BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Holiday Tips...

Holiday tips - Madrid
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
fortheloveofagood...
Site Admin

Holiday tips - Madrid

Hey there Ladies of Mels

Me and a bunch of my friends are going to Madrid in March and I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions of places to go, what to do, scene and non-scene. We would really like some suggestions. It's just a long weekend but that is why we want to make the most when we get there.

Now, if there are any spanish speaking ladies - speak up! Spanish is fine, I will find someone to translate Laughing

Thanks in advance!

And if anyone is coming to London I shall return the favour.

Kx

'don't hate your enemies, it clouds your judgement'

~peace comes from knowing only love is real~

Post Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:28 pm 
Footprint

Well well well....so it is Madrid for you, 4?!

OK......... in my humble opinion Madrid is not really a Spanish city that is high up on my list of places worth visiting. I prefer Barcelona, Sevilla, Granada Cordoba etc. Then again, it all depends what you prefer. If you are a nightlife person, then Madrid is a great place to hit the dark streets. Madrid is also be attractive for lesbians in fact, coz there are LOTS OF female prostitutes...lol Wink...ok , ok, don't take me seriously on that one ladies, just a lil joke. But it's true, lots of whores there in the Parque del buen retiro....and lots of drug dealers. Madrid is not safe everywhere.

Madrid is a great place for museum lovers, however. Moreover, I found the post office (!) very worth visiting. If you don't find Madrid as attractive like I did, then you at least have some great options for day trips: Toledo I recommend highly. I don't remember how long it took by train to get there but no more than 2 hours I think. I also went on a day trip to Salamanca, a university city, also nice place to see.

That's about what I have to say about Spain's capital. Basically all of the other Spanish cities I find way more attractive than Madrid but then again I am neither a museum nor nightlife person. You may think differently, 4....I am sure you will have fun regardless. I enjoyed my stay, too. Travelling and exploring new places is always the greatest.

Cheers from a German in Australia,

Footsie

Post Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:53 am 
Mdm Prez

Madrid

Tons of places to eat at every price point everywhere you turn. But one thing you should know....
At any tapas bar you can spit the pit from your olive on the floor, as well as your toothpicks and various other things.

Cat

Post Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:59 pm 
DarkChyldesKiss
Site Admin

*tries to picture Cat spitting olives, toothpicks and various thing on the floor* Shocked

Post Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:32 am 
blewmeaway

Hola.
Al igual que Footprint, Madrid fue una experiencia insignificante. Lo unico que me recuerdo es del Museo del Prado (Goya, Velásquez). Toledo ni me acuerdo de un solo datalle. lol No encontré a la gente amigable. Por supuesto no ayuda que fui hace 22 años! Bueno, esto no te ha servido de nada... Londres, como me gustaría estar ahí ahora... en cualquier sitio excepto donde estoy - demasiadas responsabilidades lmao!

ok, here you go - translation and all...lol
Hello
Same as Footprint, Madrid was an insignificant experience for me. The only thing that I remember is the Prado Museum (Goya and Velásquez paintings). Can't even remember one thing about Toledo. lol Didn't find the people that amicable. Of course, it doesn't help that I was there 22 years ago! Well, this hasn't helped you much... London, how much I would like to be there right now... Anywhere but here - too many responsibilities. lmao

Hope you have a great time!
BMA

Post Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:07 am 
Footprint

quote:
Originally posted by blewmeaway:
Hola.
Al igual que Footprint, Madrid fue una experiencia insignificante. Lo unico que me recuerdo es del Museo del Prado (Goya, Velásquez). Toledo ni me acuerdo de un solo datalle. lol No encontré a la gente amigable. Por supuesto no ayuda que fui hace 22 años! Bueno, esto no te ha servido de nada... Londres, como me gustaría estar ahí ahora... en cualquier sitio excepto donde estoy - demasiadas responsabilidades lmao!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... Smile *melting away listening to the wonderful music called the Spanish language*...sigh..... continua a escribir en espanol, blewmeaway, me encanta escucharlo.... Cool que lengua fantástica!

Cordiales saludos,

Footsie

Post Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:00 am 
blewmeaway

quote:
Originally posted by Footprint:
que lengua fantástica!

Laughing
Too funny...
You see, you just complimented my tongue! roflmao
Pero sé lo que quieres decir...
Te derrite mi idioma? Fascinante...

I could go on but don't want to be kicked out of Mels. lol
Besides this thread has to do with Madrid, te acuerdas?

LOL

BMA

Post Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:17 pm 
Mdm Prez

Dark

You crack me up. Altho I must admit it goes against my grain to spit the pit.

Cat

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:51 pm 
fortheloveofagood...
Site Admin

ahem* taps desk with ruler, WHERE ARE MY HOLIDAY TIPS!

I think we can officially say this thread has gone somewhat off topic.
We are all fixating on Mdm and her olive spitting techniques.

I shall bear it in mind, to give you a full report on what a GREAT time I have in madrid and how COOL it is...

lol

Kx

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:28 pm 
realwoman

LMAOOOO!!!!!

OK OK, although Madrid is not as exiting as Sevilla, Granada, or Toledo, or as fascinating as Avilla or Segovia, and u wont see the windmills of Don Quixotte if u dont drive thru Castilla-La Mancha, i am sure u are going to have a lot of fun in Madrid itself....

Have a coffee on the Plaza Mayor, eat something sweet at the Chocolateria de San Gines, behind the Iglesia de San Gines, one of Madrid's oldest churches. Make sure to drink a glass of El Abuelo, a heavy red wine, and go and eat tapas - i think La Trucha still exists - and DEFINITELY order Callos, and bocadillo de tortilla de patata. Also try Churros con Chocolate for breakfast. U can also check out the Museo del Jamon (remember the movie jamon Jamon??) If u must eat paella, try Restaurante La Paella Real (of course)...

Let us know how it was....and if u got Mdm's record for pip-spitting...

Very Happy ~real

light is to darkness as love is to fear...

Post Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:14 pm 
buendia

i liked museo de reina sofia much much better than prado.. Shocked in prado i was so bored..also i highly recommend fuencaral street, i really dunno what it is in that street but it was always filled with music, interesting people, nice shops Arrow what else...there is a lot of hookers on the street even on main gran via, if i remember correctly in madrid they were east europe hookers..and you can get hashish for free from everybody you ask on the street Rolling Eyes
thats my madrid memory

Post Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:22 pm 
Mdm Prez

p.s. Try the cuchinillo.

Cat

Post Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:15 pm 
fortheloveofagood...
Site Admin

quote:
Originally posted by buendia:
i liked museo de reina sofia much much better than prado.. Shocked in prado i was so bored..also i highly recommend fuencaral street, i really dunno what it is in that street but it was always filled with music, interesting people, nice shops Arrow what else...there is a lot of hookers on the street even on main gran via, if i remember correctly in madrid they were east europe hookers..and you can get hashish for free from everybody you ask on the street Rolling Eyes
thats my madrid memory

buendia, you are so right, 1pm, saturday, walking down from gran via to puerto del sol - sheesh, worse than i have ever seen in London, or Amsterdam. And yes, i recommend Cheuca if anyone goes, all the best gay bars are there and the women, well... let's just say, they are not British and reserved, lol

thanks for all your advice Laughing

Kx

Post Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:26 am 
fortheloveofagood...
Site Admin

quote:
Originally posted by realwoman:
LMAOOOO!!!!!

Have a coffee on the Plaza Mayor, eat something sweet at the Chocolateria de San Gines, behind the Iglesia de San Gines, one of Madrid's oldest churches. Make sure to drink a glass of El Abuelo, a heavy red wine, and go and eat tapas - i think La Trucha still exists - and DEFINITELY order Callos, and bocadillo de tortilla de patata. Also try Churros con Chocolate for breakfast. U can also check out the Museo del Jamon (remember the movie jamon Jamon??) If u must eat paella, try Restaurante La Paella Real (of course)...

Let us know how it was....and if u got Mdm's record for pip-spitting...

Very Happy ~real

No, No, NO NO museums, lol. Not on this holiday, the weather was too good, just wanted to be out and about, but did enjoy the Plaza Mayor, and my friend wasa begging for those churros con chocolate. And yes, drank lots of red wine, mainly rioja tho'.... and had tapas quite a few times, tortilla is best. Laughing

thanks really real

Kx

Post Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:28 am 
fortheloveofagood...
Site Admin

Re: 4

quote:
Originally posted by Mdm Prez:
p.s. Try the cuchinillo.

Cat