lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
poem book, book of poetry, rhyme, rhymes, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, lesbian poems, lesbian poetry book, lesbian poem book, 
lesbian book of poems, lesbian book of poetry, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian publication, lesbian poem publication, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
poem book, book of poetry, rhyme, rhymes, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, lesbian poems, lesbian poetry book, lesbian poem book, 
lesbian book of poems, lesbian book of poetry, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian publication, lesbian poem publication, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Poetic Form and Technique

Forest Queen (#27 Triquatrain)

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Eiregirl

Forest Queen (#27 Triquatrain)

What is a Triquatrain?
The Triquatrain is as the name implies…a triple rhyming quatrain.

Terms...
No new terms.

Structure…
There is a specific rhyming pattern where lines one and three have an internal rhyme. Lines two and four do not rhyme internally but have a single end rhyme. Rhymes should not be repeated in following stanzas. There is no set length for this form of poetry except that it must be at least one stanza in length. There is no set meter…so your lines can be as long as you want…or as short.

Example of the rhyme pattern…
Parenthesis indicates internal rhyme
(a,a), b, (c,c), b (First and only required stanza)
(d,d), e (f,f), e (Second stanza)
(g,g), h, (i,i), h (Third stanza)

and so on.

History…
This is a relatively new form of poetry created by Bob Huntsman…sorry I was unable to dig up any further information on the history of this form of poetry.

Now my poem…

Forest Queen

It comes in the night following the light
As the sun sits darkness falls
It is strange how the seasons change
When summer becomes fall

Walking along the forest floor looking for an open door
Watching the colours of fall flutter down from high above
Seeing oranges browns and green as I look for my queen
I search for the queen of my heart of whom I love

In the warmth of her arms I feel her charms
I look and see the warmth of her love all around
The soft colour of fall blankets the forest with honor
I walk across the forest floor until my love is found

Looking through the leaves that blow upon the breeze
I watch as she turns and her eyes fall upon me
With eyes that see through, with eyes so true
Looking into my eyes I wonder, what does she see

Post Sun May 28, 2006 8:38 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Violets-On-The-Sea

Beautiful charming poem, and thanks for info.

Post Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:57 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Eiregirl

quote:
Originally posted by Violets-On-The-Sea:
Beautiful charming poem, and thanks for info.

Violet,

Thank you very much for your reply Smile
and you are very welcome for the info Smile

Hugs,
Eiregirl Arrow

Post Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:34 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: