BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> General board

Plagiarism and Copyright infringment on Floetry

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Eiregirl

Plagiarism and Copyright infringment on Floetry

Many people may think “what’s the big deal it’s just a poem?”
Someday it may be your poem/story or creative work that has been stolen by someone who claims it as their own. A literary work that you poured your heart and soul into. A literary work that you spent $45 US to get a copyright for. What is the big deal? The big deal is…if it is mine I am coming after your ass. Personally all anyone has to do is ask me for permission to use my work. Depending on what they want to do with it will determine whether or not permission will be granted. If permission is not asked for…read above. Contrary to popular belief permission must be given by the copyright holder. You cannot simply take something and use it by saying “Copyright by…”. If anyone takes a copyrighted work to use they must give credit to the copyright holder and they must have that persons permission. People I have the paper to prove I hold copyright to every poem and story I post here.

If by chance you do not hold a copyright that does not mean you do not have rights and that does not give anyone the right to steal your intellectual work and claim it as their own. Enforce your rights.

IJUSWNALUVYA has infringed and/or plagiarized other peoples work. He/she needs to go down for it.

So far this is what I have been able to find out about the website

Floetry is a music duo (http://www.floetry.net/default.aspx) who’s records are produced by a record company of which is part of Universal Music Group of which is part of Vivendi Universal.

Thus far I have found none of my work posted by IJUSWNALUVYA at Floetry.

Floetry is a Universal Music Group web site. I have found no contact information for a moderator, administrator or webmaster for the site.

If you do have work that was stolen by this individual please take and use the following information (addresses and phone numbers listed below). This may be a long and tedious process but what is your work worth to you?

If you have work that was stolen please join the Floetry site and post a reply to your work that was stolen notifying them that you hold legal copyright to the original work that was posted by you on Mels (give a link to it) or whatever website you originally posted the work to. Keep posting replies to that work requesting action to be taken to remove the infringing post. You may say whatever you want in your reply however your initial reply should be polite but forceful and while this person may not have followed the conduct rules of the site we should. Ultimately if you wish to do so you have the right to enforce your copyright through legal channels and if you wish to pursue those channels then by all means do so.

In your reply to the post you may wish to include the following…

According to paragraph 5 of the website terms and conditions

“User Conduct. You warrant and agree that, while using the Site, you shall not upload, post or transmit to the Site, or distribute or otherwise publish through the Site, any materials that: (a) are protected by third party copyright, or other proprietary or intellectual property right; (b) are unlawful, threatening, hateful, tortious, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy or publicity rights, harassing, profane, obscene, vulgar or that contain explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts (including but not limited to sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals), (c) restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Site, (d) constitute or encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability, or (e) contain a virus or other harmful component, advertising of any kind, or false or misleading indications of origin or statements of fact.”

Since the site is a Universal Music Group web site send a letter to addresses listed below (all of them). Give them all of the pertinent information about the infringing post on THEIR web site. Give the web site address (UMG has many so be specific). Give the infringers userid. Give the title of the post. Give any information you feel would be enough to show that you are the original author of the material in question. Use the phone numbers and call them. Ask them how you can get in touch with the web site administrator and then tell them what is going on. I am currently trying to find more email addresses for you to send the same information as in the letter. I did find this email address on the UMG site along with the following note.
communications@umusic.com
“If you have additional questions, please send us your feedback. Please realize that we receive many information requests and will only be able to answer those questions that we can provide answers for.”

DO NOT BACK DOWN
DO NOT SETTLE FOR “there is nothing I can do about that”
YOU HAVE RIGHTS…and by all I hold dear if you will not stand up for them then you deserve to have your material stolen.

I know I will and several other people here will provide you with all the information we can to make it as easy as possible for you to enforce your rights in this matter and matters like this that we come across and in some cases we will do what we can to take care of the situation while keeping you notified but at the very least join the site that has your stolen material and make it known that you are the owner of that material.

I know I have given permission to several people to use my work on other sites. If you see anything that is mine that does not give credit to me or to Aoibhegréine (which is me by the way) please let me know. I am a nice person but I do enjoy making life miserable for assholes.

Universal Music Group Corporate headquarters
(http://www.universalmusicgroup.com/overview.aspx)
2200 Colorado Avenue
Santa Monica, CA 90404
USA
Tel.: +1 310 865 500

1755 Broadway
New York, NY 10019
USA
Tel.: +1 212 841 8000

Universal Music France
20 rue des Fossés-Saint-Jacques
75235 Paris Cedex 05
France
Tel.: +33 1 44 41 91 91

Universal Music Group International
8 St. James Square
SW1Y4JU London
United Kingdom
Tel. : +44 0 20 77 47 4000

Vivendi (http://www.vivendi.com/corp/en/home/index.php)
Vivendi (Head Office)
42 avenue de Friedland
75380 Paris Cedex 08
France
Tel.: +33 1 71 71 10 00
Fax: +33 1 71 71 10 01

New York Office
800 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10022
USA
Tel.: +1 212 572 7000

Here is a list of all the poems I could find posted on floetry by IJUSWNALUVYA as her/his own original work. I suspect that every one of them was most likely stolen. I believe that if they were not stolen from us here at Mels then they were stolen from someone somewhere. I think that we should try to find the original owner of these works and notify them so they can take whatever action they wish to take. If by chance you wish to partake in this mission and you find the original owner of one of the following poems please notify them if possible and let them know that we are in the process of trying to get her account at floetry deleted along with all of her posts and some of us may be digging a little deeper and planning further action.

My Mission
I feel the prickk of reality poking a hole through my bubble of ignorant fantasies. I hear the soft whisper of hot air slowly leaking from my dreams, filling my now hollow mind with the harsh truth that I have been too frightened to succumb to. I see my moments of cinematic happiness defined by painted smiles, forced laughter, and exagerated ...
Posted in Original Poems by IJUSWNALUVYA on 03-05-2007

HER FIRST TIME
Her First TimeAs she walks in the room, my heart takes a leap I can feel it pounding, as she lays down beside me I hear it in my ears, a rhythmetic beat A burning inside, this feelings so deep. Just one touch from her hand, and my bodys on fire I can see it in her eyes, a look of desire She wants it so bad, how could i deny her? I speak through ...
Posted in Original Poems by IJUSWNALUVYA on 02-09-2007

It's Over
this is just some random thoughts...to empty my mind....not meant to be ''profound''....ijusneededtovent:)I had you for a little while I even made you smile But it was over before it ever began Your heart has no room for me But for her still And I knew that she would be But I hoped to empty your heart And fill it again with love But it’s over now ...
Posted in Original Poems by IJUSWNALUVYA on 03-01-2007

your body.....
Your Body Above MeYour body above me, what I'd give, to be able to live, inside you, beside you, all around, surround.... Your body below me, what I'd do, to melt into you, to saturate your soul, drowning in gold. Your body above me, in sensual design, so honest and dignified, spending the entire night in your eyes. I tremble and then completely ...
Posted in Original Poems by IJUSWNALUVYA on 02-01-2007
jus wna those nights!!
Like a sexy fantasy I'm guaranteed to please Touching, rubbing, body bumpin wit me on top and I slow grind, til I hear you whine and you feel it in yo knees Hot wet tongue keeps them p*ssy lips wet Baby quit playing you know it ain't ova yet You know when it comes to f*cking;miss-tah's a five star vet Nobody can make yo *** so wet I see you ...
Posted in Original Poems by IJUSWNALUVYA on 01-16-2007

our night in the shower
OUR NIGHT IN THE SHOWERI turned on the shower, and let the hot water flow over me. I heard you enter, then you turned out the light so I couldn't see. What a strange sensation to feel the water without the benefit of sight. I felt you slip into the tub with me and got little shivers of delight. I reached out for you, and you laughed and said ...
Posted in Original Poems by IJUSWNALUVYA on 12-28-2006

they way you do me
you slide your body against me caressing me with your skin fingers roaming free as i anxiously wait for you to begin run your hands across my chest a faint brush across my n*pples, erect followed by your lips kissing gently on my br*ast as i feel your teeth replace your tongue..perfect pleasure and pain, as you grasp my hair in your hand pull my ...
Posted in Original Poems by IJUSWNALUVYA on 01-04-2007

UNTITLED
You name the time I have the place Do you have enough nerve To even show your face? Talk is easy With;weed and wine It closes the eyes And opens the mind There's freedom in fucking The thought makes me wet I know what youre thinking You're not quite there yet But don't try and tell me The thought never crossed your mind Because I know how ...
Posted in Original Poems by IJUSWNALUVYA on 12-21-2006

need to move on
I think I have now found the strength to move on To stop drowning in self pity for my lover that’s gone A New Year is near, a time for a fresh start Put behind all those feelings concerning affairs of the heart I am still in-love with you, care about you and always will But when it comes to dwelling on you I have had my fill I need to move on ...
Posted in Original Poems by IJUSWNALUVYA on 12-16-2006

go away a little closer
GO AWAY A LITTLE CLOSER First it’s yes and then it’s no. I want you here. I’ve got to go. She lures me in, then kicks me out. Love rushes forth, then in walks doubt. She sings of love that never falters. But then her tune, it quickly alters. She makes me crazy, her ebb and flow. I’m caught up in her undertow. She’s sure it’s love. She deeply ...
Posted in Original Poems by IJUSWNALUVYA on 12-11-2006

love is delusion
Love and happiness, what a delusion, what pretence I was taken in by the illusion, using no thought or sense Maybe it is rightly so to be disheartened and hurt Words once loving feel nothing but curt The anger simmering within me is aimed at no one but myself For my foolishness in believing in the opportunity that I was dealt Wanting and desperate ...
Posted in Original Poems by IJUSWNALUVYA on 12-07-2006

She calls me "baby"
She calls me ''baby''... and I melt slowly dripping my lust into her hands She calls me ''baby''... and I dissolve slowly pouring my want into her body She calls me ''baby''... and I crumble slowly dropping my need into her heart She calls me ''baby''... ;
Posted in Original Poems by IJUSWNALUVYA on 12-07-2006

I FEEL YOU 6/2004
feel your body lying beside mine; you reach out your hand giving me a sign. You smile sweetly as I gaze into your eyes, Knowing I am about to bring you to incredible highs. I kiss your lips so warm and sweet, Feeling the excitement as our bodies' meet. I kiss your neck and hear you sigh, and moan, knowing that never again will either of us ...
Posted in Original Poems by IJUSWNALUVYA on 12-05-2006

just f*ck me!!
With a burning passion, she leads me in the door with her mouth… As she grabs my hips and pulls them against hers… Fingers through the loops of my jeans she takes control of me. She pins me against the counter, Thrusting her leg hard in between my thighs. I give in and fall on top of her… My heat raging inside my jeans. She enlightens me, never ...

WRONG THREAD..LOL
INDIA ARIE-PURIFY ME It’s like your baptizing me with you love…[Verse 1]Easy like Sunday mornin’, like an angel callin’SHE'S taking me all in, I’m embracing HER with my skinLike a glimmer of life, like a vision of lightAnd;SHE'S so perfect that I couldn't picture HER if I tried[Vamp 1]See, some may come, some may goBut I’ll follow you ...

TRUE AND FOREVER LOVE
I sit here in utter amazement at the wonder of you. I wonder how any one person can consume my every thought and feeling. I am consumed by the memory of your body and the way it moves with mine. I hear your laughter and my heart races... I feel your touch and my heart skips. My only desire is to be with you... I dream... of holding you... Your ...

You're Beautiful
I think that you're beautiful I think that you’re beautiful. I do. And maybe it’s just the way that I can dip marshmallows in your skin and drink you by the mug full but I just think that you’re beautiful. And maybe it’s just the way that sunlight oozes from your pores leaving puddles of radiance around your ankles, but I think that you’re ...
Posted in Original Poems by IJUSWNALUVYA on 12-04-2006

F*CKSTRATION
F***strated A term not hard to explain For I have been in this situation many times Life has returned me there again Damn near four years of unfulfilled Midnight romps; almost sexual explosions Need someone to share my skills This term that is not hard to explain Take a peak into my life; come to understand why I am F***STRATED Love of ...
Posted in Original Poems by IJUSWNALUVYA on 12-01-2006

have i lost you?
TO CONTINUE TO LIVE THIS LIE…… ; THERE’S JUST NO USE………. ; IF YOU EVER LOVED ME IT SHOULDN’T BE HARD 2 DO………. ; HAVE I LOST YOU?….. ; WE’VE BEEN THRU SO MUCH THESE PAST 3 YEARS ; NOT A NITE WENT BY THAT DID’NT END IN TEARS…. ; STILL I HELD ON INSPITE OF MY; FEARS…… ; HAVE I LOST ...
Posted in Original Poems by IJUSWNALUVYA on 12-01-2006

UNTITLED
IF I COULD BE FREE;2 BE ME THE REAL ME THAT; GOD INTENDED ME 2 BE THE ONE I WANT PEOPLE TO SEE NOT HAVING TO HIDE BEHIND FALSE CURTAINS OF PRIDE MY ;WOULD WALK WOULD BECOME A STRIDE ON THE HEELS OF EMANCIPATION I WOULD RIDE TO A PLACE WHERE ONLY ;PEACE AND LOVE RESIDE............
Posted in Original Poems by IJUSWNALUVYA on 11-30-2006

Could This Be...
Desires simplistic You and I realistic Unselfish love given Commitment driven Our names written in stars Delicately connected Password protected ; Nothing coming between us Heaven has already screened us Angels nod in approval Fear factor removal Absolutely nothing to prove ; It just feels right Having problems sleeping ...
Posted in Original Poems by IJUSWNALUVYA on 11-30-2006

I'M YOURS
ring me (I’m Yours) c*m see me (I’m Yours) entice me (I’m Yours) delight me (I’m Yours) ; seize me (I’m Yours) arrange me (I’m Yours) inspect me (I’m Yours) caress me (I’m Yours) ; wet me (I’m Yours) taste me (I’m Yours) spread me (I’m Yours) consume me (I’m Yours) ; savor me (I’m Yours); erupt me (I’m ...
Posted in Original Poems by IJUSWNALUVYA on 11-29-2006

LET ME
i was awe stricken by your beauty; let me know you my heart spoke before my mouth could release any words; let me show you i want you to experiance a whole new world with me; let me mold you how can i entice you into this world you''ve ...

F*U.C.K.I.N.G. Y.O.U
Fingerz inside me a feeling so intense United our bodies move..this is pure bliss Cumming together is the ultimate pleasure Kissing your lips....mmmm there's nothing better I'm ready to go down...I've been waiting for this Now it's been too long...i know you miss it Give in to me baby, just let go Your biting your lips as i lick the ones ...

INCOMPLETE
lost in the very notion.............. that loving you causes so much commotion.................; everyday I'm overwhelmed with emotion............... i just want the freedom of ...

GENTLE "RAYNE"
YOU C*M DOWN ON ME SO HARD BUT YOUR LANDING IS SO SOFT EACH TOUCH REMINISCENT OF A ''RAYNE'' DROP I FEEL THE WEIGHT OF YOUR LOVE ON TOP OF ME ANTICIPATING THE MOMENT THIS RELEASE WILL SET ME FREE IN THIS DARK ROOM...WHERE THE ONLY FORM I SEE IS THE FEMININE SILLOUHETTE OF YOUR BODY MY HANDS STROKE THE FAMILIAR...HOW SIMILIAR ARE WE...AND ...

Last edited by Eiregirl on Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:44 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Sunny

OK All,
I have spoken with a real person who is an admin for FLOETRY.COM. He assures me that IJUSWNALUVYA will be banned from the board and all of her posts will be removed within the next 3-4 hours. I have a direct line phone number, so I'll follow up if they are still on the site tomorrow.

Sunny Cool
All poems posted by Sunny: ©2006 - 2007 Sunny (UN: Sunny at melswebs.com). All rights reserved. Any unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited. In other words, if you want to copy it, you need to get Sunny’s permission first.

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Xalia1
Moderators

Eire,

Thank you so much for taking your time to do this. Educating us all about the copywrite and everything else - it is very much appreciated. One of the poems you posted above "our night in the shower".. that's mine. Dang it.

Sunny,

Thanks again to you as well. Your work and the work of everyone else here trying to find these people who are stealing the works of others is appreciated very much.

Hugs,
Xalia

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:33 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Sunny

Well, I’ve gone through all of the posts on FLOETRY.COM written by IJUSWNALUVYA. It appears that the plagiarized poems from mels were:

Rachelle – Fuck (that is the name of the poem, as well as my sentiments)
Wordsmith - Love is Delusion
Wordsmith - Need to Move On
Xalia - One Hot Shower
Silverhawk - The Way You Do Me
Aphrodite – My Vision
Sapphodyte69 - I See
Poetic Love - Her First Time
Sunny – Go Away a Little Closer
Rainbow Princess - Your Body Above Me
Sapphodyte69 - True and Forever
Butchie – I Feel You
Rachelle - Come to Me Gently
Roman - Just Fuck Me
Ghost – She Calls Me Baby
Bean84 - My Mission

Geez, Ghost and Xalia you’re getting some crossover between floetry and butch-femme.com!

There were a few other poems I couldn't find authors for. Ya think perhaps IJUSWNALUVYA really wrote a couple poems herself????

I’ll be talking with the administrator again in the morning since the posts seem to remain alive and well tonight.

Be great!
Sunny Cool
All poems posted by Sunny: ©2006 - 2007 Sunny (UN: Sunny at melswebs.com). All rights reserved. Any unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited. In other words, if you want to copy it, you need to get Sunny’s permission first.

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:12 am 
Eiregirl

quote:
Originally posted by Sunny:
Well, I’ve gone through all of the posts on FLOETRY.COM written by IJUSWNALUVYA. It appears that the plagiarized poems from mels were:

Rachelle – Fuck (that is the name of the poem, as well as my sentiments)
Wordsmith - Love is Delusion
Wordsmith - Need to Move On
Xalia - One Hot Shower
Silverhawk - The Way You Do Me
Aphrodite – My Vision
Sapphodyte69 - I See
Poetic Love - Her First Time
Sunny – Go Away a Little Closer
Rainbow Princess - Your Body Above Me
Sapphodyte69 - True and Forever
Butchie – I Feel You
Rachelle - Come to Me Gently
Roman - Just Fuck Me
Ghost – She Calls Me Baby
Bean84 - My Mission

Geez, Ghost and Xalia you’re getting some crossover between floetry and butch-femme.com!

There were a few other poems I couldn't find authors for. Ya think perhaps IJUSWNALUVYA really wrote a couple poems herself????

I’ll be talking with the administrator again in the morning since the posts seem to remain alive and well tonight.

Be great!
Sunny Cool

Smiles at sunny and puts her list away...darn your quick Smile

Hugs you tight mmmmmm
Eiregirl Arrow

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:23 am 
Sunny

Too slow Eire! Laughing Wink

Well here's the latest with Floetry. There is now a thread called "Xalia1, Sunny1 & AttyLynn" (http://boards.floetry.net/forums/186060/ShowPost.aspx )
with an acknowledgement from one of IJUSWNALUVLA's buddies that she's a plagiarisrt. Apparently this friend persuaded IJUS to remove our poems from her threads. Unfortunately, some live on because they were quoted in other folks' comments. IJUS did, however, remove all of her posts of our work and replaced each with "I apologize" We're making progress... I will continue to attempt to get ALL plagiarized remains of our work removed from the board.

Be great!
Sunny Cool
Working diligently to rid the world of plagiarism Wink

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:46 pm 
ghost

grrrrrr... i am gonna bust some ass when i get back online...

thanks sunny and eire for the headsup. nice work ladies!

regards
ghost

Post Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:54 am 
Eiregirl

quote:
Originally posted by ghost:

regards
ghost

ghost,

It is sunny and darkChylde who are deserving of our thanks and gratitude for all the work they did in helping to resolve these matters. Sunny hunted them down, dark gave one a sharp uppercut while sunny pinned the other down on the mat until they screamed uncle.

Thank both of you wonderful ladies for everything that you did and I want both of you to know that it is greatly appreciated.

Hugs,
Eiregirl Arrow

Last edited by Eiregirl on Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:08 am 
Sunny

quote:
Originally posted by ghost:

regards
ghost

Hey Ghost,
Lots of us feeling some anger lately. But at this point the plagiarism seems to be under control on butch-femme and floetry. Not sure about the rest of cyberspace tho....

Be great!

Sunny Cool
Working diligently to rid the world of plagiarism

Post Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:12 am 
Roman

Thank you wonderful ladies for all the trouble you went through to stop this
It's greatly appreciated!
Huge hugs to you both!
~Cheers, Jack

~ Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me ~

Last edited by Roman on Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:50 am 
desert-fish

Thanx for all the trouble you ladies went to...e-girl/sunny one

pale Very Happy

Post Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:40 am 
Sunny

quote:
Originally posted by pale mirage:
Thanx for all the trouble you ladies went to...e-girl/sunny one

pale Very Happy

Pale,
We've got your back, buddy! For better or worse, you've got "community" Wink

Sunny Cool

Post Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:11 pm 
cjerbear

WOW

You ladies are awesome....Thanks so much for enlightening me on the infringement and copyright .........rights........ and for all your combined hard work to get these problems resolved. I feel safe here at Mel's and will continue to post..........Thanks for making me feel safe. CJ

Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:21 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: