lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
poem book, book of poetry, rhyme, rhymes, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, lesbian poems, lesbian poetry book, lesbian poem book, 
lesbian book of poems, lesbian book of poetry, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian publication, lesbian poem publication, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
poem book, book of poetry, rhyme, rhymes, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, lesbian poems, lesbian poetry book, lesbian poem book, 
lesbian book of poems, lesbian book of poetry, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian publication, lesbian poem publication, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Poetic Form and Technique

Ponder (#43 Monchielle)

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Eiregirl

Ponder (#43 Monchielle)

What is a Monchielle…
The Monchielle is a poem that consists of four five-line stanzas where the first line repeats as the first line of each stanza.

Structure…
As noted this form has four stanza’s. Each stanza has five lines. Each line consists of six syllables. The third and fifth line of each stanza rhyme. The rhyme scheme is abcdc aefgf ahiji aklml.

xxxxxA This line will be the refrain line and will appear as the first line of each stanza
xxxxxB
xxxxxC
xxxxxD
xxxxxC

xxxxxA
xxxxxE
xxxxxF
xxxxxG
xxxxxF

xxxxxA
xxxxxH
xxxxxI
xxxxxJ
xxxxxI

xxxxxA
xxxxxK
xxxxxL
xxxxxM
xxxxxL

This is a rather easy form to write and it is straight forward in its structure. The hardest things about this form will be making the refrain fit with each stanza, holding to the six syllable line structure and last but not least putting the rhymes where they are suppose to be. Do those three things well and you will have written a perfect Monchielle.

Terms…
There are no new terms to share with this form.

History…
Deb came across this form and asked if I had ever seen it before and I had not. We got lucky and found a Monchielle poem with a (created by Jim T. Henriksen) after the poem. With this we were able to find a couple of poetry sites one of which had some information about the creater. That is how I was able to find out that the Monchielle is a recent creation of Jim T. Henriksen who lives with his wife (of whom the poem was partly named after along with the kyrielle form) in Norway.

Now my poem…

Ponder

I sit here and ponder
The look within your eyes
My heart flutters inside
With just the thought of you
My feelings take a ride

I sit here and ponder
The feeling of your touch
The soft touch of your hand
Gliding across my skin
A feeling that is grand

I sit here and ponder
My feelings when you’re near
Longing…when you’re away
With one look my heart leaps
When your gone I feel gray

I sit here and ponder
You…my hearts desire
You are my one true love
Your kiss upon my lips
Were you sent from above

Post Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:30 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: