lesbian, poetry, rhyme, rhymes, song, songs, lyric, lyrics, lesbian spirituality, lesbian spiritual, lesbian lyric, lesbian lyrics, 
lesbian love songs, lesbian love song, lesbian spirituality lyrics, lesbian spiritual lyric, love songs, love song, love lyrics, love lyric, 
song submissions, lyric submissions, spiritual poem, spiritual poetry, spiritual poems, spirituality poem, spirituality poems, spirituality poetry, lesbian spirituality poetry, song submission, lyric submission, lesbian song submission, lesbian lyric submission, submit songs, 
submit song, submit lyric, submit lyrics, submit lesbian songs, submit lesbian song, submit lesbian lyrics, submit songs, submit song, 
submit lyrics, submit lyric, submit lesbian love song, lesbian love song submission lesbian, poetry, rhyme, rhymes, song, songs, lyric, lyrics, lesbian spirituality, lesbian spiritual, lesbian lyric, lesbian lyrics, 
lesbian love songs, lesbian love song, lesbian spirituality lyrics, lesbian spiritual lyric, love songs, love song, love lyrics, love lyric, 
song submissions, lyric submissions, spiritual poem, spiritual poetry, spiritual poems, spirituality poem, spirituality poems, spirituality poetry, lesbian spirituality poetry, song submission, lyric submission, lesbian song submission, lesbian lyric submission, submit songs, 
submit song, submit lyric, submit lyrics, submit lesbian songs, submit lesbian song, submit lesbian lyrics, submit songs, submit song, 
submit lyrics, submit lyric, submit lesbian love song, lesbian love song submission lesbian, poetry, rhyme, rhymes, song, songs, lyric, lyrics, lesbian spirituality, lesbian spiritual, lesbian lyric, lesbian lyrics, 
submit lyrics, submit lyric, submit lesbian love song, lesbian love song submission
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Spirituality Poetry

poem to God

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
createmyself

poem to God

I have seen you in the eyes of strangers
I have heard you in the symphonies of dream time
I have wished for you on the dark edge of hope
And hoped for you in the moments of still awakening
I have mistaken you for others
The chattering ego and the carousel of mind thought have
Captured my attention but have not fulfilled me
I have despaired in believing I had been abandoned
Turned my back on things soft
Chiseled out identities for myself
And tried to carve a niche in this universe without you
Still satisfaction eludes me
This oak cries out for its’ roots
The shell aches for wholeness
I sit like cut flowers
Essence drifting
Time sands shifting
All is naught if not for love
Bring back the pulse of the fervor
The passion that sung like a madman
Let me weep in the pain of apartness
Then fill me with all the is you
Let us eat of my heart in a lovers feast
And feed the fires of need
Let them warm me until at last they consume
And sear away the rust and tarnish
On this once faithful soul
Whisper in my ear the words of the great nothingness
Show me what the stars look like beyond the veil of illusion

Purify me back into wonderment
Mold me back into mysel

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:07 pm 
desert-fish

very well said....think that last word is "myself' myself...

Very Happy

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:34 am 
Ashelita

very apt, and very captivating.

a direct and truly expressive read throughout, but I must say the first 5 lines are all fabulous each in themself:
"I have seen you in the eyes of strangers
I have heard you in the symphonies of dream time
I have wished for you on the dark edge of hope
And hoped for you in the moments of still awakening
I have mistaken you for others"

and also these other lines:

"Let me weep in the pain of apartness"
"Whisper in my ear the words of the great nothingness"

great
Ash

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:15 pm 

Jump to: