lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
poem book, book of poetry, rhyme, rhymes, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, lesbian poems, lesbian poetry book, lesbian poem book, 
lesbian book of poems, lesbian book of poetry, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian publication, lesbian poem publication, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
poem book, book of poetry, rhyme, rhymes, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, lesbian poems, lesbian poetry book, lesbian poem book, 
lesbian book of poems, lesbian book of poetry, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian publication, lesbian poem publication, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Poetic Form and Technique

Fresh new day (#29 Ae freslighe - Irish)

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Eiregirl

Fresh new day (#29 Ae freslighe - Irish)

What is an Ae freslighe?
Ae freslighe (pronounced ay fresh lee) is an Irish poetry form that came from the fourth or fifth century A.D. as best as can be determined.

Terms...
No new terms for this entry.

Structure…
An Ae Freslighe is written using four line quatrains (stanza’s) with each line containing seven syllables.
In each stanza the first and third lines have a triple rhyme including end rhyme. In other words three syllables from line one rhyme with three syllables from line three.
In each stanza lines two and four have a double rhyme including end rhyme. Two syllables from line two rhyme with two syllables from line four.
The last line of the poem ends with the first syllable, the first word or the complete first line of the poem.
You can use as many stanza’s as you wish.

A note on the rhyme scheme…
It is not clear whether or not the triple and double rhymes have to be the last syllables of the line or if they can be spread out over the line. I have seen it both ways in various poems of this type that I have read.

Kind of like my new syllable structure thingy…saw it on a website and thought…how cool…and useful.

x x x x (x x a)
x x x x x (x b)
x x x x (x x a)
x x x x x (x b)

You can (from some poems I have read) spread the rhymes out along the line but you still have to have the end rhyme.

Now my poem…

Fresh new day

Looking at the sea below
Birds soar on wings of blue-grey
Songs, they upon me, bestow
The start of a fresh new day

The sound as rain waters fall
From the darkened clouds winds blow
Strolling past the waterfall
Looking at the sea below

Post Wed May 31, 2006 6:30 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: