BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Moans & Groans

It been forever...

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
LaZCraZDayZ

It been forever...

It seems as though it has been forever since I have been to this wonderful place. Time is a funny thing and seems to go faster and faster the older I get!!!

I guess I am here because lately I have been going through some tough times with my health yet again. I am 31 now, but most of the time I feel like I am 91. Xalia and I have spent the past 7 months fighting with Worker's Compensation over an injury that I got while at work in April. I herniated a disc in my lower back and have been in quite a bit of pain. The company tried to play games of making me work anyway. Finally I hired a lawyer and she has been fighting a good fight for me.

Just this Wednesday I saw a surgeon and I have to have surgery yet again. This time I will be out of commission for longer than before. I have to have a spinal fusion. The surgeon is great. He is hoping that he can get it done this month so that I can finally get on the road to becoming a little more pain free. It's scary to think that best case scenario I will be recovering for 6 months. Worst case...after 6 months they go in and do it all over again.

Sorry for staying gone so long. I just needed to vent for a minute and could think of no better place to do so!

Arrow
Laz
Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you. William Arthur Ward

Post Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:19 pm 
PipSqueak

it's lovely to see you again. Welcome back!!!
I hope the surgery goes well & the pain gets better.
On the plus side, if you're laid up, hopefully we'll see more of you!!

Post Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:21 pm 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

Dear Laz, I know how tough this has been and I think about you often. Im going to hope that this is the start of better things for you and after this surgery you will finally begin to fully recover and have your life back.
Please dont be a stranger here, hell there are not enough of us left here to have one of us go MIA.

Big HugZ, MG

Post Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:57 pm 
Tracey

((((((((((LAZ)))))))))))))

Good luck with the surgery

*hugs*

Tracey

sometimes i wonder... ' why is that frisbee getting bigger'... and then it hits me

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:59 am 
Xalia1
Moderators

((((((((((((Pip, MG, Tracy))))))))))))))) Thanks Ladies.

Her surgery has been set for Nov 14th....SO glad its finally happening. Even though it will be painful, and a bit scary, at least it may relieve her pain. It took forever for them to finally get with it and be willing to fix it!!

(((((((((((Laz)))))))))))))))) Love you, my chick. We'll be alright, and I will be happy to show you that you are far from 91 years old when you recover Wink

Hella Hugs,
Xalia Arrow

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Hang in there, Laz. Thoughts with you. J

Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:46 pm 
MdmPrez

Laz

I am so sorry you've been having such a tough time. I hope the surgery makes it all ok and you're back to youself again.

(((((((((((((((((((((( Laz )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Post Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:25 am 
LaZCraZDayZ

Thank you everyone for the well wishes. It is scary that I am actually looking forward to this surgery just to be out of pain. I am willing to endure a little more temporary pain to be out of pain in the long run. I went today for my pre-testing and of course my heart is acting up again. I hope that it isn't anything that will put the surgery off. I just want to get it done and be well again. Back to my "old" self. Nothing too bad, just when they did the EKG, my heart decided to do a few tricks Smile

Tomorrow I go to see the pain management doctor that will be taking care of me after surgery. Then Friday one more appt with the vascular surgeon that will be there because they are going in through the front...to get to the back. Weird to think that they just move everything to the side to get to the spine. Creepy!!

I am sorry that it always takes a medical issue to bring me back to the computer world and of course back to this fantastic place. It has been quite a few months since I have been able to sit at the computer for as long as I would like. I am hoping that when the surgery is done I can resume all of the things that I used to take for granted. Like the computer, and sleep, and sitting Smile

Thanks again for thinking of me,

Arrow
Laz
Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you. William Arthur Ward

Post Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:07 am 

Just thinking about you Laz, and hoping that your surgery went well, and that your recovery is going well also. Keep the faith. J

Post Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:23 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: