lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, lesbian, poetry, poems, poem, my girl, her, she, girl, mine, my girl poetry, 
my girl poems, my girl poem, she poetry, she poem, she poems, her poems, her poetry, her poem, lesbian my girl poetry, 
lesbian my girl poems, lesbian my girl poem, lesbian girl poems, lesbian girl poem, lesbian girl poetry, poem submissions,
poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, 
submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, lesbian, poetry, poems, poem, my girl, her, she, girl, mine, my girl poetry, 
my girl poems, my girl poem, she poetry, she poem, she poems, her poems, her poetry, her poem, lesbian my girl poetry, 
lesbian my girl poems, lesbian my girl poem, lesbian girl poems, lesbian girl poem, lesbian girl poetry, poem submissions,
poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, 
submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, lesbian, poetry, poems, poem, my girl, her, she, girl, mine, my girl poetry, 
submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> 'My Girl' Poetry

Lulu juju

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
ae

Lulu juju

She break me down,
Big girl, too much soft, too much sugar
Too much me sweet things doin'
And then--too much bad juju
She steal me from evr’thing

I am more more crazy from this big girl
Too much soft, too much sweet things
I know no working, no good sense
No advisin’, no teachin’, no listenin’
She steal me blind from myself

All in a year too sweet
Too much crazy, too much sugar
All juju moments, too too many
‘Til it all fall down in tumblin’
Then she steal me all and go walkin’
Then she own me all, and nothin’ left
Then the big girl roll, then, rumblin’…
"...a soul that wakes up to find itself wandering, unwanted, between the spheres."

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:32 am 
smart_cookie

Omg, I love this! How did you sneak this little gem past everyone?

This poem would never work in the King's English. And anyway, no king would know what a woman like that can do. But I do.

GREAT poem!

--Cookie

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:17 am 
rachelle

ae--This is great--it's a song--i love it and i totally feel it--i luv the style--well done---I'm feelin' ya mon---rachelle

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:52 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
ae

Ya, mon! Ya got ta feel it like that!

I love to tinker with the idiosyncrasies of voice and idiom and inflection. I sat one day listening to these two women, one was Haitian, one was Jamaican, so they didn't have a common tongue, and were speaking English to each other, but even so, their speech was like song, and both had that rich, pidgen improvisational character in their speaking.

It made me think of old Pele Juju music--Rachelle, you might even know of Pele Juju if you're in California-- surprised it's not for sale somewhere on Mel's.

And of course, Lu was on my mind... her juju working me hard that week...
"...a soul that wakes up to find itself wandering, unwanted, between the spheres."

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:52 pm 
ae

Or that one???

That ticks me off, Lu. I call foul, you smart-ass f**ker!

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:29 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: