lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
poem book, book of poetry, rhyme, rhymes, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, lesbian poems, lesbian poetry book, lesbian poem book, 
lesbian book of poems, lesbian book of poetry, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian publication, lesbian poem publication, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
poem book, book of poetry, rhyme, rhymes, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, lesbian poems, lesbian poetry book, lesbian poem book, 
lesbian book of poems, lesbian book of poetry, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian publication, lesbian poem publication, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Poetic Form and Technique

What is important lies behind (#25 Trijan Refrain)

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Eiregirl

What is important lies behind (#25 Trijan Refrain)

What is a Trijan Refrain
The Trijan Refrain is a form of poetry created by Jan Turner.

Structure…
A Trijan Refrain consists of three 9-line stanzas with a refrain and a double refrain.
In each of the three stanza’s the first line is the same (it is refrained).
The first four words of line 5 in each stanza are repeated as the double refrain for lines 7 and 8.
There is a set rhyme scheme of a-b-a-b-c-c-d-d-c for each stanza.
There is a set meter of 8-6-8-6-8-8-(4-4 first four words from line 5)-8 syllables for each stanza.
The only lines that do not count syllables are lines 7 and 8 which count words.

History…
Other than the fact that Jan Turner invented this form of poetry I have found out nothing else about Jan Turner or this form of poetry.

Now my poem…

What is important lies behind

Eyes that show lots of care
Love that I can easily find
Soft silky hair, skin so fair
It is your soul that I must know
All the deeds done by what you sow
It is your soul
It is your soul
Upon me with love you bestow

The words from your sweet lips
Words that speak love, words that are kind
That don’t sting like a whip
Words soft and sweet upon the ear
Telling secrets that are so dear
Words soft and sweet
Words soft and sweet
Spoken words that I love to hear

The softness of your touch
A tender touch that does not grind
A touch I feel so much
I feel your touch upon my soul
Your hand in mine we take a stroll
I feel your touch
I feel your touch
You touch my heart and I am whole

Post Tue May 23, 2006 4:21 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
DanceofSorrows

Oh this is beautiful Eire, perfectly lyrical in folk or jazz music as well. Thanks so much for sharing piece this with me...I feel honored. Smile Hugs

Dance~

Post Wed May 24, 2006 3:51 am 
Eiregirl

Dance,

Thank you for the reply and it is wonderful to share...I am the one who is honored.

Hugs,
Eiregirl Arrow

Post Fri May 26, 2006 5:16 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: