lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
poem book, book of poetry, rhyme, rhymes, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, lesbian poems, lesbian poetry book, lesbian poem book, 
lesbian book of poems, lesbian book of poetry, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian publication, lesbian poem publication, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
poem book, book of poetry, rhyme, rhymes, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, lesbian poems, lesbian poetry book, lesbian poem book, 
lesbian book of poems, lesbian book of poetry, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian publication, lesbian poem publication, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook lesbian, poetry, poetry submission, submission, poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, poetry book, book, book of poems, 
publication, poem publication, poetry publication, ebook of lesbian poetry, lesbian poetry ebook
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Poetic Form and Technique

Seek the truth (#18 Naani-Types of poetry series)

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Eiregirl

Seek the truth (#18 Naani-Types of poetry series)

What is Naani?
Naani is one of India's most popular Telugu poems today. Naani means an expression of one and all.
Now you may wonder what Telugu is. Telugu is, in the most simple of explanations and terms, one of the 24 official languages of India and Telugu is also a people of India with a culture and history of their own. If you want more information than this about the history of the Telugu (the people) then let me know and I will provide you with sources of information along with a short essay.

Poem structure…
It consists of 4 lines with a total of 20 to 25 syllables with no particular syllable count per line. The poem is generally written about human relations or current statements but it is not tied to any particular subject.

A little history…
The Naani was introduced by Dr. N. Gopi, former vice-chancellor to Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India.

Now my poem…well two poems

Seek the truth

Why hate all who are different?
Are you blind of the truth?
Why believe the lies?
Seek the truth inside

Look in my eyes

They do not see eye to eye
Blind of the truth they spread hate
For all who are different
Look in my eyes

Would you like to read some classical Telugu (Naani is a more modern form)…
For more Telugu poetry and specifically Classical Telugu poetry may I suggest reading “Classical Telugu Poetry an Anthology” Translated and edited into English by Velcheru Narayana Rao and David Shulman.

Last edited by Eiregirl on Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
animaanna

Hello Eire

I like this form...nice flow. Sounds meditative.

Much love
Jillian

Post Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:44 pm 
Eiregirl

quote:
Originally posted by animaanna:
Hello Eire

I like this form...nice flow. Sounds meditative.

Much love
Jillian

anima,

Thank you very much for your reply Smile

It does have a nice flow doesn't it?

Hugs,
Evee Arrow

Post Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:48 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: