poetry, poems, poem, lesbian, lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, poetry critique, poetry critic, poem critique, 
poem critic, lesbian poetry critique, lesbian poetry critic, poem submissions, poetry submissions, poetry submission, 
lesbian poetry submission, lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry poetry, poems, poem, lesbian, lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, poetry critique, poetry critic, poem critique, 
poem critic, lesbian poetry critique, lesbian poetry critic, poem submissions, poetry submissions, poetry submission, 
lesbian poetry submission, lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry poetry, poems, poem, lesbian, lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, poetry critique, poetry critic, poem critique, 
lesbian poetry submission, lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Request feedback

Walls

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sunny

Walls

I'm new to the board. Constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated.... Thanks.

WALLS

The walls seemed so solid, firm and intact.
The strongest of mortar, nothing was lacked.
They’d keep out the evil, the heartless, the cruel.
So well protected, I’m nobody’s fool.

But along came the looters with lust in their eyes.
Conquest their game, surrender their prize.
They chip at the armor revealing its flaws.
Stopping at nothing, attack without cause.

A rush to rebuild the walls that are falling.
But the time it is slight, the sirens are calling.
The fortress has crumbled, the contents revealed.
Exposed to the harshness, no longer concealed.

The looters have taken all that’s treasured inside.
My shelter stripped bare, no place to hide.
I now wander in darkness, in shame and in fear.
I’ll rebuild my walls, not another soul will get near.

© 2006 Sunny. All rights reserved.
All poems posted by Sunny: ©2006 - 2007 Sunny (UN: Sunny at melswebs.com). All rights reserved. Any unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited. In other words, if you want to copy it, you need to get Sunny’s permission first.

Last edited by Sunny on Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:56 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Eiregirl

seansun,

Like I said in the emotional section...
I don't think this poem will get very much criticism.

Because to put it more bluntly and to say it plain and simple...it is damn good.

Eiregirl

Post Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:55 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Sunny

Eiregirl,
Thanks so much for the boost. I've waited 45 years to write a poem. "Walls" was my first - my amatuerish attempt to find healthy forms of catharting, but it seems to be working. I've read some of your work and posts on style and will definitely continue to do so - I'm blown away by the knowledge and heart you share with the board. Much thanks for all you do!
All poems posted by Sunny: ©2006 - 2007 Sunny (UN: Sunny at melswebs.com). All rights reserved. Any unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited. In other words, if you want to copy it, you need to get Sunny’s permission first.

Post Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:34 pm 
Avant-garde

(((((((((((((((((Sunny))))))))))))))))))))

nice write,

smiles,

Post Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:05 am 
Sunny

Geez Baby,
You've been doing some digging Shocked This is the first poem I ever wrote. I had no idea how delightfully this poem would affect my life. Now I can't seem to stop writing or talking in verse and rhyme.

((((((Baby))))))))

Have a wondeful day Arrow

Sunny Cool

Post Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:02 pm 
Avant-garde

hee, hee...

smilies,

Post Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:58 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: