BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> General board

Keyboard vs quill pen?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
fawnie

this was an interesting topic, i enjoyed the thread.

uno, i never use to type poetry, it all went into a journal, typed later on a word proccessor. i lost my left arm about 6-7 years ago, and i was a lefty, it actually is what forced the issue of buying a computer. i felt lost without my journal.

sometimes i still scribble in a journal but mostly anything i write is done with keyboard, it's far less time consuming and saves my stess for more important things like peeling potatoes Rolling Eyes

one thing i have learned though is drawing is something i still can do with my right hand..it takes a great deal more time and effort but i can still do it.

i too like writing on the pc so much more now because it makes revisions much simpler.

i'd be lost without my keyboard.

interesting topic.

tc, fawnie

Post Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:25 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
DarkChyldesKiss
Site Admin

leguan,

All my work is done first in ink. There are a few written in crayon especially when I open a fresh box of crayolas! I know too much information! lol

DarkChylde

Post Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:56 am 
leguan

Dear Elbereth, SWAY, Fawnie and DarkChylde,
thank you for sharing your thoughts about "keyboard vs. quill-pen" with me. I really appreciate your answers!
Sincerely
Leguan

Post Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:47 am 
Phoenix
Moderators

Great topic Smile

I write with both paper and pc. I am one of those undisciplined one's polluting the internet with words just spewed out there. I rarely revise them. Even my stories dont get much revision once typed. Now, prior to typing them, i stew on them in my brain for days and weeks.

I dont mind constructive criticism at all, in fact I find it sadly lacking, but as Dance has said, some get hurt by it, so I think most just don't do it. I ask for it and still dont get any. sigh

well, thanks for listening,

brat
unrevised spewing

Post Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:50 pm 
SWAY

quote:
Originally posted by DanceofSorrows:

Sway! My computer genuis lol. The one who taught me how to make a room in chat hehehe. Let me ask you, have you ever used napkins to write? When you said you use whatever is avail, that is what I pictured lol. While I will never admit to using toliet paper in promptu moments, I have used napkins.

Dance~

Dance,

Yes I use napkins, and I must admit, I have even used toilet paper. I actually fell over the gate the other night when I was dreaming of what to write and had to run to the other room to get a pen and something to write on and forgot it was there. Needless to say the words eluded me yet again. LOL

HUgs,
SWAY

Post Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:26 pm 
DanceofSorrows

Lmaooo Sway... I am thinking you are talking of a dog gate. I hope next time you can recover your balance long enough to balance your thoughts Razz
Hugs back hun~

And bratty lol... awwwwww, pinching your cheeks...just too cute Wink

Dance~

Post Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:59 pm 
maryonsea

Hello,
good question in fact. I first prefered writing with the pen. showing out of the window and... throwing my papers on the floor... romantic. finally lots of my ideas disappeared while stuggling with my handwriting and oh, computer writing is finally better. I loose less ideas.

Post Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:53 am 
ghost

a-ha!

welcome to Mel's, mary! I see you are from Switzerland, so "Wilkommen!"

and thank you very much for unearthing this thread.

There are a few comments I would like to respond to, but it will have to wait for time available, I'm afraid.

Leguan, thanks for coming up with the original discussion idea.

regards
ghost

Post Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:35 am 
Mairi bheag

I write my poetry in my head first. I know that sounds daft but often it is the way. A phrase, and idea, a whole danged line of iambic pentameter will suddenly present itself in my head as I am driving to work. I begin to see the page in my mind's eye, or even the screen, and elegant words and phrases march across it. Occasionally my creative flow is interrupted by a loud honking and a cry of " Whaur did ye learn tae drive, ye daft cow !"

Later, at tea break, I will think "Oh yeah, that poem. Now, how did it go?...." Maybe some of it will come back to me, or maybe I will have forgotten the whole thing. Sometimes it is all there, complete. Then I reach for whatever is nearer - the notebook and pencil or the keyboard.

I have to say that some of my very early work may just be deciphered from walls, but that's another story (if you happen to be an archaeologist).

Mb
xx

Post Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:49 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: