poetry, poems, poem, lesbian, lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, poetry critique, poetry critic, poem critique, 
poem critic, lesbian poetry critique, lesbian poetry critic, poem submissions, poetry submissions, poetry submission, 
lesbian poetry submission, lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry poetry, poems, poem, lesbian, lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, poetry critique, poetry critic, poem critique, 
poem critic, lesbian poetry critique, lesbian poetry critic, poem submissions, poetry submissions, poetry submission, 
lesbian poetry submission, lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry poetry, poems, poem, lesbian, lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, poetry critique, poetry critic, poem critique, 
lesbian poetry submission, lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Request feedback

I am not a writer (first draft)

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
ms.deidre

I am not a writer (first draft)

Instead I have green lizzards pinned to my ears,
black butterfly wings clipped to the back of my head,
and a prayer group to lift me up. 'Ask God all things
through prayer and supplication.' What do i write now?
Yearnings for the divine feminine like 1000 little beagles
that won't leave or allow me to step over them, waiting
for a scritch behind the ear. They are too adorable to resist.
I *must* pick them up and let them lick my face,
hold them against my breast and kiss the tops of their heads,
lift up one ear and whisper, 'i love you best' and hope
none of the others hear. Ugh! Where is the poetry in that?

www.myspace.com/ms_deidre

Last edited by ms.deidre on Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:56 am 
Eiregirl

twitches nose... Neutral hmmm

I actually kind of like this just the way it is...especially toward the end.

"Where is the poetry in that?"

There is poetry in everything.

This is your first draft...and you have it here in the request feedback area of the board...
So now I must ask...what kind of feedback would you like...
Do you want to continue on along the same lines as what you have written which is a free flowing style or are you wanting to put it into a more traditional type of format or perhaps you are wanting to simply arrange what you have into something that better says what you are wanting to say...

The more I read it the more it grows on me...can feel those beagles licking my face...maybe you should add another 901 of them Wink

Eiregirl Arrow

Post Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:33 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
ms.deidre

Well, i added another 900 but am adamant about going higher...don't want it to seem too imposible.

Any feedback is fine. I don't do form though...

-Deidre

Post Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:25 am 
Jules

I too like it just the way it is...You created a visual here, there is something to be said for that.
Good job, I would like to see more.
Jules

Post Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:38 am 
ms.deidre

Thanks Jules. Wink

-Deidre

Post Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:57 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: