poetry, poems, poem, lesbian, lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, poetry critique, poetry critic, poem critique, 
poem critic, lesbian poetry critique, lesbian poetry critic, poem submissions, poetry submissions, poetry submission, 
lesbian poetry submission, lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry poetry, poems, poem, lesbian, lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, poetry critique, poetry critic, poem critique, 
poem critic, lesbian poetry critique, lesbian poetry critic, poem submissions, poetry submissions, poetry submission, 
lesbian poetry submission, lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry poetry, poems, poem, lesbian, lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, poetry critique, poetry critic, poem critique, 
lesbian poetry submission, lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Request feedback

New and in need of assistance.

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
SharayaKai

New and in need of assistance.

While mindlessly working today, I was struck with a sledgehammer... so to speak. I HAD to write, there was nothing else to do. So I wrote, but it feels fragmented. Nothing more was forthcoming from my muse, so I pray you folks can assist. What are your thoughts of the following...?

Time travels fast
look ahead, not past.
Follow the Road at hand:
Take every fork, every Bend.
Never turn from
Journies won.

Happy souls Dance
when Harmonies chance
a meeting with Heart;
Take the path, be a part
of Life. Try the world -
Make It Sure.

Is it complete as is, or does another out there have the ending to match??

Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:27 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Eiregirl

SharayaKai,

It is actually a nice poem as it is but I cannot resist thinking about how I would have written this poem.

It looks like you were rhyming the first two couplets of each stanza and while the second couplet does not perfectly rhyme I can live with it as it is because it would not be easy to come up with something that holds the same meaning and maintain a perfect rhyme. If you wished to change the wording you could better accomplish a more perfect rhyme.

The capitalization of words within the lines is a very nice way to give them more emphasis. That is nicely done.

“Journies” is not spelled correctly it should be “Journeys”.

Overall it is a rather nice poem.

Hugs,
Eiregirl Arrow

Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:52 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
SharayaKai

Laughing I cannot believe I misspelled something! Thank you very much for taking the time to evaluate my offering. I wasn't actually Trying to do anything; the words just came, I wrote them. Looking at it from an objective view, you are correct that there is lack of perfect rhyme... however I am uncertain if perfect rhyme is needed.

As for how you would have written this, PLEASE share with me! I love to see others take something I've offered and reform it. Many times making it better than it began. I eagerly await your response.

BTW, Happy V-Day Arrow Exclamation

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:02 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Eiregirl

quote:
Originally posted by SharayaKai:
Laughing I cannot believe I misspelled something! Thank you very much for taking the time to evaluate my offering. I wasn't actually Trying to do anything; the words just came, I wrote them. Looking at it from an objective view, you are correct that there is lack of perfect rhyme... however I am uncertain if perfect rhyme is needed.

As for how you would have written this, PLEASE share with me! I love to see others take something I've offered and reform it. Many times making it better than it began. I eagerly await your response.

BTW, Happy V-Day Arrow Exclamation

SharayaKai,

Here is something I just came up with

Time…
It travels by so fast
Always looking forward
Never looking to the past

Follow the road ahead, every twist and turn
Through darkened moon or bright sun
Never look away from journeys…
Won

Dance…
To the harmony of meeting hearts
Was it chance or fate, is this were it all
Starts

Life…
Is something to be a part
With the one who belongs to your
Heart

There are many others that could be made but this is what came to mind at this time

Hugs,
Eiregirl Arrow

Last edited by Eiregirl on Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:31 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
SharayaKai

Wild Applause!!

Oh my Gawd!! That was WONDERFUL! I told you most times others make my stuff better. I love it. The theme is the same, yet incredibly deeper than it began. I reached for a thought of union with Life and learning from each journey and yet you incorporated Love on the walk, making the journeys (see I can learn Laughing ) more meaningful, deeper, truer for the travelling. Brava!! Please, I implore, if ever you find another writ of mine you can improve upon, by all means at your disposal, do kindly so!!

Exclamation

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:12 am 
Sunny

Sharaya,
I'm not going to begin to offer critique. Eire's done wonderful job already - you're in good hands with her. I hope you'll contine to nurture that muse of yours. Looking forward to more... Exclamation
Sunny Cool
All poems posted by Sunny: ©2006 - 2007 Sunny (UN: Sunny at melswebs.com). All rights reserved. Any unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited. In other words, if you want to copy it, you need to get Sunny’s permission first.

Post Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:15 am 
SharayaKai

As per your request

This will be the first public reading of this poem. Be gentle, but honest, please.

In rolling slumber, my body's composure,
tosses as if upon waves of the sea.
The darkness consumes, the Lightness resumes
it's ever coaxing of what I will be.
Torn by a desire, my body on fire,
I wander upon a tulmultuous shore.
Always seeking, but never reaping
the calm tranquilty I had before.

Then out of the mist, comes one I resist.
Her love to me she'll impart.
How is it that she always knows what I need
to lighten the load on my heart?
Her hand she extends, to her will I do bend,
as she molds and creates something new.
With gentle caresses, my soul she undresses,
bringing hidden places to view.

Words kindly spoken, a heart that is broken
she takes with loving care.
A song awakens, my breath is taken
as for her, my dreams fill the air.
With the world behind, one heart and mind;
a bond formed in the Beginning.
We walk together, loving forever
upon the landscape e'erchanging.

Post Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:59 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: