beautywithinalways posts?

Eiregirl Arrow

Post Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:07 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Sunny

quote:
"Eiregirl
What other ones have you found aside from the Beautywithinalways posts?

Eiregirl Arrow

I've found poems of mine posted to a few MySpace.com pages (2 have been removed and one is private) and http://boards.floetry.net/forums/160703/ShowPost.aspx (you can link to this one to read my responses - I'm just giving you this link to keep Cookie hyperventilating Wink ), all by users of other names.

Sunny Cool
All poems posted by Sunny: ©2006 - 2007 Sunny (UN: Sunny at melswebs.com). All rights reserved. Any unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited. In other words, if you want to copy it, you need to get Sunny’s permission first.

Post Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:39 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Sunny

quote:
Originally posted by smart_cookie_smart:
quote:

mine either but i am glad...I feel less violated.

--Cookie

So am I supposed to be honored or something that she stole FOUR of my poems? Evil or Very Mad They weren't my best poems, but they were all what I'd call "pop poems". "Go Away a Little Closer" apparently is extremely popular with plagiarists...
All poems posted by Sunny: ©2006 - 2007 Sunny (UN: Sunny at melswebs.com). All rights reserved. Any unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited. In other words, if you want to copy it, you need to get Sunny’s permission first.

Post Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:43 pm 
Sunny

Update all... I just found several other posts by our friend beautywithinalways. Manyl of you are more affected than we first thought - new poems include writes by Mairi, Mel, forthelove, Cookie, ghost, Xalia, currybaby, Linda Bray, and maddies hells angels. These are in addition to the link I originally shared at the beginning of this thread. Here are the most recently uncovered links:

http://www.butch-femme.com/portal/forums/showthread.php?t=27048

http://www.butch-femme.com/portal/forums/showthread.php?t=26858

http://www.butch-femme.com/portal/forums/showthread.php?t=26855

http://www.butch-femme.com/portal/forums/showthread.php?t=26856

http://www.butch-femme.com/portal/forums/showthread.php?t=26854

http://www.butch-femme.com/portal/forums/showthread.php?t=26853

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I assume you'd all want to know...

Sunny Cool
(feeling like I should change my name lately... Crying or Very sad )

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:53 am 
smart_cookie

Yeah, "Entry Restricted" is mine.

I think I will just not post on line anymore. Fuckin people.

--Cooks.

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:31 am 
DarkChyldesKiss
Site Admin

Ladies,

I appreciate that if you have a poem plagarized on the site sunny has noted, please post your poem name so that I can address each with the site admins.

Thank you

DarkChylde

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:39 am 
Sunny

Dark,

Thanks again for all you're doing to try to contain this issue.
Mine are:

Go Away a Little Closer
So Hot She Burns
Shared Vision
Yesterday's Promises

That's all I've found of mine so far on butch-femme.com

Several poems that have been lifted are written by members who seem to have become inactive on the board, though (ie. Linda Bray, chill, loversheart2, melons (just kidding), etc). I'd be happy to give you a list of all the poems from mels that I've found with names and authors, but it would have to be cross-checked with lists provided by the respective authors to help to ensure that no one's work was overlooked...

Sunny Cool

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:21 am 
Mairi bheag

Thread No. 27048 contains the following ones of mine:

Body Paint * smirking a little * Wink
Masturbate me, kiss me hard Embarassed
Grape-kissing
Pick raspberries

Has the site deleted Super-callous-flagelistic-expert-cunnilingus?

Mb
xx

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:38 am 
Eiregirl

quote:
Originally posted by DarkChyldesKiss:
Ladies,

I appreciate that if you have a poem plagarized on the site sunny has noted, please post your poem name so that I can address each with the site admins.

Thank you

DarkChylde

Dark,

I thank you very much for all that you are doing (I know this is above and beyond the call of duty for you).

To the best of my knowledge and from what I have searched on that site thus far only two of my poems "The longing of the heart" and "Autumn" are the only ones I have found so far. I am sure they are well aware of those two poems by now.

I have tried since sunny posted this thread to contact someone there. Today I sent the webmaster and email. If I do not get a response from them tomorrow or if the conditions listed in my email are not met by tomorrow the next contact will be from my attorney. I feel I have provided them with ample information and opportunity to take action and so far I have seen no action.

Eiregirl

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:54 am 
Sunny

quote:

Has the site deleted Super-callous-flagelistic-expert-cunnilingus?

Mb
xx

Yay! I just checked and it appears that all thread that I've posted to this page have been deleted from butch-femme.com.

That's the good news... now the bad news. Since this afternoon, I've found 9 other member poems (in addition to one of mine) posted to floetry.com by a user named IJUSWNALUVYA and I've only finished going through about half of her posts. Members affected that I know of:

Rachelle - Fuck(that is the name of the poem, as well as my sentiments)
Wordsmith - Love is Delusion & Need to Move On
Xalia - One Hot Shower
Silverhawk - The Way You Do Me
Aphrodite - True
Sapphodyte69 - I See
Poetic Love - Her First Time
Rainbow Princess - Your Body Above Me

This Plagiarist is a bit more sophisticated - she sometimes gives the stolen work a new title or she adds a date to the title, suggesting she wrote it prior to publication...

Here's the link to the poem she stole from me

http://boards.floetry.net/forums/160703/ShowPost.aspx

I've added comments at the end and continue to do so on a regular basis (thereby keeping it at the top of the list, hoping someone might actually give a damn and respond to my correspondence with the web admin) and will continue to do so until it's removed. Feel free to join in. I have links to all the plagiarized poems and will be happy to share them with affected members. I'm considering bringing all the infringing poems to the top of the list and keeping the board cluttered with plagiarism responses until they do something about it. I really don't like the silent treatment when I'm ripped off -can you tell?

Dark, you've done such a shiney job with butch-femme.com! I certainly would welcome any assistance you or any other mods/admins might be able to provide...

Thanks again Dark for all your determination and persistence.

Be great!
Sunny Cool

Last edited by Sunny on Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:18 am 
Mairi bheag

Right sunny... that new bitch touches anything of mine, then she is literary toast!

Twisted Evil

Mb
xx

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:55 am 
Xalia1
Moderators

I just stepped into this...
Haven't been online in a week or so.. (great visit with my lady) and now I'm just pissed. I can't believe someone stole our work... never had anything like this happen before. It is extrememly just... wrong. Thank you so much Sunny for letting us know.. I have found three of my poems on there, will post the names here in a bit when I have more time. Sunny also found one of my lady's poems on there as well... dang it.

Hugs,
Xalia

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:19 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: