lesbian, poetry, rhyme, rhymes, song, songs, lyric, lyrics, lesbian spirituality, lesbian spiritual, lesbian lyric, lesbian lyrics, 
lesbian love songs, lesbian love song, lesbian spirituality lyrics, lesbian spiritual lyric, love songs, love song, love lyrics, love lyric, 
song submissions, lyric submissions, spiritual poem, spiritual poetry, spiritual poems, spirituality poem, spirituality poems, spirituality poetry, lesbian spirituality poetry, song submission, lyric submission, lesbian song submission, lesbian lyric submission, submit songs, 
submit song, submit lyric, submit lyrics, submit lesbian songs, submit lesbian song, submit lesbian lyrics, submit songs, submit song, 
submit lyrics, submit lyric, submit lesbian love song, lesbian love song submission lesbian, poetry, rhyme, rhymes, song, songs, lyric, lyrics, lesbian spirituality, lesbian spiritual, lesbian lyric, lesbian lyrics, 
lesbian love songs, lesbian love song, lesbian spirituality lyrics, lesbian spiritual lyric, love songs, love song, love lyrics, love lyric, 
song submissions, lyric submissions, spiritual poem, spiritual poetry, spiritual poems, spirituality poem, spirituality poems, spirituality poetry, lesbian spirituality poetry, song submission, lyric submission, lesbian song submission, lesbian lyric submission, submit songs, 
submit song, submit lyric, submit lyrics, submit lesbian songs, submit lesbian song, submit lesbian lyrics, submit songs, submit song, 
submit lyrics, submit lyric, submit lesbian love song, lesbian love song submission lesbian, poetry, rhyme, rhymes, song, songs, lyric, lyrics, lesbian spirituality, lesbian spiritual, lesbian lyric, lesbian lyrics, 
submit lyrics, submit lyric, submit lesbian love song, lesbian love song submission
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Spirituality Poetry

you

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
acacia

you

It came upon me from above me and from below me, and
When my eyes grew wild and my heart reached my throati
Right there I knew you
Have carved your name right through me in
A language I thought I knew- love
That I have been drenched in drowned in dwelt
Within and bloods and cuts and scars that
Ashamed now adorn my discarded skins now
Children’s chalked crimes on empty pavements-I buy
Dictionaries in vein the only word
Is your name.

For the Rouii of you for the so so strikingly true of you is
Like no nothing my words could
Conjure. Your name, wound its glistening thighs around
My throat, rewrote
My world so I’d see only you.
Say it.
Spread landscapes all over the dunes days and daze of you.
Hear it.
Etching from my throat never
Loud enough to convince my ears.
There in each everywhere and here I find my
Self my Beloveds
Name lingers around ears like a precious perfume-I don’t know-
The road to worthiness, amidst this all devouring dhikr iii
All maps are irrelevant.

It wraps its wings around my wild horses meeting
The worlds gaze-unflinching-and the next one,iv too.
Turned in the light your name remains and
Constant through
Every little thing I do
That you may be so close to me, as vividly as a veinv as undeniable as my garmentvi
That it may purify my tongue enough for
My own to be said by you.

FOOTNOTES;

1.Qur'an: 33:10 [Remember what you felt] when they came upon you from above you and from below you, and when [your] eyes became dim and [your] hearts came up to [your] throats, and [when] most conflicting thoughts about God passed through your minds.

2 Rou; Arabic word for spirit.

3. Dhikr; Sufi practise of remembering god, by reciting names and attributes.

4. Islamic metaphysics maintains that there are more than one world.

5.Qur'an: 50:16 NOW, VERILY, it is we who have created man, and we know what his innermost self whispers within him: for we are closer to him than his neck-vein.

6. Qur'an: 2:187they are as a garment for you, and you are as a garment for them.

Post Fri May 09, 2008 10:23 am 
Eiregirl

acacia,

Welcome to Mels Smile

I really enjoyed reading this poem it is very nicely done although I'm not sure about the last word of the second line Wink

Wonderful poem and thanks for the sharing it and the footnotes

Hugs,
Eiregirl Arrow

Post Sun May 11, 2008 3:20 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
acacia

hey...

hey eiregirl. thanx again 4 yr feedback.... i originally wrote this poem in microsoft word and the word u mentioned (throat) was followed by a tiny i, to denote a footnote...which was obviously lost in translation to this format.. (anyway, it meant to be link to footnote saying that those two lines were taken from the Qur'an)

....hope yr all well...
x

Post Fri May 16, 2008 8:27 pm 
Eilidh
Moderators

acacia,

A poem complete with footnotes -- I like this! The notes add just enough information for the reader to better understand the poem, but not so much that they give away its mystery.

I hope to read more from you soon.

~Eilidh

Post Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:21 pm 
Ashelita

a very interesting, deeper, read - enjoyed

ash

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:01 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: