BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> General board

Discussion about [F]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Eiregirl

[F] to me that says "all replies are welcome but criticle feedback is requested"

Rolling Eyes That is all it is and it is that simple so why make a big deal out of nothing?

Eiregirl <---- will keep doing what she does and has been doing and be happy about it... Very Happy

Eiregirl <---- shuts up before she sticks her foot in her mouth or...nevermind that would be sticking my foot in my mouth...or someplace else. Evil or Very Mad

Have a nice day,
Eiregirl Arrow

Last edited by Eiregirl on Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:13 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
naughtygurl72

ah shit...

the way i see it..we are all here to help each other and build each other up..its as simple as that...i dont think mari had any ill intentions at all when she made the suggestion..it seems to be a given to be nice and considerate when you reply to another persons body of work...if it touches you in some way, say so..if you just liked it say so...what really bugs the crap out of me..is the views versus the replies..if you can take the time to read the post why not take the time to say something? i have my own forum(a message forum on sex)...i remind the people on my board to play nice at all times or else you are out on your ass...seems like mari wanted to do something nice..contribute someting more to this site and this thread has gotten more posts than any poem that i have read..where is the logic in that? i would hate terribly for this site to get shut down or banned in any way over this...i come here to feel part of a ''family'' since i live in a very small southern town that does not have alot of support for lesbians...common courtesy applies at all times..if you dont have something nice to say dont say nothing at all...you can offer constructive feedback in a nice way and not be hateful...if i have been anything less that nice to anyone on this site please let me know.....again ladies thanks for welcoming me into this family of very talented ladies..hope we can all stick around and continue to support and build each other up... Arrow

Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:27 am 
realwoman

quote:
Originally posted by Happier Blue:

When I first joined Mels almost two years ago, the majority of Moderators were very visible on the boards posting their own work as well as commenting on the work of others. Now the opposite seems to be true.

Those who now fill the roles of moderators did not join Mels for that purpose. Like the rest of us, they joined because they were writers and their contributions are now missed.

~Blue~

As said above, there is a hidden agenda here - this is not about the F - but about the people who are currently moderators on this site. This statement of Blue clearly indicates the hidden agenda....and the reason for the attack from Blue and Wyld is still hidden...

Anyone who takes the time to look at the number pf posts on the memberlist will see that this attack on the mods is devoid on any truth,

An explanantion of the statement ' those who now fill the roles of moderators did not join for that purpose' will be appreciated. If we did not join for that purpose, Blue, can you please tell us (since you can read our minds) for what purpose DID we join???

Oh, and if anyone are unhappy with ANY moderator, or anything else on the site, just say that, but please state the reason WHY you are unhappy...then we can address the problem,

If yoy dont have anything to complain about, but jumped on a bandwagon, then just say so, and we can all go back to do what we love - writing about the beauty of being lesbian...

Thank you

~realwoman

light is to darkness as love is to fear...

Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:22 am 
Happier Blue

realwoman,

If you read my first response to this subject, nowhere did I make any mention or comments concerning the moderators. When the subject of moderators was raised in relation to this topic, I tried to express my thoughts objectively and fairly.

I assumed, maybe incorrectly, that we all joined this group with the intention of being members not moderators. I do not personally know any of the moderators past or present and believe that the statements I made concerning the moderators have been far more supportive than critical.

You can interpret things however you wish, and obviously you have, but to even suggest that this whole thing has been a veiled attack on the moderators seems more than a bit paranoid.

From the beginning, my position has been that the idea of adding an [F] to the end of the title as a means of requesting more detailed feedback was a good idea that was poorly implemented.

If you want to read conspiracy theory into that you are free to do so but you are simply diverting attention away the only real issue here.

To date, Mairi has been the only moderator who has supported this feedback system both here and on the boards. If there was any real concern that there was a devious plot hatched to undermine the authority or good image of the moderators, why not simply state here or by any other means, “You know, Blue, we all hear you but why don’t you just sit down already and shut-up. The moderators all believe this is an excellent idea and fully support it.”

But, that has not happened.

If you all honestly believe that this has been an attempt by me to attack the moderators, you obviously know little about me, but I will willingly surrender my membership.

And those are truly my final words on this subject.

~Blue~

Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:46 am 
chordphrute

(..I am reading this closely, of course... )

...I would like to add a tidbit in here if I may, as I have been silent thus far - has anyone taken a look at the poetry boards since the "F" was implimented? Posts utilizing the "F" have undergone a sort of workshop-atmosphere, if you will... I think it's wonderful to see. Writers wishing for more constructive feedback are getting more constructive feedback.... hmmm so is it possible that placing one wee little letter at the end of a poems' title adds a positive dimension to the board(s)? .. I, in reiterating what Ms. Cat said, in no way consider myself knowledgeable about the poetic art form to offer constructive feedback. Therefore you won't see me offering an analysis to any post, unless of course someone posted an orchestral score for a sonata, fugue, or symphony..however i think it's fantastic that there is now an outlet for this.

Arrow

Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:41 am 
Sunny

quote:
Originally posted by chordphrute:
(..I am reading this closely, of course... )

...I would like to add a tidbit in here if I may, as I have been silent thus far - has anyone taken a look at the poetry boards since the "F" was implimented? Posts utilizing the "F" have undergone a sort of workshop-atmosphere, if you will... I think it's wonderful to see. Writers wishing for more constructive feedback are getting more constructive feedback.... hmmm so is it possible that placing one wee little letter at the end of a poems' title adds a positive dimension to the board(s)? .. I, in reiterating what Ms. Cat said, in no way consider myself knowledgeable about the poetic art form to offer constructive feedback. Therefore you won't see me offering an analysis to any post, unless of course someone posted an orchestral score for a sonata, fugue, or symphony..however i think it's fantastic that there is now an outlet for this.

Arrow

I’m one of the one’s who’s experienced the [F] “workshop” environment. It’s been extremely helpful and was exactly what I was hoping for. Regardless of how it was implemented, it seems to be working, well at least for me in the poetry forum.

I think everyone on the board understands that most feedback is not coming from literary gurus (if I want that I'll take a course at Harvard). It's coming from other women with hearts. My goal with nearly each poem I write is to touch a heart or two while improving my skills. Whether someone shares a gut reaction or a detailed critique, I'm grateful for the feedback. I'd hate to think someone might limit valuable feedback because they want to improve their writing skills and took the time to ask for feedback... So Cat and Chord, I continue to welcome any feedback you may offer, [F] or not and suspect there are others of us out there that feel the same.

There are plenty of sites to go to learn more skills, but few where I can put my work out there without homophobic responses. I'd like to think whether someone just wants to read poetry, write poetry, and/or improve their skills, Mels can offer a safe supportive, environment to do so.

I sincerely hope that this issue will soon conclude. I feel a strong sense of loyalty to a number of women (as a result of the support and teaching they've offered me in the past) who’ve posted responses on both/all sides of this/these issue(s). Damn, I feel like I'm stuck in the midst of a family fight....

Well, I wish members, Mel and the rest of the Admins/Mods much patience and wisdom (I suspect a sense of humor might come in handy too) as everyone attempts to sort through this mess. I never imagined there could be such an uproar over one little (ok, uppercase) letter.

Peace...
Sunny Cool
All poems posted by Sunny: ©2006 - 2007 Sunny (UN: Sunny at melswebs.com). All rights reserved. Any unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited. In other words, if you want to copy it, you need to get Sunny’s permission first.

Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:16 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
fortheloveofagood...
Site Admin

I am learning alot reading people's replies to the (F) poems, and asking myself new questions about other people's work, which in turn informs my own. Whoever came up this idea, I personally, love it. So far, so good.

Kx

'don't hate your enemies, it clouds your judgement'

~peace comes from knowing only love is real~

Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:58 pm 
DarkChyldesKiss
Site Admin

I haven't got through the entire thread yet so my comment here is limited.

I have never been biased as far as what I read. I enjoy finding a new member who has written something! I do have favorites that i will always read but I am always up to checking out a newer member.

Moderators have alot more to do than just respond to poems. We do enjoy the moments we get to read and respond. As with everyone else our lives do fluctuate as far as time we can spend at the computer for our own pleasure.

I don't work because of a spine injury. It doesn't mean I have all the time in the world to spend reading and responding to poetry. I try to devote time to Mels every day that I am able to. There are days I'm feeling better and can spend the time reading and responding more. Then there are the days that I am in pure hell from pain that keeps me off the computer and in bed. In the past year my condition has worsened so I'm not on the computer as much as i was at one time.

I will and have responded to personal requests to read a persons poetry so that they can have my personal feedback. I have read many works on the boards now that were sent to me in private.

As said we have never claimed to be a literay site that needs to cross our 't's and dot our lower 'j's.

We have many members who don't write but love to read. It doesn't make them wrong for not posting.

I think the (F) for critiquing is a good idea for those that want it. Things get lost on the boards easily . Blink an eye and a beautiful poem gets lost because new members have arrived with more poetry! It's why I enjoy strolling through our archives to see what I might have missed.

Let's remember that poetry is a form of art and that art is not something to be kept in a box. Some of the best artists be they poets, painters, sculptors, etc were the ones who lived outside of the box! They changed the conception of what art is.

An example is haiku! Our wonderful ladies of mels have redefined haiku to an incredible height. They are artists in every sense because they've made it theirs.

As artists we are all a bit emotional so let's give a show of support to each other in any way that we each are able to. Even if its to just read something! I for one, smile when I see that my poetry has been read. I appreciate the people who take the time to respond but I also appreciate those that read!

Ok that's my say in the matter. Sorry if I am off the mark and have wandered a bit but that's just me! lol

Have a fricken shiny day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs to all the wonderful women's of mels for everything they contribute.

DarkChylde

Post Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:20 pm 
wyldhart

...i deleted my post...did anyone notice the views to this post?...715...that's really sad...there are posts on this board with 0 replies....but this HAS 715 VIEWS..and what...38 replies..go figure...i deleted my post for obvious reasons...sometimes...i really wonder why i even come back here.....yeah..yeah..i know....i don't HAVE to....nothing keeps me here....it's just so...and you know what....i thought we all were entitled to our own opinion....but somewhere along the line...people have seen this as a attack..and it wasn't...it was just a few peoples opinions...and i suppose that independent thoughts are not as well taken as they used to be...sad but so obviously. so evidently true..

Post Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:40 am 
DarkChyldesKiss
Site Admin

wyld,

You should have left your posts up.

I don't think its sad that things have no posts. Alot of our members are strictly readers and nothing more. I notice alot about the statistics of the site as far as how many views, posts and such.

It seems people are interested when we have heated discussions or controversy.

Please don't stop coming back to visit. I enjoy your haiku and your clever responses. I wish I could respond as well as you.

Stay shiny

Hugs

Jan

Post Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:51 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: